PDA

View Full Version : Dog in the rain.

RICHARD
01-10-2005, 12:44 PM
As I pulled into the parking lot of the supermarket this morning I saw a woman who had tied her dog up to a fence, in the rain, while she got herself a cup of coffee at the local java house..

She was in the process of untying the dog.

The dog was wet and his tail was in the 'I'm wet and miserable out here' position.

I wanted to scream at the stupid wench but I was really mentally tired and didn't want to cause a scene....my 25 minute drive to work had just taken me and extra hour and I was cranky....

What should I have done?

:confused:

cfuh
01-10-2005, 02:20 PM
if i wouldn't be thrown in jail, i would have taken the collar/leash off her dog and put it around her and tied her to the fence. AND taken the umbrella for the doggie. :mad: :mad:

the poor doggie!! :(

i don't know what you would have done otherwise. sorry!

cubby31682
01-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Mine isn't going to be the best answer but what the heck. I would have taken the collar off the dog and left it on the ground. That way she could come out and look for her dog that she left outside in the cold and rain. :mad: :mad:

Twisterdog
01-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, I'm not sure about this.

I personally love to take walks in the rain myself, and I usually take a dog with me. We're both totally wet by the time we get home. So? We dry. And it's fun.

I guess it depends on how cold it was and how long she was in there. If she leaves the dog outside, tied to a fence, while it is 35 degrees for an hour ... yeah, I'd be ticked off. But if she runs in for five minutes, grabs a cup of coffee, and continues her walk with her dog ... so what?

moosmom
01-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Cfuh,

I would've done the same thing. ;) Only I would've given her a nice lecture about the proper treatment of pets while holding the umbrella over the poor doog.

Stupid irresponsible pet owners!! :mad: :mad:

Pit Chick
01-11-2005, 08:58 AM
I would have untied the dog and sat in my car with it while she came out panicing about where her dog was. Then I would lecture her about how dangerous it is to leave a dog tied out unattended because as simple as it was for me to walk away with her dog, someone with worse intentions could have done the same thing. Why take your dog somewhere they aren't allowed?

I can't stand it when idiots here in Texas think it's ok to leave their dog in a closed car that isn't running while they go shopping in Wal-Mart in the middle of summer where the outside temp is 100 and the temp in the car is 120+ within 2 minutes. :mad:

lizbud
01-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Well, I'm not sure about this.

I personally love to take walks in the rain myself, and I usually take a dog with me. We're both totally wet by the time we get home. So? We dry. And it's fun.

I guess it depends on how cold it was and how long she was in there. If she leaves the dog outside, tied to a fence, while it is 35 degrees for an hour ... yeah, I'd be ticked off. But if she runs in for five minutes, grabs a cup of coffee, and continues her walk with her dog ... so what?

I agree with this comment.:) Those who would un-collar the
dog should know better than that.:mad:

If this really bothered you I would say something to the woman
and the cafe management about allowing dogs to accompany
patrons inside during bad weather. That seems a bit more
constructive than outright critical remarks.

Pit Chick
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
No matter the weather, it's still not safe to leave a dog unattended outside of a store alone. It would be the same if it was a child. Anyone walking by could take the dog (or child). If you are taking your dog for a walk or a drive and you know you have to go into places that don't allow dogs, then leave the dog at home or run errands later without the dog. Unleashing the dog may not be the nicest approach, but you can't always be nice to people or try to tell them the proper way to take care of their dog cause they don't want to hear it. Unfortunately it takes something tragic happening before people "get it". So better to teach them a lesson with no harm done then to see the animal get hurt for real.

Some dogs may like rain, but it doesn't sound like this dog was having a good time.