PDA

View Full Version : Babies!!!!

furrykittenlover
11-10-2001, 06:47 AM
My best friend that lives down the street from me got 2 gerbils a couple weeks ago. They got them both at petco. One of them would not stop biting, and there was also something strang about this gerbil, becuase it had a bump at the end of it's tail. They took that gerbil back becuase it bit my friend nine times, and they figured out that the bump on his tail was a tumor :eek: !!! Then they decided to get another gerbil at a different pet shop. they have had them for about a week, and they just had babies!!!! :) :) :) She said they can see three, but they dont want to move them around. Should the male gerbil be taken out of the cage? Will he get jelous and maybe eat one of the babies? :(

zippy-kat
11-10-2001, 11:19 AM
WOW! What a time for babies! (Steno's hammie just had babies!) Man, if winter is like this, what will spring bring? lol

The gerbils I've had have all been male--so no babies.

Sorry, I don't have any advice but Adoremydogs posted some really great hammie advice Here. (http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=000037) Maybe this would apply to the baby gerbils, too?

furrykittenlover
11-11-2001, 10:42 AM
Hey thanks for the website. Ive been doing some reasearch on gerbils and i found out that the male will not try to eat the babies. Just to be safe my friend separated the two in different tanks.