PDA

View Full Version : Daughter goes to Vegas...

catnapper
01-07-2005, 02:56 PM
and what does she get?
SNOW!!

Here in Pennsylvania, we are wading through puddles left from rainstorm after rainstorm. Its suppose to get warmer here - the news caster said "springlike weather". Daughter goes to the desert, and finds snow!:rolleyes:

Go figure! :p

BitsyNaceyDog
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
She should have came to Florida. We're having awesome weather.

Tonya
01-07-2005, 04:03 PM
WAAAAAAH! I wanna be in Vegas!

catnapper
01-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
WAAAAAAH! I wanna be in Vegas!

Me to! :D Lucky her - she convinced the entire family to give her money towards the trip as her Christmas and birthday money (her birthday was two days ago) She made out like a bandit, and had enough money to pay for the flight, her share of the room, plus $200 to spend on food and entertainment. Lucky dog. She's having a ball out there with her buddies (its a soccer tournament, and she's with a family who's daughter we consider as one of our own daughters... and they feel the same way about Heather.)

I do feel bad though. The tournament people told them to pack light jackets for the night time. So thats all she packed. No coat, no gloves. Oh well. She doesn't notice it, so why should I fret?

CalliesMom
01-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I was in Vegas last week and it was cccoooolllllldddddd. Rainy and cold to boot LOL I thought that weather only happened where I live, but it was kind of nice. I prefer the cold anyday.

Tonya
01-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I normally go to Vegas every December. I wear nothing but tiny tops and skirts. It never bothered me to be missing a jacket...but then again, I'm intoxicated the entire time that I am there. :o

NoahsMommy
01-07-2005, 09:32 PM
That's funny, you don't usually think of snow and Vegas, huh?

They do get REALLY cold there though. Hope she's staying warm. :)

Kfamr
01-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
She should have came to Florida. We're having awesome weather.

Are you CRAZY!? :p This weather is GROSS!
Hot - Humid- but nice at night? So what is there to do outside at night?!

I'd take Vegas snow anyday!

DJFyrewolf36
01-07-2005, 09:56 PM
At least she isnt up north in Reno. The snow is piled DEEEEP here! Going to work has been such a pain due to the snowfall. We got a foot today and about two foot last week and it hasnt been warm enough to melt!

Brrrrrr

lynnestankard
01-08-2005, 07:09 AM
I definately prefered the weather when we were there in April - 101 F!!!!!

Lynne

moosmom
01-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Kim,

I just saw shots on the news on how Vegas got snow. How weird is that??

My daughter and my best friend are going to Vegas in April. I wish I could go. :( But I know they'll have a great time.