PDA

View Full Version : Another Pet Talk friend needs prayers

Logan
01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Karen Israel (K9Karen) underwent a serious surgery today to try and repair some damage in her neck. I have not heard from her friend, yet, as to how the surgery went, but it was scheduled for 12:30 today. She will be hospitalized for a few days, and then home recovering for a while. Her mother is being well cared for at a nursing facility while Karen is in the hospital, then home recovering and she is doing well according to an email I got from Karen early this morning.

Please keep Karen and her mom in your thoughts and prayers, and of course, KLO (Logan...my namesake) too! :) If anyone would like to send Karen a card, please just send me an email or a PM and I will gladly get her address to you.

So many close friends needing our strength and prayers, tonight. I'm so glad that all of you are here for them. :) This is an amazing group and I never cease to be amazed at the outpouring of love of concern from each and every one of you.

Logan

luvofallhorses
01-10-2005, 05:55 PM
prayers being sent her way that everything goes well {{{get well kisses from the furkids}}}

NoahsMommy
01-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks for passing that along, Logan.

I'll keep Karen in my prayers.

popcornbird
01-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know Logan. Prayers and well wishes being sent for Karen's speedy recovery.

robinh
01-10-2005, 06:21 PM
I hope she'll be OK and back to us soon.

lovemyshiba
01-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Poor Karen:(

I'll be keeping her in my prayers until I hear she is 100% better.
I'm glad that her mom is being cared for while she is in the hospital.
If you speak with her Logan, tell her how much we love her, and that we're all thinking positive thoughts for her.

KYS
01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Sending many good thoughts for Karen to have a quick
and safe recovery.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Lots of prayers on their way from me and tons of kitty kisses from the 4 cat kids. (they hope you don't mind!)

Rachel
01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Karen, by the time you read this, the worst (the surgery) will be over. A pox on all that anxiety that you had to endure. Now for the best part and that is for some relief from your pain which will come with your recovery.

catnapper
01-10-2005, 06:58 PM
I had no idea she needed such a serious procedure! I hope all is well.

flamepony12
01-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Prayers on the way!! :( (((((HUGS)))))

Miss Meow
01-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Positive thoughts on the way.

Karen, I hope you have a successful surgery and a quick recovery so we can hear from you again. {{{hugs}}}

lizbud
01-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Prayers will certainly be on the way Karen.:) I hope your
recovery is swift & uneventful & you are feeling 100% better
in no time. I'm also glad your Mom is getting the care that she needs as well. Take care and do let us know when you are up
and around again. Love & hugs from Liz and the Furkids.

Karen
01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Prayers are on the way for "other Karen!" Poor girl, so much stress in her life and now this! Yowch!

Tina
01-10-2005, 07:20 PM
She will be in my thoughts and prayers!

petslover
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Prayers in Progess that she has a quick recovery.

wolf_Q
01-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Prayers on the way for Karen! I hope she will be feeling better soon.

anna_66
01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks for letting us all know this Logan.

Karen, I hope all is going well with you and you are back to normal in no time. Take care and you will be in my thoughts and prayers as you recover.

rizzy
01-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I'll keep Karen and her mom in my prayers. I hope everything turns out good and all is well.

Tonya
01-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I will pray for a speedy recovery for Karen.

slick
01-10-2005, 09:31 PM
OMG, what's happening around here? Is it the planets or something? This is just so sad. :( :(

Logan, please let Karen know that I'm praying for her and I'll light a candle for a speedy recovery.

If any of you still have the 2003 Christmas Card exchange list, her address is listed there. I'll be sending her a card tomorrow.

K9soul
01-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Karen, you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tommy and Tasha send gentle kisses and wags as well. I hope you're feeling better soon Karen.

shais_mom
01-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Prayers and healing thoughts for you Karen.

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to you Karen and to your mom as well. Please get well soon and take care.

Cinder & Smoke
01-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Hi God ~

Sorrie we're late gettin here on this wun...

Wunna our Hoomin Buddies - Miz K9Karen wuz inna hoppsbittle
fur sum Sir Jury tuday...

Oh, THANKS fur bein in there wiff her, God!!
Meanz a lot when You kan be there ta Help!

Oh, datz Wunnerful!! ~
Angel Cody Dawg is ober onna Bridge rite now ~
Holdin a Kandil Vigil fur her Mom wiff allua BridgePups.
Miz Karen will be reel Pleezed ta hear dat.

Logan Dawggie wantz her Mom ta knowe she *misses* Mom a LOT -
an hopes Mom will be back home feelin GUD reel quick!

An Logan is wurried bout GranMom, too! :(
Kan You <drop in> atta Ole Folkz Howze an gib GranMom a
Huge Big {{{GodsHUG}}}, a *Slurppie* frum Logan,
anna Big **KISS** frum Karen?

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

mei
01-11-2005, 01:54 AM
You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you're feeling better soon Karen

Barbara
01-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Karen I am sending my most positive thoughts and hope for a speedy recovery:)

jenluckenbach
01-11-2005, 04:49 AM
MANY prayers for Karen (a very sweet lady). Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

Cincy'sMom
01-11-2005, 05:37 AM
Our thoughts and prayers going our to Karen. Hope the surgery went well and the receovery will be speedy.

Logan
01-11-2005, 07:19 AM
I had a great report from John, Karen's friend, on my cell phone voice mail this morning, letting me know that Karen came through her surgery just fine. He said that she is settled in her room and was lucid and alert last night. She told him that she already can tell a difference! Isn't that remarkable? :) She has pain, obviously, as a result of the incision in her throat (they do this surgery from the front, not the back, of the neck) and in her hip, where they removed bone to graft into her neck, but that is to be expected.

I know she appreciates all of your prayers so much. I'll keep you posted, as I know Rachel and Pam will, as we hear more.

Logan

ramanth
01-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh Karen, I'm so glad your surgery went well!

I hope your recovery is quick. You'll be in my thoughts. *HUGS*

anna_66
01-11-2005, 08:38 AM
:D Thanks for the update Logan! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well!

Albea
01-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the good news about Karen's surgery, Logan.
Good, healing thoughts going her way, with best wishes for a quick recovery.
I have her address, she'll find a card by the time she gets home.

Fett
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Prayers being sent your way for a swift recovery time! :)

lynnestankard
01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Dear {{{Karen}}}} keeping you im my thoughts and prayers - hoping you make a good recovery and feel better real soon.

Lynne

Logan
01-11-2005, 11:23 AM
She called me a little while ago from the hospital! What a surprise to hear her sounding so clear and good. She has pain, as I said, earlier, but NO BACK PAIN!!!! :D I'm just delighted that things appear to be so much better, already! She said to tell you all thank you so much for your prayers.

Logan

gini
01-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Karen, you have my prayers for a very speedy recovery.

It sounds as though the surgery was a complete success and soon the pain will only be a dim memory.

I pray that this is so.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Wonderful news!

Now Karen, you get well as fast as you can and get back here to Pet Talk where you belong! No more being sick, ok? ;)

cookieluver7
01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Karen,

Glad everything is doing better for you. You are very missed here and I'm glad to know you are doing well. {{Hugs}}

jenluckenbach
01-11-2005, 05:11 PM
I love good news....Keep it coming, Karen! {{{HUGS}}}

Thanks for the reports, Logan :D:D

dukedogsmom
01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I just now saw this! Karen, I'm glad you made it through surgery alright. I know you'll be glad to have no more back pain. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I am so glad she is doing so well so quickly...
that is great news..
Hope she gets well soon.:)

Rachel
01-11-2005, 06:12 PM
I talked with Karen this afternoon. She did have some discomfort from the incisions and various tubes but commented again about the lack of pain from her neck. It is very encouraging to know that this surgery seems to have been successful. There is still a long road to recovery but I personally want to send up prayers of gratitude for a safe and successful procedure for our dear friend.

ChrisH
01-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Karen, I've only just seen this and am sorry to be late in adding my prayers and positive thoughts to the many that are being sent out for you. Hope you have a speedy and good recovery.

{{Big Hugs}}
Chris

Logan
01-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Talked with Karen tonight, and she is home! :D Her hip is hurting where they removed part of the bone, but her neck is pain free!!! :) She's ecstatic. She will try to check in soon.

Logan

K9karen
01-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Surprise!
John has set me up at his computer, rasied on a box and I'm sitting on tons of pillows. i can't look down with the neck brace so my spelling and typing is off, cause i can only use my eyelids and no contacts. Such dilemnas! LOL!
Thank you all for your prayers! I felt all of them and they helped so much, cause here I am at home. They sure don't waste any time. I told the doctor that being in the hospital was a mini vacation!
I had a drainage tube in my throat which is sore and my left hip is a torture, but I'm walking with a cane and the movement is good to do..keeps the blood flowing. And the pain I experienced for years down my back and arms is GONE..knock on wood!
John and my brother Rich said my mom is doing good. I think this repite is making her more determined to do better so she can come home to me. In fact, she didn't feel like tlking to me today! Humpf! She was chowing down and said her care has been excellent becuase the staff knows I'm watching from afar!
Poor Klo is so confused, yet totally understands. She's gingerly standing next to me to be petted. Thank God she loves John so she's in good hands. i can't wait to play with her again. My angel.
I'm already bored, bored bored! I'm ready to Rock and Roll!
Thanks, Logan, Pam and Rachel for being here for me as always...
Time for a pain killer...I'll try to email tomorrow.....

Love you all to pieces....
Karen

momoffuzzyfaces
01-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Gosh, it's good to see you back on PT!
Welcome home!:D

captain
01-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Goodness,
A few days after a serious operation and here you are, typing and yakking already ............:D

So glad to hear you are not in pain anymore. {{{hugs}}} for a speedy recovery ...

slick
01-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Karen, it's so good to hear you again and I'm sure glad the sir jury went well. I can't believe how soon the hospitals kick you out now-a-days. I know someone that had a quad-heart bypass and he was home and walking in 3 days.

Take care of yourself and post when you can.

{{{HUGS}}}
slick
xo

krazyaboutkatz
01-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Karen, I'm glad that you're at home now and doing well and already back on PT too.:) I hope you recovery quickly and that your surgery was a success so you'll never experience the terrible pain again. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

gini
01-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Karen - very gentle hugs to you. No more neck pain! Wow!

It was just great getting this excellent news. Now relax, rest and you will be up and about in no time.

NoahsMommy
01-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Glad its all over and you're back with us. What a nice hubby to help you back online.

Keep on healing. :)

Take care,
Kelly

Killearn Kitties
01-13-2005, 04:11 AM
I'm so glad to see you back after such major surgery - and posting already! :D You don't hang about, do you?

I had no idea that you were in constant pain, but I hope and pray that the surgery continues to be successful in relieving it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

jenluckenbach
01-13-2005, 04:20 AM
Karen, So wonderful to see you posting. By the sounds of it, you will be turning cart-wheels in less than a week. ;) :D

lynnestankard
01-13-2005, 06:41 AM
WOW Karen - up and posting already!! Good for you.
Hope this amazing recovery continues :D
Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest - I'm so pleased that apart from the sore hip you're not in pain - that must feel so good to you.

{{{Hugs}}} across the miles

Lynne

Karen
01-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Wheee back typing already! So glad the surgery seems to have been a success! It is good that you have your canine "nurse" for comfort, too. Sweet K9Logan knows momma's not up to romping right now, so petting is enough. Good girl Klo! Karen, follow the doctors orders and everything, and we're so glad you were able to report in already!!!! :) :) :)

anna_66
01-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Wow! That was quick. I can't believe that your already home...and at PT non the less! You must be feeling
pretty good;)

I'm glad all went well and your at home now with your
little K-9 nurse:D

Albea
01-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Karen, great to know you are home and in your way to full recovery.
KLo understands you can't play with her right now and she's just happy to have you pet her.:) I'm sure she never leaves you alone for very long.
Take care of yourself and don't try to do more than you should.
Hugs to you and your girl.

dukedogsmom
01-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm so glad you're doing well and that your mom is doing a little better, too. Tell Klo to be a good doggie nurse and take care of you. I'm glad you're free of that pain now. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have to live with it for years.