PDA

View Full Version : I don't feel welcome here! :(

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I really don't feel welcome here at all! I don't know any of the people besides 2crazypuppiesforme, chelsea, Puppy_love4 & luckydog. What do I have to do to feel welcome here? :(

Krista

Kfamr
01-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't see why you wouldn't feel welcomed here.

You've only been here for a month. You can't expect to make a million close friend here in just a month.

Just keep posting, and fyi, threads like this generally push a lot of people away.

dukedogsmom
01-08-2005, 11:15 AM
A start would be not to make a thread like this. They tend to turn people away instead of wanting to get to know you better. Just continue to comment and we'll get to know you. All of those "I'm leaving threads, etc" give bad vibes.

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I didn't mean to push anybody away by posting this thread it was just the truth I won't post anymore threads like this I was just saying how I really feel.

Cookiebaker
01-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm very sorry that you do not feel welcome here. :( But in all honesty, I haven't seen many posts from you. How about starting threads about your pets, and tell us all about them. Sharing pictures help, too. Also, it helps to post compliments to other people's pictures, too.

Just keep posting, and don't give up so quickly. :p

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 11:19 AM
okay I will post pics of my pets right now :)

catnapper
01-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Have you ever posted an introduction thread? This is the first post I've ever seen from you.

If you do an introduction thread such as "Hi I'm Joan and I have a dog, I have a pesty little brother, I want to be a dentist when I grow up, etc. That way people get to know you and can commet back to you. They can get to know something about you that perhaos they relate to, etc. Just remeber that since this is apublic forum not to give out any real personal info. you never know who's reading it so no last name or name of shcool, etc.

Samantha Puppy
01-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I don't see why you wouldn't feel welcomed here.

You've only been here for a month. You can't expect to make a million close friend here in just a month.

Just keep posting, and fyi, threads like this generally push a lot of people away. Ditto. Well said, Kay.

chelsea
01-08-2005, 11:48 AM
It takes time to make new friends on a forum, just keep posting and give it some time. :)

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Have you ever posted an introduction thread? This is the first post I've ever seen from you.
yes I have done an introduction thread and I just posting pics of my dogs in dog general :D

Krista

buckner
01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Weird. I've been here since June and I'm more of a lurker. That can be seen on my number of posts.. but it's not about the number of posts or anything. I read every post I can (time allowing) and if something really sticks out, I do post. And if I don't want to post publicly, I'll PM the person about it. Like, if it's something I really can compare to or something. And many people have done this to me.

While I don't think I have many "friends" here, I think more than half of the active members know who I am, and I talk to many of them on AIM and through PMs. Try PMing people with certain interests as yours, and go from there. I guarantee you'll make friends. :)

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 12:24 PM
okay I will :)

misterduke
01-08-2005, 12:31 PM
As a newcomer, I'm just getting familiar with this site and all it's aspects. Give it a chance. I know you replied to my postings so if you keep doing that and voicing your thoughts when you see something you might get somwhere.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for replying to MY threads. I just love to share my love of Duke and anything else I can.

Take care, misterduke;)

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 12:33 PM
your misterduke is gorgeous:D

moosmom
01-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Buckner is right. I've been a member for almost 3 years (?) now and it's taken me that long to make all the friends I have on this site. Believe me, once you get to know people, you'll have a great group of friends.

Welcome to PT!!

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 04:39 PM
thanks :) and I didn't mean to drive anyone away by posting this thread my apoligies :(

moosmom
01-08-2005, 07:14 PM
No apology necessary. Don't feel bad. Ya gotta start somewhere, right? It takes time to meet new people and make new friends.

manda_moo87
01-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
No apology necessary. Don't feel bad. Ya gotta start somewhere, right? It takes time to meet new people and make new friends.

My feelings exactly. :)

If you ever need a friend, just PM me!

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I will :)

mei
01-09-2005, 12:24 AM
:)
I am now here,but I feel welcome here ;)

cookieluver7
01-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87

Same here. :D

tatsxxx11
01-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Count me among your friends:) And a big, warm welcome to you:) You are a wonderful, positive addition to the Pet Talk family. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra, Cody, Star, Mr. B, Oliver, Moon and Rosie

LabradorLover
01-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87

Same, Pm me anytime.

Rachel
01-09-2005, 05:38 PM
This has become a fairly large site with lots of posts and many regular posters and lots of new people becoming members on a daily basis. When the site was smaller, every new member would be given a hearty welcome and we would be able to get to know everyone. Now, for some of us, it has become impossible to read but a few threads a day. Even those of us who have been around since the beginning can feel lost and not part of the group. Do not take it personally. The others have given you some good advice. Please don't give up on Pet Talk. You are a welcome member of this community. I'm going right now to see if I can find the pictures of your pets.

LuckyDog
01-09-2005, 07:23 PM
:D Ya know I love ya girlie! I am here there and everywhere just catch me on yim.