PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to Sunny California?

popcornbird
01-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Are all of you Californians out there enjoying the clouds, rain, darkness, and gloominess around here lately? :p

I *loved* the first rain of the season, but in all honesty, I cannot WAIT to see the sunshine and bright blue sky again. I'm not used to having such weather constantly for weeks. :o I mean...I like the cold. Its just the cloudy, rainy, *on-and-off* stormy weather that's bothering me.

The good thing is we're getting TONS of snow on the mountains this year, so hopefully, once the storms are over, and the weather calms down, we can drive up to see the snow. :D Last year we 'missed' the snow season. Hopefully we'll get to see snow this year. For now, I just want to have a nice, bright, sunny, clear sky day. Wonder when it will be sunny again. It seems like I haven't seen the blue sky in AGES!

Cookiebaker
01-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I heard about this on the news today, and frankly I'm a little concerned about my grandparents. I know that the cold can't be good for my grandma! :(

BCBlondie
01-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Yesterday was so terrible. Very dark clouds, LOTS of rain.. lots of flooding, slippery streets, etc. Today it's actually somewhat sunny! :eek: Phew! Hopefully it stays like this. :D

NoahsMommy
01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Its called El Nino....

;)

Its been pouring here for what seems like weeks. Our poor complex is going to be underwater soon...glad we live upstairs. ;)

Samantha Puppy
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
It's been raining, or at the very least overcast and drizzly, here for the last two weeks. Supposed to continue on for another week or so... but our temps have been crazy. On New Year's Day, it was 67. This week it is also supposed to get up to near 70. This is ridiculous. I want snow and ice cold temps so I can enjoy my hot chocolate! It's WINTER!

Giselle
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
No flooding here. Well.....UP here there's no flooding :P. The roads are slippery and the sun is just peeking out. The trails are all muddy, so Giselle is gloomy.

star of light
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
flooding here the gutters cant keep up from time to time...what happened to my nice cali weather?:( :( :( :(

rip for some time sunny california
and
happy new birth to rainy california

lol

CamCamPup33
01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
It's nice here in FL. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-09-2005, 05:53 PM
It's SO rainy and stormy here. It hasn't stopped at all today. Our backyard is FLOODED, and I'm really not looking forward to going to school tomorrow in this. :(

NoahsMommy
01-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I LOVE this weather! Don't you guys like a little change? At least for winter???

BCBlondie
01-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I LOVE this weather! Don't you guys like a little change? At least for winter???
No! I HATE the rain!! :( LOL :p I wish it was sunny and at least 80 degrees!

Living in the Bay Area, it's usually cloudy, foggy, rainy here.. *sighs* I'm so sick of it.. And now it's raining like crazy. Grrr

star of light
01-09-2005, 06:11 PM

i hate it, flodding, and our stupid gutters arent getting most of the rain from time to time grrrrrrr!!!!

but we do need it

popcornbird
01-09-2005, 06:37 PM

I LOVE the cold...and I do like change, but....its been raining too long. :o Oh well...at least winter is truely winter this year. I prefer cold to heat. I just wish it were sunny. :p

Chica
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM
IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA THIS IS TOO MUCH RAIN. :eek: CALIFORNIANS ARE USE TO RAIN IN LITTLE BITS, NOT BUCKETS. :eek: I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO STOP AND HAVE SOME SUN SHINE.;)I WANT TO TAKE CHICA TO THE PARK AND ENJOY SOME WEEKENDS. LATELY OUR WEEKENDS ARE CONSTANT RAINS. :rolleyes:

wolflady
01-09-2005, 07:49 PM
I too enjoy the cooler weather, but I do have to admit that we have been getting a TON of rain. There is standing water on the roads near where I live and plots of land are turning into lakes. 1 nice sunny day here and there to balance the rain out would be nice, but on the flip side, we do need the rain and I was finally able to light a fire in my fireplace! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-10-2005, 11:15 AM
I've heard about all that rain in CA! Like 16 inches in L.A.? Wow! We just got out of an ice storm on our trip to KS...at least rain is better than ice! It's been rainy here in KY too I know.

Edwina's Secretary
01-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Here's our back yard....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p288bddd8e3da971c950b1d5a876d664c/f5868b95.jpg

Someone has the right idea though...;) :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/pe5eecdb7d74ae9c2ad6e042f3e6aec1a/f5868b7a.jpg

At least we don't have water in the basement!

That is a joke. Houses don't have basements here. Maybe this is why.....

slick
01-10-2005, 12:42 PM
....and after two months of 75+ degree weather up here in the summertime I'm ready to say "bring on the rain!!!" :p :rolleyes:

[[[hugs]]] and stay dry people.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
At least we don't have water in the basement!

That is a joke. Houses don't have basements here. Maybe this is why.....

Glad you explained that Sara. I was about to agree that yes, it's a good thing you've got a nice dry basement. Shows how much I know about living in California. :rolleyes:

I heard on the news this morning that LA normally gets about 15 inches of rain a year. They have already gotten 16 inches this year and more to come!

Weather sure is weired lately.....Hope it's not the beginning of The Day After Tomorrow. :eek:

Oh, and by the way, we're expecting ice storms tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday - ugh! Snow I can handle, ice sucks. :(

smokey the elder
01-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, there were tornadoes in Arizona, which isn't TOO far from California!

NoahsMommy
01-10-2005, 03:23 PM

OK, I'm taking this back, a little. I love this weather, but there is TOO much flooding.

My school is closed because of massive flooding and landslides. One of our therapists (at work) is trapped in her home and the firemen are having to rescue people with boats!!! What's REALLY odd is that area sits on top of a hill. :eek: :eek:

Our complex now is full of somewhat permanent rivers. I've been looking out the windows with the cats and naming them. ;) Our place looks just like yours Sara.

There were tornado warnings and strong wind advisories all during the night.

Rain, Rain...go away. (Well, just until we dry off... ;) )

RICHARD
01-10-2005, 03:26 PM
What happened to Sunny California?

The same thing that happened to Sonny Corleone.:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

Amber
01-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Congradulations, you guys are now expiriencing Ohio weather.

:p :p

hehe, hope the flooding isn't too bad over their. We got some flooding too. blah!

Lillycat
01-11-2005, 10:39 AM
OH, AMBER......THAT IS TOO FUNNY.......ALSO TRUE......;)

RICHARD
01-11-2005, 12:24 PM
The news has just reported that a giant flaming ball of gas mysteriously appeared in the east this morning.

Thousands of drivers, stuck in the traffic caused by the past week's storm, sat stunned in their cars, wondering what to make of the latest natural phenomenon here in the Golden State.
:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2005, 02:13 PM
:D Better get used to it Richard. From what I hear you guys are in for at least a few weeks worth of dry spell. I'm sure you're all ecstatic about that! Especially the guy who was seen being rescued....without his pants!!! :D :D The news announcer even made a comment something like "This fellow is extremely lucky to only have lost his car....and his pants...in the ordeal." Then the news room burst out laughing. :D

RICHARD
01-11-2005, 02:15 PM
LOLOLOL,

What's more embarrassing?

Knowing your are stupid enough to fall into the wash or knowing your arse is being beamed across the United States?

And to top it off a giant meteorite landed in the road out by the beach!!!

http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/mdf819572.jpg

;)

popcornbird
01-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Good lord!!! I just heard on the news that Tahoe and the Sierra mountains had 19 feet of snow these past 2 weeks........The most since 1916!!!! That is the most snow after 89 years! Yikes! 19 feet of cold white stuff...I want to go there now. LOL!

LoudLou
01-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Richard,

Did you tick off the Gods again? ;)

Weather guy on CNN says you should be drying out shortly... Hang in there!

RICHARD
01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Richard,

Did you tick off the Gods again? ;)

MOI????

I just have to open my eyes in the morning and it's on!!

The one thing that is wonderful about the weather is the whole Lost Angeles basin is clear, crisp and you can see for miles!!

Just headed out to lunch.....I'll give you a weather report when I get back.

P.S. when we get weather, WE GO BIG!!!!!

RICHARD
01-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Partly cloudy and dry.

No meteorites tho......:D

popcornbird
01-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Today, Sunny California is...........

SUNNY

again!!! :D:D:D

Yippee!!!!