PDA

View Full Version : I know...

Jods
01-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I know theres a couple posts about cameras, but I wanted to post my own because I am very picky....
Right now I have the hp photosmart 435 and I like it, but I want a camera that takes really crisp, clear pictures. I also do not care about the video part cuz I have no clue how to post videos anyways. ( I tried and gave up) Whenver I take a pic the cats/dogs have red eye and it looks like crap. Now I have a red eye button, but when you push it there still is a red eye. Another thing is when I take pics of Pixie my cat her mask on her face turns our brown if you were all to see her in real life her mask is actually really dark almost black and I hate that it comes out brownish. I have been researching a lot and have decided to ask you guys. I know what you all have cuz I have also reasearched that, I'm leaning towards the Canon Powershot A85 right now, but the thing is I dunno how the pics turn out. When you guys take pics is the reason there is no red eye because you don't use a flash?? I read a review on line of a man that bought the cam and he said the pics are grainy and he's selling it... So then I was leaning towards a Fuji Finepix.... I am so stumped I want the best for my money and I'm so picky with what I want and I know if I go to the shop to ask they will just try to sell my anything. I'm willing to spend around $300-399 not including tax I want a really good cam... My brother just got a Canon A75 so I would want a better one then that :p and plus I dunno how good the pics are cuz hes a jerk and won't let me try it or see the pics :rolleyes:.... HELP PLEASE!!:( :( :(
Stumped and flustered in Canada LOL

shutterbug0303
01-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Don't buy a fuji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I just got one in may for 700...and I've already replaced it. The quality was good but the shutter speed is soooo slow!!! It is impossible to catch photos of the pets when it is so slow. I'm in the process of researching for my friend though, so I'll let you know. I love anything Nikon! They make great cameras. I also found that the Olympus cameras are pretty good too. The red-eye thing has a lot to do with the red-eye set-up the camera has, and also the dog. Chloe and Sahara do great, but Venus' eyes are always glowing, no matter what. The best thing to do is go to an actual camera store and check their return policy...take it home and try it out, then exchange if it isn't quite right for you. :D Best of luck, and I'll let you know if I find anything else helpful

Jods
01-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I will look into Nikons... Hey shutterbug what do you think about cannons?? I heard they were great?? How about the cam you just bought are you pleased with it is so what is the price and all that info on it? I will check into olympus as well I also wanted a cam with an actual lens and not the digital lens...

Karen
01-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I have a Canon Powershot s50 and I love it. Good, clear pictures (when I do it right, sometimes I'm too fidgity so they're blurry, but that's true of any camera!), the red-eye feature works when I remember to use it, and when I don;t, I just fix it afterwards in Photoshop.

shutterbug0303
01-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Jods
I will look into Nikons... Hey shutterbug what do you think about cannons?? I heard they were great?? How about the cam you just bought are you pleased with it is so what is the price and all that info on it? I will check into olympus as well I also wanted a cam with an actual lens and not the digital lens...

I have heard tons of good things about Canons! I've never actually used one, but have seen some pics, and they look great. If you're looking for an actual SLR in the digital variety, then I would def recommend my Nikon D70. With the rebates, I left the store for about $1,300.00, but that will be my last one...period! lol

here is a link to Nikon's website....Nikon D70 (http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25214) You can check and read up on info here, but the best thing to do is go test one. If you've used other SLR's before, then you'll love it for sure. If not, you'll still love it! :D But there are a LOT of buttons! hehe It is very user friendly though...trust me!

Jods
01-10-2005, 12:12 PM
okay thanks. I think I may go with a canon though since I'm not that advanced yet hehehe lol That will definatly be a camera for my future lol... So at last I've narrowed it down to a nikon or a canon. I'm gonna go to Future shop either this weekend or the next... :) Do you know of any good Nikons 500$ and under thats all I really should spend. :D

Logan
01-10-2005, 01:25 PM
I think KayAnn uses a Canon, and her pictures are always wonderful. You definitely might want to check with her and see what she is using. I have a Canon, but my pictures lack the crisp, clear features that you are talking about. Mine is a PowerShot A310, a much less expensive model (I think). I will be very embarassed if it turns out that KayAnn is using the same camera. That will definitely prove that she has 100% better photography skills (and better behaved subjects) than I do! :o

My husband has an Olympus, with a 10x optical zoom. It is a much more advanced digital camera than mine and takes terrific pictures. He and I were pricing that model, recently, at Comp USA and it is a little less than $400. He bought his on e-bay several years ago and paid around $450 for it, used, I think.

There are just so many to choose from! We'll look forward to seeing your pictures, regardless of your choice.

Logan

Uabassoon
01-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I have a canon powershot A80 and love it.

wolfsoul
01-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I have a Canon Powershot A95, and it's great. :) Canons are pretty straight-forward and easy to use.

Jods
01-14-2005, 11:20 AM
okay, wish me luck I'm off to buy one.:)

manda_moo87
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Good luck!

I have a Kodak EasyShare CX7525 (5.0 MP) and I have been pleased with it so far. I've only had it since Boxing Day. :)

Jods
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Okay I'm back and....

I bought....

A Canon A95 it is sooooo cool!!

Here's a picture of it

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/images/d_eos/a95_586x225.jpg

and here's its write up.
.Exquisite, Highly Advanced 5.0 Megapixel Camera with 3x Optical/4.1x Digital/ 12x Combined Zoom
New Larger 1.8" Vari-Angle LCD Monitor for Easier Preview and Review
Exclusive Canon DiG!C Image Processor and iSAPS Technology for Superior Image Quality and Faster Processing Speed
9-point AiAF plus FlexiZone AF for Off-Center Subjects
Print/Share Button plus ID Photo Print and Movie Print; Direct Print and PictBridge Support
14 Shooting Modes including Special Scene Modes for Spectacular Shots in Special Situations
Direct Print Compatibility