PDA

View Full Version : Muddy yard vs. Carpet

frosti220
01-08-2005, 08:20 PM
So...how do you keep your carpet/floor clean when the pups come in from the muddy yard?

We just had our carpet cleaned today, and I've been diligently washing their feet every time they come in...but I just don't know how long that'll last...:rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
01-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Luckily we have a landing, then steps, then another landing up to the kitchen so they have to step on a few rugs to get upstairs. Most of the time Lacey leaps up the steps though and only touches a few feet on the rugs. Good thing I hate my kitchen carpet.:D

cubby31682
01-08-2005, 08:27 PM
I have found that it is impossible to keep my couch and floors clean. Let alone my kitchen floor. I mop it and Gracie chases the mop around trying to catch it so then I have to re-mop where ever she has been. I gave up the week I got her. Lol.

bckrazy
01-08-2005, 11:15 PM
I don't know anything else but to wipe them off... Gonzo comes in through his doggy door, so a lot of the mud gets tracked in there (I have to clean it every day). If he's bad, we wipe him off with Nature's Miracle wipes. they work really well! here's a link :) (http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?familyid=9103&sku=1806505147&tab=1&dept_id=253&c1=225&c2=253&c3=&ct1=Grooming&ct2=Wipes+%26+Waterless+Bathing&ct3=)

good luck!

vinjashira
01-09-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm afraid that comes as a package of having a dog :D

KYS
01-09-2005, 11:01 AM
I gave up too.
I am not as concern as I use to be. Than again
my carpet are not new.

I always wipe down the dogs before letting
them back in the house when it rains.
I am not as careful about their paws.

Mud will dry to dirt, and than I can just vacuume
or mob.

lizbud
01-09-2005, 11:16 AM
I pretty much gave up on it & have to wait till Spring to have
my living room carpet (where they spend most of the time)
cleaned. It's either been raining or snowing here for ages &
even though I wipe them off when they come in, it just seems
like endless muddy tracking.

I do spead out an old sheet on the floor & that helps some.
see picture below.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/pdc46c336563c828ad266b165a3cc3626/f599702e.jpg

tomkatzid
01-09-2005, 11:23 AM
We have a back room and then a laundry room that they go into first. The back room carpet is dark gray and rubber backed. Then off white in the laundry room, but by the time they hit that, they are usually pretty clean. We use baby gates to keep them out of the house. Off white in the whole house too, so we have the carpets cleaned a couple times a year.
Katz

ParNone
01-09-2005, 02:05 PM
thank goodness for ceramic tile and wood laminate flooring. I never really had any mud issues until this year. A combination of way too much rain and Gully's pee killing off some of my grass. I do a lil' mini happy dance that I don't have carpeting everytime he and Oz track mud in. I just swiffer a couple of times a week and live with the dirt in between.

Par...

Twisterdog
01-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Well, hate to tell you this, but I gave up on carpet. I had eleven dogs at the time, a doggie door, and there was no possible way I could keep the carpet clean. I put down laminate flooring (Pergo) instead. It has been a 100% improvement!