PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your kitties!

Dasha
01-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey everyone. I went shopping yesterday for new kittie food for my Dasha. I got her Friskies Dental Diet, to keep her teeth clean. It's mixed with Purina Kitten chow right now for the change over. She also gets Pounce treats to clean her teeth with vitamins in them.

:)

catmandu
01-09-2005, 12:17 PM
They love,the Nutro Complete are Senior Indoor,and Nutro,does make a very good Product,and they lovethe Nutro Canned Turkey,and Chicken,.

moosmom
01-09-2005, 01:21 PM
My cats are on Iams Ocean Fish dry and sometimes, for a treat, I split a half a can of 9 Lives Tuna Select between the 6 of them.

I used to feed them Science Diet, but since my income is very limited, I had to switch.

jazzcat
01-09-2005, 01:34 PM
I feed the big guys Purina One Chicken and Rice because it has been the only food that has help cut down Ripley's throw up problem.

I feed the kittens Purina Kitten Chow but I know the big guys are getting into it too.:rolleyes:

I feed my dog Nutro Max and have thought about switching the cats to that but fear it may cause a throw up flare.

CalliesMom
01-09-2005, 02:29 PM
The cats are on Science Diet Hairball Light as we have hairball issues and all of them are a little fluffy...I like it and it seems to work very well. We don't have nearly the amount of hairball problems that we did in Tucson but the cats are still porkers. Oh well.

christa
01-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Since we have a kitten & adult cat . . . and we free feed . . . I mix the adult cat food & the kitten food together.

They get a mixture of Purina Pro Plan for Indoor cats & Purina Pro Plan Kitten Food.

nibblets
01-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Julie eats Purina ONE Healthy Weight Management formula dry food.

NoahsMommy
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
My cats get a mixture of Royal Canin Indoor and Royal Canin Special freely feed. They also get Innova wet food at night (2 cats split between 8 cats, Basie doesn't like wet food.).

The Innova and Royal Canin are the only things I can feed my IBD cat, Micah. NOah also has a senstive tummy and would vomit everything he'd eat.

When Micah has an IBD flair up, he gets raw food.

RedHedd
01-09-2005, 06:20 PM
I recently switched Mitzi to Pro Plan Indoor formula - mainly because I got a free 4 lbs. from Petco and it turns out she LOVES it. Her fur has become SO soft, shiny and (I didn't think this was possible) she's even fluffier - the fur type of fluff, not the other kind :rolleyes: I don't know what's in that stuff that makes the cats go bonkers over it, but I have a battle on my hands keeping Mishi away from Mitzi's food.

Mishi is on K/D because he has kidney problems. He likes it for the most part, but now that Mitzi is on the Pro Plan he's being a big brat!

BitsyNaceyDog
01-09-2005, 08:39 PM
All my kitties eat Natural Balance and they love it. They each get 1/4 cup in the morning and 1/4 cup in the evening.

Jods
01-09-2005, 08:43 PM
I feed Pixie Iams Kitten chow and Purina Kitten Chow... Mostly Iams... Fifa gets purina something or other dunno my mom buys his :o even though he sneeks up here for kitten food :rolleyes:

catnapper
01-09-2005, 08:51 PM
MY guys normally get Nutro Natural Weight Management (but right now they are on the store brand version on that since I got 40 pounds of it at 75% off... couldn't beat that price! :D)

The kittens are eating Nutro Max kitten formula.

carole
01-09-2005, 08:59 PM
My Lexie eats Excellence, by Virbac, it comes in hairball and digestive, no colourings, preservatives and good for UTI, she loves it, but tends to pile on the weight, the low cal version she is not keen on alas, Ash I have tried to get him to eat the good stuff, but he prefers his salmon pate and mince beef whiskas, he has Prime beef mince once a week as well,and biscuits as well, I tried him on the Royal Canin, a new one that helps cats not to have reflux, he liked that, and they have some optimin (sp) biscuits as well, ocean pilchard flavour, Ash likes them but Lexie is not so keen

The Cat Factory
01-09-2005, 09:23 PM
My three eat Natural Balance and they all love it :)

lady_zana
01-09-2005, 09:38 PM
My ladies eat Purina Indoor formula. It has made Eepie's fur extremely soft. Both Grey Girl and Weezie have always had soft fur but Eepie's was kind of coarse. Since switching from regular Purina to the Indoor formula, it had really helped Eepie's coat.

wolfsoul
01-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Caleb normally gets Healthwise kibble in the morning, and Nature's Variety RAW at night, but the place where we get his food was closed today so we bought him some Go! Natural.

He also gets things added to his food, like parsley, cottage cheese, yogurt, vegetable oil, and tofu. We also give him a scoop of canned food every once in a while -- usually Tripett, the Pet Pantry, Innova, Nutro, Felidae, Figaro, or Grandma's Pot Pie (or whatever it is called, I forget).

Uniqueviking
01-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Mine get Hill's Science Plan, Adult + Purina.

Shelteez2
01-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Suki and Chloe get Innova Cat Lite dry food.
We were giving Suki the Innva Cat Lite wet food, but as she only gets a couple of spoonfuls a day it was going bad before she could finish a can.
Then she decide she would only eat junk wet food, so now she gets a little bit of Sheba wet food each day.
Chloe will not touch wet food at all.