PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances Rachel will have kittens?

cubby31682
01-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Rachel came to me as an indoor/outdoor cat, that isn't fixed. She has had 3 litters of kittens which is why she only looks like she is 6 months old. Now what are my chances that she is going to have another litter? I know it is still too early to tell yet. I don't want to take her in to get her fixed and have them tell me she's pregnet. I wont be able to get her fixed then. Just for my own peice of mind. Should I wait a few weeks before getting her in to see if she blimps out, or should I take her in and and find out? I wouldn't mind having a litter of kittens for 8 - 12 weeks, but I don't want her to go through that again. I am working so hard to teach people how important it is to get their animals fixed that I feel like I will be going agaisnt everything I believe in by letting her have kittens. I just can't justify aborting babies either.

Please some one talk some sense in to me.

Katie

jazzcat
01-09-2005, 07:30 PM
They can spay her if she is pregnant - early along. My poor Scout was rescued from abuse and was pregnant but it was ended by being spayed at the shelter. It's very sad to think about but I think more unwanted babies being born is even sadder, especially when you know what can happen to them. This all happened to her before I adopted her so I didn't have to make the tough decisions.

What makes you think she might be pregnant? Is she showing signs or are you just worried since she isn't fixed. Did the previous owners say she was in heat recently?

My advice is take he to the vet to find out and get her spayed as soon as possible if she isn't.

Good luck.

cubby31682
01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
What makes you think she might be pregnant? Is she showing signs or are you just worried since she isn't fixed. Did the previous owners say she was in heat recently?

My advice is take he to the vet to find out and get her spayed as soon as possible if she isn't.

Good luck.

They didn't say anything about her being in heat. I am just worried because she isn't fixed. Her little tummy feels a little hard but on the sides it's pudge. It isn't so hard that you can't feel anything though. Just hard enough to make me question it.

Oh and she loves and I mean loves belly rubs. :D I really lucked out!!!

Jods
01-10-2005, 07:11 AM
oh good luck with what you decide... She might not like belly rubs after being spayed, most cats don't... Wish you all the best :)

catmandu
01-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Just,for your peace,of mind,I would take her in right away,as if there is Bad News,you will have more options,the sooner,you know.

ramanth
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Any updates?

catland
01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Take her in now. If she isn't pregnant and isn't in heat, then you can have her spayed. If you wait a few weeks, she might go into heat and might sneak outside (because she'll be very motivated:eek: ) and get pregnant.

good luck.