PDA

View Full Version : puppy-sitting (sad story)

lute
01-09-2005, 04:51 PM
i'm puppy-sitting till weds. there was a little dobie that was brought back cause he was skinny. he was pretty much dead when he came in. the vet said he was starved!:mad: this guy bought this puppy and had two other dobies that wouldn't let him eat. you can see every bone in his bpdy and you gotta be real gentle with him.he's gained some weight,but is still super skinny. to add to all this he has a cold. poor thing.

i couldn't just let him die in the store so i brought him home to keep him less stressed out. beanie is less then thrilled, but i'm keeping them apart just incase beanie could catch somthing

i'll post pics of this cutie tomarrow.

luvofallhorses
01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
:( :( Some people grrr... thank you for rescuing him! you're an angel :)

Lexi_Lover
01-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Oh...I hate when people do that...it makes me wanna do something drastic! But I can't, why don't ask! I own a little buisness, well actually just a little something that makes a little bit of money...well ya I guess so! And all that money gets donated to our nearest shelter! Good job for rescuing her, I think it was a she! I love dobies! They are absolutely stunning, especially when all grown up!

Did you adopt or or just rehabilitating her:confused:

lute
01-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Lexi_Lover, that's great that you give that much money to the shelter! i'm sure it's put into good use!

right now i am just rehabilitating him. he doesn't even have a name.:( althoug my parents are getting attached to him. i thought i was worried about ME getting to attached to the little guy!hehe

Cinder & Smoke
01-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by lute

I'm puppy-sitting till Weds.
There was a little dobie that was brought back cause he was skinny.

I couldn't just let him die in the store
so I brought him home...

THANKS for helping him out!!

Just WHERE did you get him from??
A pet STORE?
Your Humane Society?
A Vet's Office?

From the sounds of it; it will take longer than till Wednesday to
"fatten him up" and get him ready for a NEW Home.

Why are you taking yourself "off the case" on Wednesday??

"My parents are getting attached to him."

If you "Puppy-Sit" for a week or two;
he might not need another home! ;)

lute
01-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
THANKS for helping him out!!

Just WHERE did you get him from??
A pet STORE?
Your Humane Society?
A Vet's Office?

From the sounds of it; it will take longer than till Wednesday to
"fatten him up" and get him ready for a NEW Home.

Why are you taking yourself "off the case" on Wednesday??

If you "Puppy-Sit" for a week or two;
he might not need another home! ;)
yes "the store" the a petstore. i work as a pet care person there. i wish i worked at a humane society. i might keep him for longer,but i know that i can keep him till weds. so far that's as long as my parents will let me keep him.

my parents are still in that "we can't have another dog" mode but they have that look in their eye like they will say they want him on weds.lol

TrixiesMom
01-09-2005, 08:13 PM
When I worked in a pet store (/shudder.. I left when I found out the owner got his dogs from a mill.. ), I would take home pregnant guinea pigs & bunnies so they could deliver in peace, and I'd take home sick cats as well.. I remember I brought home a flame-point himmy who had a bit of a cough and I didn't want to bring her back =(

vinjashira
01-10-2005, 03:12 AM
you're such a nice person lexie!

lute
01-10-2005, 07:59 AM
thanks!:D

i don't think we are gonna keep him.:( my mom thinks dogs should come to you housebroken and well mannered!:rolleyes: i got up at 7:00 this morning which is EARLY for me(i useually get up around noon) to take this little guy outside. mom said "ya know we can't keep him, we can't get up this early all the time" uhhhhhh......excuse me? who's the one up? there's no WE in takin the puppy out.

also Beanie doesn't like the idea of this hyper puppy in his house. he doesn't like sharin me. sometimes i wish Beanie wasn't so close to me and not such a scardy cat.:(

LorraineO
01-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Well as a dobie mommy myself.. let me say a big thank you for helping that lil guy out...... I hope that if he cant stay with you,, that he finds a great forever family!!!

Jadapit
01-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh thank goodness for people like you! That's so awesome that you rescued him. I hope he finds a good home soon.

lute
01-10-2005, 04:59 PM
thanks everyone for the kind words!

since he's here with me we've name him Leroy. he responds to it!:eek: he's a real sweetie and is laying in my lap right now and is loving every minute right now. he's definatly a velcro dog.lol