PDA

View Full Version : When Should We . . .

christa
01-08-2005, 12:36 PM
get Brodie neutered?

What's a good age?

I know Jazzcat has just had Rocky done . . . I think he's a little older than Brodie.

Brodie will be 4 months old on Jan 27.

;) THANKS!

Corinna
01-08-2005, 12:45 PM
My vet says if you can see them its time for them to go.

PayItForward
01-08-2005, 12:46 PM
In England cats are altered at 6 months old but the best way to check is to ring your vets and ask.

For example. My Bramble was not spayed until she was 7 or 8 months as she was such a small kitten.

jazzcat
01-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Christa, Rocky is now 5 months old. My vet told me they recommend spaying and neutering at 4 months and older as long as it's been two weeks since their final kitten vaccinations. I could have had R&R done the first of Dec. but didn't want to do it so close to the holidays so I opted for the first week in Jan. I think each vet varies so you should probably call your vet's office and ask. I would think having him done some time in Feb. or March would be good.

I had Ripley done at 5 months too. He was wild and the vet hoped it would calm him but it didn't. Only age calmed that wild cat.

catmandu
01-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Most Vets,say 6 months,but if you do,the job,now,then Brodie,may still be a Kitten,the rest,of his life,and not pick,up,the spraying habit!