PDA

View Full Version : Cracker Jack needs prayers

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2005, 08:14 PM
I took him to the vet tonight, expecting a diagnosis of UTI. Instead, I might have a seriously sick kitty on my hands. :eek: :( :( The vet didn't know for sure, but...well, let me start at the beginning.

He doesn't have a UTI. What he has for sure is an infected canine tooth, thus the two spots he has scratched raw on the side of his face. The diarrhea is most likely a result of the Clavamox they gave him at the end of December. Sometimes antibiotics kill too many bacteria - including the good ones. I've already had this happen when I had a UTI. The next thing you know I have a yeast infection as a result of the antibiotics, this is similar to what the vet thinks is wrong with Cracker Jack. He took a "swab" and it was bloody, so he said that's probably why Jack is not peeing in the box - because it hurts - poor boy. :(

However, the protein in his urine was "off the scales" and that has the vet extremely concerned. He then took blood, which they are sending out and they will have the results tomorrow. If the protein in the blood is extremely high, things don't look good. I really don't know what he all said it could be, but I do know one of the things mentioned was FIP and also the Plasma Cell Carcinoma that Tubby had.

So, it could be nothing more than an infected tooth and not enough bacteria, but it could be something extremely serious. :(

Turns out CJ is extremely hard to pill, and he puts up quite the fuss with all the poking and prodding the vet did, so he is hiding under the bed right now, and will probably hate me for quite awhle considering I have to give him this paste stuff and a pill twice a day. :(

I guess I am just numb right now. This can't be happening to this sweet boy. :( So please pray that it's the "less serious" result. If I remember right, that result will mean just a few more pills and paste and having his infected canine removed. If it's the "more serious" result....I don't even want to think about it....:(

LoudLou
01-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Cracker Jack, Debbie, Terry & Peanut, too -

Prayers, Hugs, Paws & Claws all crossed in hope for a speedy recovery....

Katie, LOUD Louie & The Beans

jazzcat
01-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh Debbie, this just can't be bad. (((HUGS))!

I'm sending you and Cracker Jack every ounce of positive thoughts and energy I have that this is a simple issue of an infected tooth. You and CJ deserve a happy long time together and that is what it will be. Period!

The power of PT prayers have worked miracles and I'm counting on that to be the case once again.

Prayers, crossed paws and anything else I can think of are coming your way. I'll be checking frequently for updates.

AbbyMom
01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Oh no! Prayers on the way for Cracker Jack, Debbie, Terry & Peanut.

catnapper
01-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh Debbie and CJ... things will be fine! We'll send prayers that its "merely" the infected tooth. He is just too special of a boy tobe seriously ill.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you both

Craftlady
01-10-2005, 08:40 PM
I will keep good thoughts and prayers.

anna_66
01-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh goodness Debbie:( I just hope and pray that this is nothing serious and CJ will be just fine.

Tonya
01-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Jeez, I don't come here often enough! I didn't even know you got a new kitty! I'll have to search the threads.

I hope that Cracker Jack will be ok. He'll be in my thoughts.

kuhio98
01-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Fingers and paws crossed. Angel Tubby is pulling for you too!
Please keep us posted. :(

CalliesMom
01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm so so sorry! Cracker Jack please fill better...Meowmie needs you. :(

Vermontcat
01-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I hope that CJ feels better soon and that it isn't anything too serious.
You have been through so much lately, I'm sending a whole bunch of hugs your way.

Uniqueviking
01-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Aww, poor C.J. :( My very best wishes and prayers that it's nothing serious!!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-10-2005, 09:49 PM
:(
<ringin BIZZIE> Dial it again, Cinners!

Hellow, GOD!?

Sorrie God ~ we dint mean ta *shout*...
But ebberbuddie down here onna Durt Ball is kinna uppyset wiff
our New Buddie Cracker Jack turnin up sicklee! :(

Yeah, we unnerstand... sum Kitties get sicklee an sum dont... Butt...
Ooooh, we dint knowe You dint have dierkt kontroll over dat.

WHUT kan we do ta get CJ feelin better?

Oh, YESS Sir!
All us FurKida are Krossin pawz, klawz, whiskerz, tailz -
eberything we gots ta Kross iz Krossed!
An our Hoominz are sendin Purrayerz az fast az dey kan say em!
An <take a peek> - See allua Kandilz Burnin in da windowz?
They're all burnin fur CJ tonite!!

You were?
Reallee 'preciate Your <riding along> to da White Coat Lab wiff CJ!
An THANKS fur holdin Miz Deb wiffa GodsPawz whilst da exam wuz goin on...
She's purdy shook up an mitta furgot ta say "Thankz";
but we knowe she's Thankfull You wuz der wiff em!

Prolly Help alot iffin You kuld <whispur> ta CJ dat he'd get *better*
sooner iffin he'd take da Medz wiffout *fussin* so much!

Wuld You keep an eye onna Lab Rezultz?
We're all gonna Pray they come back OK.

PaLeeze do whut'Ca kan, God...
CJ's got such a *Luvin Home* now ~
We'd all 'perciate it iffin he kuld shake diss off an be
able ta *enjoy* da Luv he's gettin.

Maybee give a Big {{{Fambily HUGG}}} fur CJ, PeaNutter, Deb an Terry?

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

{{{HUGS}}} to CJ anna Fambily
frum Dad an us!!

Grace
01-10-2005, 09:52 PM
All my prayers heading your way - fingers and toes crossed, also.

jazzzytina
01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
All our prayers coming yours and CJ's way...CJ, you get well, now - we need more of you around here at PT!

Please, Dear God, we ask that You send Your healing love and light to surround Cracker Jack and make him feel much better. Please let his diagnosis be something that can be cured easily. We trust in You to hear our prayers.

In Jesus' holiest Name we pray...

(Smokey & Cinder, I really liked your prayer)

slick
01-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Debbie....I'm crying so hard I just don't know what to say. I'm going to email you when I settle down.

God....why does there have to be so much sadness around here these days??

RedHedd
01-10-2005, 10:05 PM
OMG! I've been offline most of the day because of work! OH CJ! We've got all our paws and claws crossed in prayer that whatever is making you feel not so good is something that is easily fixed. {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} to Debbie, Terry and Peanut too.

christa
01-10-2005, 10:18 PM
First of all, I'm SOOOOO SORRY about CJ! This just isn't fair! He's in my prayers . . . hopefully it is only an infected tooth.

About the pill . . . I understand completely! Josie is a horrible pill-taker. Not sure if you know this or not, but if you blow on their nose after you pop in the pill, they will swallow it down perfectly. Try it if you haven't already. Works like a charm! ;)

Let us know as soon as you find out the test results!

*kitty kisses* to sweet CJ!!!

Logan
01-10-2005, 10:24 PM
I could probably not "pill" Mimi or Butter, as I've told you before. I do not have gentle cats when it comes to medication.

Debbie, whatever you have to do, regardless of whether it is better for CJ to stay with the vets to get his medication, do what you have to do. I will pray and pray that everything is going to be ok for your new precious boy. It just has to be!!!!

We're here and listening for you. Please let us know what you find out. And hugs to Peanut and to CJ.

Logan

iloverat
01-10-2005, 10:34 PM
I was so shocked and sad to see that CJ is sick. Hopefully, it is *only* his tooth. Debbie, please know that you and your family are in my prayers. Along with all the other PTers, I'll be checking in for the uppydates, keeping fingers crossed that the results will be OK for little CJ.

Bobbi

zippy-kat
01-10-2005, 10:38 PM
{{In my thoughts and prayers!!!}}

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about CG but let's all stay positive and only think good thoughts for him. Just repeat after me, "He's going to be fine. He's going to be fine." PT prayers are very strong and have worked many miracles in the past. They can do it again.:) Huge prayers and lots of positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care and keep us updated. {{{{HUGS}}}}

shais_mom
01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh Debbie thoughts and prayers on the way for you and CJ.

Corinna
01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Prayers and {{HUGS}}} from Montana.

NoahsMommy
01-10-2005, 11:55 PM
First....(((HUGS))) to you for all the worry and uncertainty you've had to deal with. :(

I'll be praying for sweetie pie, CJ. He isn't allowed to be sick...I'll inform God. ;)

Take care, OK??

P.S. Can you grind up the pills and hide it in food?

popcornbird
01-11-2005, 01:36 AM
Oh Debbie...:( {{{hugs}}} Poor little CJ! I'll be praying that its nothing serious, and that your sweet new boy will recover in no time. He's such a precious little guy. Dear God...please let him be okay.

:(

tomkatzid
01-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh no. Poor CJ. I use a pill pusher on Kelcee and it works bettter now after months of doing it. Hopefully he will let you give him the pill once he has calmed down from the visit to the white coats.
Keeping our paws and claws crossed for your new little boy .
Tom and Katz

Barbara
01-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Debbie I am so sorry that you have to go through this in a time where you need the comfort of normal life!

I hope so much Cracker Jack turns out ok. Just like us you will solve the pill problem- when you know it helps him and he needs it you can do it and I am very surprised Tigris forgives us the rather violent method we're using as if he knew it's basically good for him (which does NOT mean he accepts it :eek: ).

I keep my fingers and paws crossed for you!:)

Kirsten
01-11-2005, 04:15 AM
Oh Debbie, this just cannot be!!! :(

Like Barbara has said, you need comfort and positive things in your life now, not another tragedy!! Poor you, and poor little Cracker Jack!! I sure hope you will get the "less serious" result, and that only his tooth needs to be removed. It would be just too awful if it would be one of the other options.

You're in my thoughts,

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
01-11-2005, 04:29 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{DEBBIE}}}}}}}}}}}

No matter what the outcome, we will be here for you. Cracker Jack needs you and even if that turns out to be for only a short time, there was a reason for him to be sent into your life. He needs all the love you can spare. Being sick and alone in a cage was NOT to be his destiny. He will know love again for the remainder of his life. I will be praying that "that life" will have many, many more years. I'll continue praying until those test results come back. Hang in there, we are all here with you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-11-2005, 04:31 AM
Oh no, Debbie.... . Not Cracker Jack.... :( . I was enjoying the video's about him and Peanut so much!! Please God, let him get better, it is not fair to Debbie, she has gone through so much with Tubby.... .
Fingers and tails are all crossed here!! Please update us as soon as you now more, Debbie

sasvermont
01-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Deb, it sounds as though you found a sick kitty from day one. I think the original place was not totally honest with you.

In any case, you and CJ will be in my thoughts and I hope things work out for the better!

Love and kisses to you all,
SAS

Lacey
01-11-2005, 05:47 AM
Oh how awful! Fingers and paws are crossed here, and we're sending prayers up the prayer line that it's just a bad tooth! :( :( :(

catcrazylady
01-11-2005, 05:53 AM
NO WAY!!! It's not going to be anything more serious than a tooth! It just can't be!!!
Debbie we have all seen the PT miracles that have happened many times when we all come together and pray. CJ has lots and lots of prayers going out for him now and you just have to believe that it isn't going to be anything horrible. Tubby sent this poor little guy to you because he knows how kind and loving you are to a sick kitty and he just knew how desperately CJ needed you.
I will be lurking all day looking for some kind of update but I will also be praying like crazy!

Lots of HUGE {{{HUGS}}} to you, Terry, and special gentle {{{hugs}}} to CJ.

aguu
01-11-2005, 06:34 AM
Oh NO...Poor CJ - prayers on the way.
(Mishka had diarehha for months after Clamavox - finally what cleared it up was Acidophilous)

ChrisH
01-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Oh, Debbie. :( {{hugs}} Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Chris

lbaker
01-11-2005, 07:19 AM
A very special new candle is burning in my "prayer window" for dear CJ, and for you and yours Debbie. You must be just about drained empty yet you must be strong and brave for awhile longer. Dear CJ, please get well.. you are so much loved by so many in this new life you've been given. Please make it last longer.

mina'smomma
01-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Debbie,

I'll keep CJ in my prayers that it is just an infected tooth. He is too sweet to have anything more wrong with him.

K & L
01-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Debbie, I'm so glad you took such a quick action and got Cracker Jack to the vet. Hopefully once they get the infections under control all will be well. You are in my thoughts today! Please update as soon as you have more news.

kimlovescats
01-11-2005, 08:10 AM
(((HUGS))) Debbie, and prayers that CJ does not have a serious illness. Like Jen said, if he does, your adopting him was NOT in vain .... he needed you, and you needed him ... but I am praying that this is just a little hurdle that you will have to get over, then all will be well!

Love,
Kim

catmandu
01-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Prayers,are coming,for our Friend Cracker Jack,and wehope,that the white Coats,and You,can bring,that Dear Cat,.back to health.

Shady
01-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Never did I think I would be wishing for something such as dental problems for one of our babies, but I am, with all my heart.

From what I've read and seen, they can cause havoc with the entire system, so it would not surprise me that it was a dental culprit.

Fingers (and toes) crossed. :(

moosmom
01-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Debbie,

I'm praying with all my might that CJ will be okay. He came into your life for a reason. He WILL be okay!! ((((((hugs)))))) to you, Terry, Peanut and CJ. Please keep us posted. If you need to talk, call me!! I'll PM you with my number. I'll be home all day.

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Debbie, I am keeping you and CJ in my prayers! Please keep us posted.

ramanth
01-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Oh Debbie. :( This is not what you need right now. :(

I'm praying so hard that it is nothing more than an infected tooth. Give CJ some scritches for me. *HUGS*

smokey the elder
01-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Poor Cracker Jack! Fingers and paws crossed that you'll be ok.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
{{{{{{{{{{{DEBBIE}}}}}}}}}}}

No matter what the outcome, we will be here for you. Cracker Jack needs you and even if that turns out to be for only a short time, there was a reason for him to be sent into your life. He needs all the love you can spare. Being sick and alone in a cage was NOT to be his destiny. He will know love again for the remainder of his life. I will be praying that "that life" will have many, many more years. I'll continue praying until those test results come back. Hang in there, we are all here with you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you so much everyone. Now that I've had a little sleep (even a little bit helps), I'm feeling more positive and I'm feeling just about exactly how Jen says. Jen, I don't know how you do it, but you always manage to say the right thing. :)

I haven't heard anything yet, so it's just a waiting game for the vet to call. And yes, even if it is the more serious result, I will not turn my back on sweet little Cracker Jack. The vet asked me about that last night because the blood test is kind of expensive (the total bill for last night alone came to about $250.00) so he wanted to make sure I was ready to "spend the money" or if I just wanted to "call Hinsdale and return him." I immediately assured him that I would most definitely NOT be sending him back, he is too special of a boy for that. I will, however, most definitely be calling them and letting them know what's going on, no matter what the results. All their paperwork assures the adopter (me) that they want me to have a healthy cat and if there are any problems at all, to contact them - so that's what I will be doing.

Right now I am of the mind set like a few of you mentioned. He is simply not allowed to be seriously sick, and that's all that's too it. :)

Like Barbara mentioned, it's amazing how forgiving they are. Once we got home I had to give him some goop (Probiocin). It comes in what looks like a huge hypodermic needle thing, without the needle. It's a paste that I have to shoot into his mouth. He fought like the devil. I got a little bit in - then he bit my thumb and that was the end of that(the bite is not serious, but I'm watching it closely for spreading of the infection). About 1/2 hour after that, he was ready for me to love on him again. :D He was tentative at first, and ready to bolt, but when all I did was pet him he relaxed. :D

Oh, and I know this is getting kind of long, but after we got back home, I put him in the bedroom so he could calm down a bit. A little later Terry let him out....and Peanut copped a sniff! CJ was standing looking up at his daddy, and Peanut walked right up to him from behind and sniffed his tail! Only one minor little hiss when he decided to move and interupt her sniffing. ;) :D She didn't hiss the rest of the night either, even when they came really close to each other at one point. Maybe she's mellowing a bit, or what I was thinking is that maybe he smells like the vet now, and she's used to that smell on Tubby.

Anyway, I'll be sure and update once I hear from the vet. I am thinking only positive. He will be ok, he will be ok, he will be ok!

QueenScoopalot
01-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Sending lots of purrayers that it's nothing more than that abcessed tooth. Hope you have the strength to get those antibiotics into CJ.;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Was looking over the bill and thought I'd just let you guys know what the vet all did last night.

--Examination
--Cystocentesis/urinalysis - found extremely high protein levels in urine.
--Fecal check - found no parasites or anything
--Giardia ELISA test - negative
--CBC with Profile - blood test that I'm waiting on right now
--Prescribed Probiocin - I believe this is the "good" bacteria to help get rid of the diarrhea
--Metronidazole - mild overall antibiotic to help fight tooth infection and whatever else might be going on

He said the Metronidazole is really nasty tasting, so they put it in little capsules. They said if I were to take it out and crush it and put it in his food he will not eat it because it's really bitter. And if the capsule should break during "insertion" into kitty, he will start foaming at the mouth because it's so nasty tasting. I've already noticed he's a drooler when it comes to medication, so hopefully I can get them all in without the capsule breaking. ;)

slick
01-11-2005, 10:32 AM
{{{HUGS}}}....I've just sent you an email.
slick
xo

lynnestankard
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Hiya CrackerJack

We're a bit worried 'cos your nice new Meowmie says your not feeling too good. Whatcha doin' big lad? You gotta take your medicine now like a big grown up boy - it'll help you get better very quick.
My two brudders Ketchum and Dan both said to tell you - chin up and get lots of loving - but TAKE those medicines for Meowmie and Pawpaw.

Don't want Peanut goin' thinkin' your a wussy boy do you????:eek:

C'mon CJ - we're all rootin' for you

GET WELL SOON.

Luv Bagel and Ketchum and Dan xxxxx

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 11:14 AM
YIPPEEEE!!!! HOOORAAAYYY!!!! If you think you've ever seen anyone do a happy dance before - you ain't seen NOTHIN' until you see how I'm dancing now!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, I just got a call from the vet. He said the blood test came back normal. The protein was a little elevated, but he thinks that is just due to the infected tooth. He said the white blood cell count was just a little off too, but that is probably also because of the infected tooth. Kidney function and liver function are completely normal. CJ has also lost 1 entire pound since the shelter weighed him. I'm assuming they weighed him when he was first brought in, so since Thanksgiving he has lost 1 pound, but this could be because of all the stress of being in the shelter and all, and the infected tooth.

The vet wants me to call him on Thursday to report about the progess on the diarrhea. He said there should be a noticible change. There was no change this morning, but it's a little too soon for that since he first got his antibiotic this morning.

He'll get his tooth out after we get the diarrhea thing under control.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

catlady1945
01-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Good news! Best wishes to Cracker Jack for a speedy recovery.

kimlovescats
01-11-2005, 11:17 AM
*HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE* CONGRATULATIONS, Debbie, oh what a relief!!! :D :D :D

Extra scritchies to sweet Cracker Jack and huggies to mommy and Peanut too!;)

NKBurlington
01-11-2005, 11:25 AM
That's great news! I was so worried for both of you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 11:30 AM
I forgot to add that I know it's the power of PT prayer that pulled CJ through this, and I want to thank you all again for your support - and THANK YOU GOD!!!!

And not to take away from CJ, but I do hope you all remember the other PT kitties that are in need of prayer - Clarice, Ebby and others that don't come to mind right now, and not to mention Sandra and K9Karen. Please divert your PT prayers to them because now that we got the good news, they are in much more dire need of prayers. :(

Corinna
WAHOOO!!!!!!!

Lacey
WAHOO! This is such great news! (Who knew folks would happy dance over an infected tooth?) Once the poopie's under control, that tooth'll come right out and CJ'll be good as new! {{{HUGS}}} :D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Debbie, this great news has made my day!!!!:D :D :D Once again the power of PT prayers have given us another miracle.:)

Logan
01-11-2005, 11:38 AM
This is marvelous news, Debbie, and news that I know Karen and Sandra would rejoice over as well, and will, when they are back online with us! We all needed this good news today, I think!!! :)

Hugs to all of you!!!! :D

K & L
01-11-2005, 11:38 AM
WONDERFUL news!!! I needed some happy news come my way! YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE

kuhio98
01-11-2005, 11:43 AM
:D

RICHARD
01-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
YIPPEEEE!!!! HOOORAAAYYY!!!! If you think you've ever seen anyone do a happy dance before - you ain't seen NOTHIN' until you see how I'm dancing now!!! :D :D :D :D :D

So how does it feel to win the Pet Talk Lottery?:D

Randi
01-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Debbie, I've been sitting here so worried all through this thread - I'm glad I'm came this late for once, so I got the good news. :)

I'm so happy that it's "only" his tooth, I hope the medicine will kick in soon, and that he won't make too much fuss about it! Do try to get that nasty tasting pilll down one piece! ;)

Hugs and scritchies from us.

ramanth
01-11-2005, 11:48 AM
WWOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! :D :D :D

shais_mom
01-11-2005, 11:53 AM
YEAAAA!!!
I am so happy for all of you Debbie!

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-11-2005, 11:56 AM
What great news :) I'm so happy for you and CJ!!! (((HUGS)))

mina'smomma
01-11-2005, 11:57 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!! Does the happy dance with Debbie.

That is AWESOME news. Much relief on this end.:D :D :D

Barbara
01-11-2005, 12:00 PM
When I came home first thing I said to Siegmar was that I have to check on CJ. Now we both are doing a happy dance! :)

Of course he lost weight because eating cannot have been that much fun. Protein and many white cells is what you expect with an infection like that. The antibiotics will get it better and then it's time to take that bad toothsie out.

:)

More hugs for you and the kids. Ok Terry come over I hug you too:)

tomkatzid
01-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Great news. Happy tails here !!!
Katz

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Terry gets so upset over things like this, so I didn't tell him all the bad news last night like I told you guys. So when I called him just now to relay the good news, he was upset about getting a cat with a tooth infection! He loves CJ as much as I do, but he was angry with the shelter for not knowing and taking care of it before we got him.

Then I went on to explain that this was good news. He didn't understand at first, but eventually he got it and now he's happy too - although still angry at the shelter.

He says Crackers is now going to have free run of the house all the time and little Princess Peanut is just going to have to get used to it! I really don't think this will be an issue because she is really getting more comfortable with him. More so every hour it seems. I almost let him out all day today because I couldn't find him before leaving for work. However, we're definitely going to have to play with them in the evenings. Otherwise they both sleep all day and evening, then start waking up when it's time for us to go to bed!

:D :D

wolflady
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Oh thank goodness!! I just found this thread and was getting worried when I first started reading, but alas everything has turned out ok! Yay! :D CJ will be fine in no time, and I'm happy to hear the Peanut might be warming up to him more every day.

warm **hugs**

Prairie Purrs
01-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Excellent news!! :D

jazzzytina
01-11-2005, 12:49 PM
HOORAY FOR CRACKER JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Craftlady
01-11-2005, 12:51 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I just saw this and was reading the first post with tears in my eyes. Well, they are still there but they are happy tears now. Way to go CJ!

Break out the catnip!

jazzcat
01-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah!!!!!!! We just need some music to go with all these Happy Dances!!!!

I just knew it couldn't be anything more!

I'm so happy for you Debbie and Cracker Jack!

Now off to send all these prayers, good vibes and positive thoughts towards our other PTers in need.

catnapper
01-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Putting on my dancing shoes - so I can join you in that happy dance!!!

I am sooo relieved to hear its nothing more than the tooth making a domino effect.

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Finally...an advantage to living in California....by the time I knew Cracker Jack was sick....he had been diagnosed and we are all doing happy dances!!!

Vermontcat
01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Great news!:)
Now can you please go take some photos of CJ and Peanut for us.;)

Kirsten
01-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh Debbie, I felt so bad for you and CJ after I read your first post - but now I'm happy for you!!!!

That's wonderful news!! What a relief!! :)

Kirsten

lbaker
01-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Happy dance, happy song and happy face of course. But I think I will still keep my special prayer candle going until infection is gone, pills are finished (with all of Debbies fingers intact :rolleyes: ) and the safe, sucessful extraction of the nasty old hateful bad tooth. That dear boy has been through a lot and a few lingering crossed paws, tails, feathers and hands won't hurt a thing.

Grace
01-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I am so relieved and happy for all of you. Kisses and hugs all around.

Catsnclay
01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
This is WONDERFUL news! This poor kitty has really been thorugh a lot, I'm glad you & Terry have found him and are giving him a great home and lots of love.

How is Peanut adapting to CJ now??

smokey the elder
01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Yippee! Now, CJ, you have to put up with the nasty meds so you'll feel better.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Thank you so much everybody. :D I went and had a good "trauma" lunch* and am feeling pretty good right now - ready to take on CJ and give him his meds! Too bad he's home and I'm here at work.:rolleyes:

*trauma lunch - derives from trauma burger - originally conceived because whenever Terry has trauma he needs to go have a good ol' cheeseburger. Variants: trauma pizza, trauma dinner, trauma beef. Any meal that consists of food that is the furthest thing from healthy you can find. AKA comfort food. ;) MMmmmmmmm..... :D :D

kimlovescats
01-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Hmmm, I knew my life was day to day "trauma"!!! LOL!!! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Glad you are relieved and ready to medicate CJ! Good luck, Debbie!:)

moosmom
01-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Debbie,

WOOHOO!!!!! Glad to hear everything is fine with CJ. Good luck medicating him! I'm glad everything turned out for the best.

Cataholic
01-11-2005, 02:47 PM
From WHAT? To OH NO! To THANK GOD! Sometimes I swear I am better off not being on here all the time. Living true to his name- Cracker Jack, with a surprise inside!!!!

runs off to find announcement thread of CJ......

jenluckenbach
01-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Did everyone around the world just hear my cry of victory and sigh of relief???? :D:D

I could not be happier that Cracker Jack should be with us for a very long time.

Debbie, stop scaring us like this ;)

sasvermont
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
I am so happy that CJ has just a dental problem. Some cats are prone to dental problems and I guess CJ is one of them.

I hope things settle down and that you have an easy (!) time at pilling.

I am just so, so pleased that things are working out for the little guy. Peanut will have to get with the program and be a little friendlier from now on.

popcornbird
01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Yippee!!!!!!! I'm SO glad to hear this wonderful news! Hugs to you and CJ.

lovemyshiba
01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm so happy that CJ only has a dental problem!!!!!!!!

I think he has a very special angel kitty watching over him:)

rg_girlca
01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
http://www.gifpix.de/smilies/1/huepf.gifhttp://www.gifpix.de/smilies/1/klatsch.gif
I just finished reading through the whole thread. Talk about an emotional roller coaster ride. First disbelief, then tears, then angry that this should happen, more tears and then doing the Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy dance along with everyone else and then more tears, but happy ones.

What a relief!!!!!! :D

CJ, please take your medication like a good boy so that you can get well enough to have that nasty tooth taken care of.

Kisses to you sweet boy and (((((HUGS))))) for you Debbie & Terry.

CalliesMom
01-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh, my. I am SSSOOOOOO HAPPY I almost started crying at work. WHEW! CJ you had us scared for a bit. I love you little man.

anna_66
01-11-2005, 04:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/rainbowdance.gifGREAT NEWS!!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-11-2005, 04:49 PM
:D :D

WOW... I just went through about every possible emotion catchin up on this thread....

BUT i am sooooo glad Mr. Craker Jak is o.k....

HUGS for all you guys..:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks again everybody. I just got a call from Terry and was told we're running out of soft treats and I better pick some up on my way home! I could hear Crackers in the background begging, so I know he's feeling ok. :D

We have the Aquari-yums treats - both hard and soft versions, and Terry didn't want to give him the hard ones because of his tooth. Awww.....he's such a softie. ;) :D And he said Peanut growled at Jack when he went by, but didn't hiss. Progress?

slick
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm crying happy tears here Debbie. I think the bar should serve trauma lunches to everyone tomorrow. :)

{{{HUGS}}}and how about posting some more pictures of that handsome boy.;)

BigB_Kittys
01-11-2005, 05:01 PM
That's great news :D . Glad to hear Cracker Jack is feeling better.

Brian,

Ontario, Canada

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by slick
I'm crying happy tears here Debbie. I think the bar should serve trauma lunches to everyone tomorrow. :)

{{{HUGS}}}and how about posting some more pictures of that handsome boy.;)

Will try to accomodate, Slick, but once again I frittered away the day on PT, so now I have school work I need to do tonight. One of these days things will get back to normal so I can concentrate and get some work done around here. :rolleyes:

RedHedd
01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I've been so busy at work, but I have been thinking of you and CJ all day long and now I finally have a few minutes to check and - voila! CJ is going to be okay! WHOOPEE! Doing the happy dance here too!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-048.gif

Shady
01-11-2005, 05:29 PM
I have nothing to say.

Except..

WOOHOO!!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/grouphug.gif

ChrisH
01-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes!! That is such good news! :D :D :D

Sending kisses for the Boy, and the Princess too!

iloverat
01-11-2005, 05:35 PM
So how do you spell relief? ABSCESSED TOOTH!!!!!!

YAHOOOOOO!!!

Now take your meds like a good kitty, Mr. CJ and get all better, soon!!!

NoahsMommy
01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Debbie,

I'm sooo happy for you all. :)

EXCELLENT news!!! Best I've heard all day!!

Love, Kelly

:D :D :D

Karen
01-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Whew!

Hey CJ - I had an abcessed tooth one (when I was a kid) and it's no fun at all. I feel your pain, but do let Momma-Deb give you the medicine, okay? Gotta fight this ickiness so she won't (have to) be such a worrywort! :)

Poo
01-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Hi Debbie

Great news!!!! Hope the little man is feeling better soon.

koxka
01-12-2005, 04:04 AM
WOW... I just went through about every possible emotion catchin up on this thread...

LOL, me too...

Never though I would be happy for one infected tooth! :D

catcrazylady
01-12-2005, 05:45 AM
I read this yesterday and I must have been asked twenty times by coworkers what in the heck I was grinning about.:D I guess I kept that happy smile on my face for some time!
I'm so so so so so so Happy with the news!:D :D :D :D

Hang on CJ you are gonna feel lots better real soon!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks so much everybody. I'm still grinning too. :D

I stopped at the shelter last night and told her my concerns. She is going to have the director call me today. Terry insists I get the adoption fee back. I would prefer that they keep it because they need it, so I really don't know what I'm looking for from them. I guess I just want them to know about it so maybe they can watch a little closer next time so this doesn't happen to someone else who might not be so willing to work with the new adoptee.

CJ now hates me and avoids me like the plague - ok, so it's not quite that bad, but he does avoid me because he thinks everytime I look at him I'm going to try and shove another pill down his throat or give him some other yucky medicine. The one medicine must not smell that good because he gets all squinty eyed when I put it on his paw (easier than down the throat, and then he licks it off the paw). So now, everytime I talk to him and he looks at me, he does the squinty eye thing. Eeewww, that nasty lady is talking to me again. <squint, squint, squint> ;) :( :rolleyes: :D

He was out all night last night with no squabbles. Peanut now only hisses if he comes too close. They touched noses this morning - then she hissed. But it has really gotten to the point where he does his thing and doesn't seek her out and she does her thing and doesn't seek him out, so the only time there's hissing is if their paths just happen to cross.

Things are going well. :D Now, if we could just get Terry to relax.....:rolleyes:

christa
01-12-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm so happy for you and for CJ!!! I haven't been online for awhile, so I was super excited to read CJ's good news!

The power of prayer . . . always amazes me, but never surprises me :)

Hang in there CJ!

Barbara
01-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Of course the pilling stage came very early in your relationship- he did not have enough cuddling on the couch before you started that nasty job.

But once the tooth is gone and all is over, you can start all over again and he'll know he has the best meowmie ever:)

Killearn Kitties
01-12-2005, 10:00 AM
:D I'm so happy that CJ "only" has an abcessed tooth! I feel for him though! I had a school photo taken when I was five years old, just a few hours before it was realised that I had an abcess in my ear - you should see the face on me!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for his speedy recovery.

moosmom
01-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Debbie,

That's WONDERFUL news!!! I'm so glad it's only a tooth problem. Get some sleep, will ya?? ;)

Doing the happy dance!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/fatguy1.JPG

QueenScoopalot
01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm so glad to hear Cracker Jack 'only' has an abcessed tooth! Better than all the other scenarios. ;) Get on your chain mail suit, and good luck doing meds. Just a thought, but when you adopted C.J. he was on Petfinder, and many shelters are signing up with this program offered by Petfinder. Not sure if it's something that has to be filled out during adoption paperwork or not, but it's worth looking into maybe? http://www.sheltercare.com :confused:

RICHARD
01-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Things are going well. :D Now, if we could just get Terry to relax.....:rolleyes:

Don't worry, Terry will stop hissing as time goes on!

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks so much, Jan! I had completely forgotten about this! I just went to activate it and it becomes effective 10 days after you adopt the pet, so it's not effective until 1/14/05 so I'm not sure what, if anything will be covered, but at least I can try.

It's really not the cost of all this has me bothered, but if I can recoup some of the costs, I'm cool with that. :cool: It's more the mental anguish, the pain and suffering. I was expecting a healthy loving boy kitty. I got the loving part, but the healthy part leaves a little to be desired, and after losing Tubby so recently, the last thing I need right now is a sick kitty.

But anyway, now I know it's nothing too serious and he will be a healthy loving boy. It'll just take a few weeks longer than I expected. :)

QueenScoopalot
01-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Deb, I didn't read up on it when I posted the link, but it states it must be activated within 10 days of the adoption. It's been longer hasn't it? Still may be worth looking into to see if you can get back some of what you've spent already. ;)

captain
01-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I missed the entire thread, so I too went from OH NO to WHAT to Prayer to Yahooooooooooooooo.

Hugs to you Debbie, and the fur-kids

Maybe if you take Terry to the Thursday bar he can order a "trauma drink"? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Deb, I didn't read up on it when I posted the link, but it states it must be activated within 10 days of the adoption. It's been longer hasn't it? Still may be worth looking into to see if you can get back some of what you've spent already. ;)

Jan, it's 8 days today, so I'm still within the 10 days. The confirmation I got says it is effective starting 1/14/05, which is 10 days after the adoption day of 1/4/05. I guess they figure if anything happens within those 10 days, it's the shelter's responsibility. I didn't have a chance to read anymore just then, but I'll be looking more into it as I get time. It may not cover the bills I've already gotten, but it should cover the tooth extraction because that will definitely happen after the activation date of 1/14/05. Thanks again for the thought and reminder. :)

lynnestankard
01-13-2005, 07:24 AM
WOW!! {{{{{{Great news Debbie}}}}}}.:D :D

I'm Happy Dancing like a maniac here - just sooooo relieved that it's 'only' (ouch!!) an infected tooth - poor lad xxxxx Tell him I've had an abscessed tooth and once the anti biotics get to work he'll be feeling much better - and once the tooths out - bingo!! He'll be fine.

Lynne

Vio&Juni
01-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Uhhh, just saw this thread. Started reading and when I realized it has 5 pages, I just went to the end to see the last update. I was SO worried. Now, I can go back and read the whole story.

Deb, I'm glad it's only a tooth problem.