PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting Lasik on January 14th

My Peanuts
01-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm a little scared and a lot excited about this. This was my Christmas/birthday present from my boyfriend and he is having it done too on the same day. They will determine if our corneas are thick enough for surgery on the day of surgery, so there is chance that one or both of us won't be able to have it done.

I have been wearing contacts everyday since I was about 11 or 12 years old and I don't have glasses anymore. I have to wear glasses for a week before surgery (starting today), but luckily my brother has the exact prescription that I do. So today I am wearing my brother's glasses, which really don't look too bad. My eyes feel irritated without the contacts because I'm so used to having them in. Anyway, just thought I'd share. If anyone has any thoughts about this please share them with me. I already know a lot about this, but any personal experiences would be great. :p

BCBlondie
01-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Good luck!!

Two of my cousins got it done and it worked great for them!! :D

kimlovescats
01-07-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm so jealous!!! Waaaaaaaaah, I want it ... hate wearing glasses! Well .... seriously, I wish you luck that you are indeed able to have it done!!!

Kim;)

star of light
01-07-2005, 05:36 PM
i am getting that when i am old enough i hate wearing glasses i have been wearing them since i was 2 and now i have contacts i have had a really major eye sugery on my eye at age 4 to help correct stubigmus or whatever they call it.... i hope it all goes well gooood luck

My Peanuts
01-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Just wanted to say that I got it! :D Aside from some extreme discomfort that stopped in about an hour, it was the best thing I ever did. My eyes are already great and are supposed to get better as they heal :D

dukedogsmom
01-17-2005, 01:06 PM
You lucky dog! I'm going to start saving up for it. I can't have contacts now as my eyes have changed too much for them. My eyesight is getting worse and if I don't get it done this year, I'll have to get new glasses. Really don't want to do that. I wish insurance would pay for it.

christa
01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Awesome! You'll LOVE it!!! I got Lasik a few years ago and I've never had any problems. I wore glasses & contacts all my life so it was a great change! Me and my mom actually went on the same day and had it done . . . at the time, her insurance paid for it so I was LUCKY!!!

It takes a few weeks for all the blurries to go away . . . especially right after you wake up. Hang in there!

GraciesMommy
01-17-2005, 01:54 PM
How lucky you are! I was not a good candidate for it...i wear contacts but I was told that if I do have it, I will surely have to wear reading glasses *I am 44 and at this point I dont have to..
Meaning I could do it so wouldnt be wearing contacts all the time but would end up wearing glasses for computer/reading..so might as well keep my contacts...

cookieluver7
01-17-2005, 03:13 PM
What a wonderful present!!! :D I don't need glasses (yet) but if I would have them I would sooo want to have lasik surgery!

lovemyshiba
01-17-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm jealous!!!!

Actually I'm probably going to have mine done sometime soon. My boss is having his done in 2 weeks, and I'm going to see how it goes:)

Glad to hear yours went so well--I can't wait to have it done--I can't even imagine waking up in the morning and being able to see the clock!!!!!