PDA

View Full Version : Horse pics and fav. breeds!!!

Paint_Lover
11-23-2001, 10:42 PM
If you have a horse please post its pic and if you don't have one tell me your fav. bredd. My fav. breed is the Paint!! :)

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Paint_Lover ]

zippy-kat
11-24-2001, 12:59 AM
I don't have a horse but would love to own one someday!

My favorite breeds are morgans and quarter horses!

Ann
11-24-2001, 02:03 AM
ive wanted a horse for the longest time :(

sadly i dont have one, but my favorite breed would either be the icelandic horse or the brumby. i even made two special sections on my website for those breeds along with the arabian LOL... if i cant have them, i will atleast make a webpage about them :)

Paint_Lover
11-24-2001, 09:30 AM
My sister has a red dun QH Gelding named Rowdy. I have a Paint Mare and my mom has an Appy Mare.

I like Brumbies and Iclandics too. Me, my mom, and my sister went to a horse expo and they had Iclandics performing. If I can find a brocher we got I will give you the web adress. :)

TheAntiPam
11-24-2001, 03:40 PM
I've never owned a horse, but I worked in a race-track related business for a few years. I learned a lot of respect for the Thoroughbreds that run - but they don't all make good saddle horses or companions.

I love the big solid draft horses - and the little burros... But so far, no equine buddies for me.

Paint_Lover
11-24-2001, 04:09 PM
My neboughrs have lots of draft horses and mules. My fav. Thoroughbred is Secretariat. I LOVE HIM!!! :D

Ann
11-26-2001, 09:25 AM
Secretariat was great! i like Ruffian alot too tho... such a sad story :(

Ollie
11-26-2001, 10:58 AM
Dear Paint Lover
I have 5 registered Peruvian Paso horses. One stallion and 4 mares. The stallion is named Ollie, short for Olympico de Oro, I love him more than any other horse I have ever had, and I have owned quite a few in my life. Quarter horses, Tenn. Walkers, Arabians, and a few grade horses. The Peruvian Paso is a naturally gaited horse, and they have a wonderful disposition. My Ollie is so layed back no one believes he is a stallion. I don't ride as much as I used to, but I still like to look out and see all my horses in the pasture.
I haqve lots of pictures of him, but not the know how or equipment to send one. My daughter is coming to visit next spring, she knows how to do all this high tech stuff, so I'll have her post pictures of all my critters.

Ollies Mom

zippy-kat
11-26-2001, 01:19 PM
Can't wait to see the pictures of Ollie and friends!!

Ann
11-26-2001, 01:50 PM
i cant wait either! good luck on getting it up on the web and let me know if u need any help :)

Paint_Lover
11-29-2001, 08:41 PM
Here is a good web site for Icelandic Horses??? www.icehorse.com (http://www.icehorse.com) :)