PDA

View Full Version : My hubby is leaving to work in Las Vegas!

pitc9
01-10-2005, 09:19 AM
He is an Union electrician, and has been laid off since the end of November. He had traveled all around our area, Ohio, PA, New York... etc. No union contractors have work, so he and a buddy started looking in Las Vegas (they heard there was lots of work out there) so they went out last week, signed up for work, and came back Friday the 7th at 6am and are packing up their tools, and everything else, and are driving out Wednesday am. The drive is 36 hours!!:eek: :eek:
Depending on the weather, they plan on getting to Vegas sometime Saturday the 15th. They will look for an apartment to live in, then go out to work in Monday!
We've been together for 10 1/2 years, we got married in Oct of 2001, and our marriage has be rocky for the past year or so. So I think this time apart is going to be great for both of us! At first I was excited about him leaving, thinking about all of the time I'm going to have to myself, but then yesterday it sank in... this is going to be the first time in 10 1/2 years that we've been apart (maybe that's why we fight so much :p )
So... I have mixed feeling about it, but I feel in the long run it's going to be a great thing for us!!

So, looks like I'll be on Pet Talk ALL the time now!!! LOL!
I'll need you all to keep me company!

Tonya
01-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Wow! Congratulations on his job! I bet this absence will help your marriage out. Sometimes people don't appreciate what they have until they miss it.

catnapper
01-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Scary, but exciting too. Sometimes people do need time apart. My cousin broke up with his true love because she didn't want to do EVERYTHING with him. She wanted to have her own friends and felt he should have his. I think her line of thinking is better, because they are still their own person with their own hobbies and interests. They can have the freedom to "play" with their friends but come home every night to each other. Too much togetherness can be stiffling after a while. My brother and his wife used to be what I call a "super couple" who do everything together. Well, she's pregnant (due any day now) with their second child and finally learning that you need time away from each other. Mom said she keeps showing up at her house just so she can get out of her own house and away from my brother! :D

So after all that rambling, I think that time away will be good for you. It'll help you both "find yourselves" and remember what it was in each other you love.

PJ's Mom
01-10-2005, 10:22 AM
My husband did the same thing a year or so ago. He came to Austin to work for about 9 months while we stayed in Arlington. He came home every week or two. Like you, we didn't get along too well when he left.

It was absolute heaven for me! I loved having the time alone (as alone as I could be with 4 kids) I found, however, that moving back in with him was very difficult. :( I really miss the "old days".

shais_mom
01-10-2005, 12:08 PM
GOOD LUCK Angie and Hubby!
I will keep him in my prayers for traveling all that way!!!

anna_66
01-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Wow! Sounds like this is something you need and want. I really hope it help you out.
We'll definately be here to keep you company;)

ramanth
01-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Good luck to him on his job!

pitc9
01-12-2005, 08:13 AM
He's gone now... he left this morning at 8am.
It's been a lot harder than I though it was going to be.

He put the pups away in the bedroom, and gave them a treat, sat on the bed with them, and when he came out, he was bawling. I know he was crying because he's leaving and is going to miss everyone here, but I tried to make him laugh and said "I didn't think you would miss the dogs that much!"

So.... he's on the road now... and will be checking in with me everyday. They should be in Vegas by Saturday.