PDA

View Full Version : Rachel is here. Pictures included.

cubby31682
01-08-2005, 06:08 PM
We are having a few problems already. Gracie went after Rachel when she got here. We aren't sure if it was playing or aggressive. Rachel is purrring up a storm right now in the bathroom. She has already swatted Gracie a few times. Hissed and growled at Cubby after Cubby started it.

I know it has only been about an hour since I've had Rachel, but so far the outlook doesn't look good. I did take a few pictures of her, and a video, I am going to see if I know how to attach them. She also has very pretty blue eyes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture077.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture078.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture079.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture080.jpg

cubby31682
01-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Another quick update, Gracie went into the bathroom where Rachel is, and Rachel got out of the sink to slap her a few times. Any time Gracie puts her head on the counter, Rachel smacks her. So at least that a good sign. I know I do over react at times. Cubby is also coming out of the bedroom to see her as well. She wont stop purrrrring either. :D

jenluckenbach
01-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Rachel is absolutely gorgeous! She (as a calico) should have built in tortie-tude :D so give her the time she needs to adjust to her surroundings and then when she meets Cubby and Gracie she will feel more at home than she does right now. (Remember how scary this must be for her.....new house, new people, her humans aren't there and now strange animals too)

manda_moo87
01-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Awww... :) She's beautiful, and looks very content.

Uabassoon
01-08-2005, 07:32 PM
She is beautiful! Give it a little more time. Cats almost NEVER get along right away. So it's really hard to judge after only an hour. Just give her some time to herself for the rest of the evening and let her adjust to everything new slowly.

cubby31682
01-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Things have settled down a bit. The only problem I am having now is she wont eat. She tried to steal a peice of chicken (I ripped a peice off the bone of the chicken) and I walked in the room and then she backed away. How do I get her to eat? My mom told me to put a little bit of butter on her paw so she will take a bath which should settle her down some. Should I do that or let her settle in on her own? I want to let her settle but I also want her to eat as well. Do I just wait it out and see if she eats tomorrow?

Thanks,
Katie

Grace
01-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Please, give her some time. She only just arrived. Put food and water in the bathroom - if that's where she will spend the night. And leave her be for awhile.

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2005, 10:09 PM
She sure is gorgeous.:D Just give her some time to adjust to her new family and surroundings. Try not to worry too much about her not eating. I'm sure she'll eat when she gets hungry enough. Please keep us updated. Good luck.:)

DogLover9501
01-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Rachel is beautiful!

When we first got Emma, she didn't eat for a couple days, so just give her time, and lots of alone time, as she'll want to explore and adjust.

Also Emma has been here for over 2 months, and things are still going VERY slowly, she is still not too used to the dogs, Tigger or any of the people, just me.

All I can say, is to give it lots and lots of time, that's what I have learned ;)

sirrahbed
01-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Katie - I can only parrot what the others have said - give it plenty of time. Rachel will do fine in time:D Is she going to be Auntie to Lizzie??:D If so, Lizzie suggests she just keep up the attitude! It works well for her:p

catnapper
01-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Awww... a sink kitty! :D She is very pretty! Welcome to your new home sweetie!

Things will settle down, I promise! It seems as if she's in control of her situation and will put Gracie in her place.

shais_mom
01-08-2005, 11:04 PM
She's gorgeous!!
Can't wait to hear progress UPDATES!:)

wolf_Q
01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Rachel is a very beautiful cat! I'd love to see some pics showing her blue eyes, I love blue eyes! :) I hope she will settle down and become friends with Cubby and Gracie soon, but I'm sure it will take time!

cubby31682
01-09-2005, 05:11 AM
Last night hubby put her on the night stand and put a blanket under here so she could have something soft to lay on. I kept waking up to a kitty laying between my pillow and hubby's pillow I was suprised to see it was little miss Rachel. She was purring away. Then I woke up again and she was hogging most of my pillow, sleeping so I reached up to pet her and purrr away purr away. As I got up for this morning she was behind my pillow sleeping and hubby woke up for a minute and said, do you see where Rachel is? I said yes, then he said do you know where Cubby is? I said probably under the bed. He said look to the other side of you. Which I did, lone and behold there's Cubby laying right next to my legs purring away as well. As soon as I reached down to pet him he growled and hissed and threw a fit. I beleive her torti tude has rubbed off on him already. I have no idea how long he was up there, and I had no idea how long she was up there at the same time. I kept waking up and seeing her.

We decided to put her in the bedroom because Gracie kept scaring her. Gracie kept barking at the bathroom door and wouldn't settle down. Gracie does know though that when momma goes to bed she needs to stay quiet and away from the bedroom. Which she did for the most part. My dream is to see her and Cubby sleeping together NEXT to each other by the end of next week. With the progress we made I think it can happen. I put her in the bathroom this morning to see if she would go potty and eat, but she ran right back to the bedroom and jumped on the bed and kept moving around to smell things.

Also she doesn't have normal torti tude yet. And yes Debbie she would love to be Lizzie's Aunt. I think she would like to see new pictures though. I seen the ones from yesterday but Rach hasn't. ;) So after she comes out and about she wants to see new ones.

Katie

Dasha
01-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Really pretty kitty! She shares my real name. Funny to read threads about "Rachel" ;)

catmandu
01-09-2005, 12:14 PM
It may atke some time,foR rachel,to get used,to Cubby,and Gracie,as youwould time,to get used to a stranger,in your home,and we thaink,taht eventually,you will have photos,of them,together!