PDA

View Full Version : What's the strangest behaviour or 'thing' your pet does?

TrixiesMom
01-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I mean, things that make you raise your eyebrow and say 'Oooooooooooooooooookay....'

When I get out the shower/tub, I can only dry down to my knees... Trixie insists on licking the rest of the legs and feet dry.. if I dry my feet, she gets mad at the towel, bites it, then proceeds to pout and sulk all day.

vinjashira
01-11-2005, 11:56 AM
rolls herself on bird's poo ...yuck!

Samantha Puppy
01-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Samantha will go over to her pillow, put her two front paws on it and pull it towards her and hop backwards with her back feet. It's freakin' fruity.

LorraineO
01-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Merlin is pretty average,, nothing really weird ,, YET,, but Lucy,,, she will turn in a tight circle at LEAST 8 times before settling down in one spot..... its a wonder she doesnt fall on her face!!!!:eek:

Jadapit
01-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I don't know if this is strange but when ever someone comes to our house or one of us comes home Jada has always got to put something in her mouth before she greets anyone. It's really pretty funny. She will stand there with on of her toys in her mouth and snort at you.:p

Lorraine, Diamond does the same thing Lucy does turns around and around before she lays down. It's gotta make them dizzy dont you think?;)

bckrazy
01-11-2005, 03:09 PM
whenever anyone kisses Gonzo, he rolls over and rubs his whole head with his paws about 20 times :p and he snorts while doing it

joanofark
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Duke is pretty normal.
Now Max is just plain Silly:p. One thing he does it takes a leaf and scoots it accross the floor with his nose.:confused::p

DogLover9501
01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO
but Lucy,,, she will turn in a tight circle at LEAST 8 times before settling down in one spot..... its a wonder she doesnt fall on her face!!!!:eek:

Jasper does this too!! Sometimes he gets dizzy LOL

Luna
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Both my dogs Luna and Jupiter love to lick my legs after a shower. (I hate when they do that.):rolleyes: Jupiter gets into a fight with her tail every once in a while, to the point where she pulls out some hair. Luna likes to tease Jupiter by taking all the chews and stuffies downstairs where Jupiter can't go. When Luna decides she wants to play, she brings them back up and flonts them in front of Jupiter. They are both a couple of characters.:D :rolleyes: :Dhttp://www.talkingdogs.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10005/thumb_1.jpg

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Tango ahs a stuffed cow and at night she'll lay on her pillow and rock herself to sleep with it:) I can't really explain but I've never seen a dog do this until I got her lol.

fritz03
01-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Fritz learned a new thing last week.he was sitting on a folded blanket begging for food from my dad when he pulled the blanket out from under him and he jumped back and landed just as he was before.it's amazing what this dog can do to entertain us.

Vette
01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
The dog my mom used to have used to hump pillows and her toys. :rolleyes:

Kirby can lay on his stomache,, and pull himself across my room with his front feet. :D

and Cheetoo likes to sleep in a punch powl ontop of our small fridge. i have a picture of her doing that here somewhere *goes to look for it*

lute
01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Beanie is pretty normal i think. he "wooos" at me like a husky though.lol

Lexi_Lover
01-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Well Lexi does a couple different things...heres just a couple:

-She grabs a bone, treat, toy, etc and lies on top of it and moves her body back and forth, don't ask me what she is trying to accomplish there!

-She sees the Playstation 2 commercial on tv when the guy dances outside the truck while delievering to Wal-Mart and then she sits there and starts moving bck and forth.

-If you leave and then come back in 2 seconds later, literally then she will act as if you have been gone for like 2 years!

-She will lick my legs after a shower and INSISTS on coming in too!

I think thats it, but she does a lot more! LOL!:)

cali
01-11-2005, 06:57 PM
lol well when Happy wants my food she will jump and my lap and stare at me, she is a relitivly big dog though so I cant eat when she is on my lap lol and if I am laying on the couch eating she she place her head on my shoulder and star at my food. its just her way of begging, and it works lol I am so used to dogs begging my sitting in front of me crying and doing tricks so whenm Happy just rests her head on my shoulder I tend to share my food with her without thinking lol

Misty..umm EVERYTHING she does is weird! lets see when she farts she jumps in the air, comes back to where she was sitting sniffs the spot and runs! in the summer while I am filling the doggy pool Misty will run across the yard, dive into the pool slip, falls and go sliding out the other side of the pool. when I was eating watermelon this summer Misty ran through the house took a flying leap onto the chair accross from me, the chair went sliding accross the floor, came to a sudden stop and Mistys chin hit the table, watermelon almost came out my nose I was laughing so hard! she is a real drama queen about everything, so everytime I teach her a trick she adds her own little twist to it lol

Blair is insane, I will put it that way lol he seems to think that the way to ask to come in is by going under the deck and howling. to go outside she runs to the door and repeatedly jumps abound 3 feet high, bouncing off the door until you let him out. he has worshiped himself every day since he was a puppy, he will stand with his front paws on the hearth and stares at his reflection for at least 2 minuts every day, and he has never failed to do this in over a year. when he gets the zoomies he grabs a toy and runs up and down the stairs with it, the toy has no real purpose in this lol

perky and Ripley are pretty normal though lol

KYS
01-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Rocky does a bunny hop dance when he gets excited.

If you give Sheba a treat,
she drops it on the ground first and
then has to inpect it before she will finally
eat it.

Vette
01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Ah found that picture i was talking about.
Cheetoo in the punch bowl. hehehe

http://img56.exs.cx/img56/5169/cheetoo236ij.jpg

sorry for posting a cat picture on the dog board. :o

Glacier
01-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Sleet has a very set path that she walks around the inside of the house. She absolutely under no circumstances can not take another route. If there is something blocking her usual path to the door, she will not go around. She stands behind the obstacle and paces until someone either moves the object, which can be as small as a stuffed toy or if it's larger (like the pile of boxes there tonight) we have to carry her to the door! There could be a fire in her way, she ain't going any other direction!

PJ's Mom
01-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Peej doesn't really have any strange things he does, but Bailey likes to roll herself in dead things. Doesn't matter what...snakes, mice, etc. :eek:

Bailey takes a lot of baths. :rolleyes:

cali
01-14-2005, 12:15 PM
ok I had to find this thread again when I remebered some of Happy and Mistys weird things they do lol

when I am laying on the couch, Misty will lay sprawled oyt on the back of the couch, and when she wants my attention she reaches down with her paw and hits me on the head lol

and Happy has this weird thing where after I use a towel she has to pull it down from wherever it is(sometimes she pulls it off of me lol) and rubs herself all over the towel. she is a strange one lol :confused:

petslover
01-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Ziggy always does the HUH? sound.. you know how scooby doo does lol! She used to do it more when she was a puppy but she still does it every now and then

In the summer time, Tiger likes to roll in dead ants outside :confused:

Sometimes, when you pet CoCo he will growl yet he will still turn on his belly wanting you to pet him. He is a little grouch sometimes.

Bouncer will roll around on his back for about 10 minutes at a time.

Buster -- will turn around in circles until he gets dizzy when he tries to lay down. then he will move 50 times to get comfy.

Muffin- When Muffin gets happy she will run around in circles. lol!

petslover
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
oh yeah, Muffin will get a piece of dog food. Bring it in living room. Play with it, bark it at, throw the dog food in the air, and then will protect it.. It could be up to 10 minutes before she eats the food.

fritz03
01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
My sister's dog Taffy a Whippet/hound mix will also go to her dish,throw her food around and finally get around to eating.Fritz won't do that with food.He will sit either sit up and beg or sit and growl at his water dish.He wants it filled with fresh water asnd he will follow you to the laundry room to get just to make sure it's fresh.

petslover
01-14-2005, 03:28 PM
oh yeah, if the water bowl doesn't have a certain amount of water in it Tiger will scratch and push the bowl around the kitchen.

Bouncer has a very annoying bark. He howls so loud and everyone around here talks about it lol!

PJ's Mom
01-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Speaking of water...

Peej has to have at least one tiny cup (a 3 oz. dixie cup) filled with fresh water every night at somewhere around 10:00. Then, if his majesty hasn't had enough water with that, he'll bring the cup out of the bathroom and drop it at my feet, letting me have the honor of filling it up again for him. :rolleyes:

(we know who runs things in my house) :D

TrixiesMom
01-14-2005, 03:48 PM
ROFLMFAO!

*wipes tears from my eyes*

The visuals those gave me.. I can just imagine..

K9soul
01-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Tommy enjoys doing this in the hallway: He leans against the wall, lays the front half of his body down on the floor while leaving his butt sticking up in the air, and "walks" with his back legs, propelling the front part of his body forward along the floor while still leaning against the wall and growling happily. He will propel himself all the way down the hall, stand up, turn around, and do it again all the way back. Outside (as most already know) he tries to find the absolute largest log he can cram into his mouth to carry around, even if it is so big that he has trouble trotting/walking with it and keeps dropping out of his mouth.

I can't think of anything that Tasha does that has no logical explanation. I guess Tommy is my main weirdo :D

RobiLee
01-14-2005, 05:18 PM
I can't think of anything super strange. Katie also has to always have something in her mouth when she greets you. It can be anything. Just as long as she has something. She also doesn't bark much, when she is a very happy girl she will woooooooo at you. I love when she wooooos! Its the greatest sound ever! She loves people and she is always woo wooing at them, except they think it is some kind of weird growl so they always seem to be a bit scared of her. Tori..hmmm...she can make all kinds of goofy sounds! I don't know if that is so strange though. Thats just "husky talk"....lol

Robin :)

jazzzytina
01-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Can I have some of that cat punch? And I know the folks in Cat General would love to see that.

Nilla chews on the cats' heads - she will hold them down with her paws and just nibble on their heads until they get tired of it, but usually they can't get away. Emily, our long-haired black cat, is the funniest because she always comes away from those Nilla "grooming" sessions with her hair all wet and wild!

sammy101
01-14-2005, 10:02 PM
where do i start!:eek: :eek: :D