PDA

View Full Version : Strauss settles in - our first weekend together

catland
01-10-2005, 10:49 AM
For those who missed the thread last Friday - I have a new kitty at home. The circumstances are very sad - his human daddy died last week (suicide).

He's starting to settle in - he doesn't hiss at us anymore when we go into his room. He's actually becoming quite friendly towards us and allows us to pet him and give him attention and even pick him up. He's eating and I'd say by the results in his litter box that his kidneys are functioning properly.;)

I've allowed him to explore more of the house (without my other three present) and he seems to like that. He's bored in his room and will howl under the door.

Now is the hard part - waiting for that moment when I introduce him to the rest of the gang so I have a question.

Is it best to introduce him to one cat at a time? If so, who should go first? The dominant one? The quiet, submissive one? The oldest one?

Anyway, sorry no pics yet - I'll try to work on that.

thanks everyone.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm glad to hear things are going well! :D

I would think that introducing him to one cat at a time would be less stressful for him. Less of the "They're ganging up on me" feeling. I would pick the most easy going of your group, the one least likely to put up a fuss, and introduce them first. That way if they hit it off, the others will see that he's not a threat to that kitty and may accept him sooner.

Good luck with the introductions - let the fun begin! ;) :rolleyes: :D

ramanth
01-10-2005, 11:02 AM
I concur with Debbie's suggestion.

Congrats on your new addition. :)

catmandu
01-11-2005, 08:58 AM
That is good,that Strauss,is settling,in,and was not traumatized,by the Horrible passing,of his Guardain,and bless you,for taking him in.