PDA

View Full Version : problems??? I got no stinking problems...

RICHARD
01-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Compared to this guy.....

----------------------------------------------

Dream holiday turns to nightmare

A German professor who went on a dream holiday to Costa Rica woke up in an airport departure lounge to find his leg had been amputated.

The professor said he had gone to see a doctor at a hospital in San Jose because his left foot was swollen.

He said: "An aspirin usually did the trick. I have had the problem before - it was nothing serious - just something caused by my diabetes.

"When I got to the hospital they put me on a bed and I heard the word amputate. I tried to protest, but before I knew it they had given me drugs to black me out, and when I woke up I was at the departure lounge.

"My suitcases were by my side - and then I realised my leg was missing. I couldn't move, and when I checked my wallet I found that £200 had been taken out and replaced with a receipt for the amputation.

"It was like a bad dream and I could not believe what had happened."

Professor Ronald Jurisch, 50, from Dessau in Sachsen-Anhalt, said the holiday was booked for him by friends for his birthday as the trip of a lifetime.

After the operation, Prof Jurisch collapsed and was taken to a private clinic where he was diagnosed with blood poisoning.

He said it was four weeks until a special medically equipped plane took him back to Germany where he underwent 23 more operations to try and repair the damage from the amputation.

He is now seeking to take legal action against the hospital in San Jose.

-----------------------------------------------

His lucky that his trip didn't cost him and ARM AND A LEG!!!

moosmom
01-11-2005, 12:34 PM
OMG!!! he said as he waved his wooden leg in the air!!

QueenScoopalot
01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Good luck to the guy! I have doubts he'll get anything back $$$ wise. :rolleyes:

Pit Chick
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
:eek: :eek: :eek: Good luck to the guy! I have doubts he'll get anything back $$$ wise. :rolleyes:

Screw the money, I would want my leg back.:eek:

Jods
01-12-2005, 08:03 PM
wow is that true?? Does anyone know?... If so I would hope the lawcase goes through. In school we learned you must get the patient to sign a form and explain the whole procedure to them make sure they initial its being done to the right side (go figure) and ask them again if they understand what the procedure is going to do. When I had the lump removed from my breast they said a million times right side right okay right side right. Did you sign that and read the whole thing? Do you understand it? We're not removing your whole breast! (well I hope not for gods sake! LOL I was drugged.) I had to sign like 3 forms. Better safe then sorry the only part I wanted to object to, but didn't cuz I didn't know what the hell it was this stupid pill I thought was to put me to sleep was actaully a pill to get a person to relax and calm there nerves what a pile of Sh%t I wouldn't have taken it if I knew that I have some phobia of putting srugs into my body. I do it if needed and even then I hate it... Poor guy... :(