PDA

View Full Version : Sad Note About Park Ferals

K & L
01-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I received this note today from the Park. Apparently the dogs got loose in the park again and got another cat and more chickens. Here's the note:

We contacted head of PnR to get the info on the killings. The dog's owners were cited and fined for each chicken (19 according to the parks dept) and cats that were killed. Owners are getting charged $25/chicken and $100/cat. Wednesday evening the dogs got loose again and killed two more chickens and one cat. I'm really sad to say that I think the one they killed was Cheeto. We found the orange and white kitty that hangs out in the coop yesterday by the door to the mill and granary. The dog's owners were again cited and fined; and the dogs were taken by animal control. We don't know the outcome of that yet, but I will keep you posted. I will miss our orange coop kitty, he always helped keep the eggs warm in the nesting boxes.

mina'smomma
01-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Ohhhh those owners make me mad:mad: Don't they have a heart or compassion or something!! Does your city have a leash law?

Corinna
01-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I 'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Please accept this {{{HUG}}} and keep us in formed on the out come of the dogs.

K & L
01-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by mina'smomma
Ohhhh those owners make me mad:mad: Don't they have a heart or compassion or something!! Does your city have a leash law?

Yes we do have a leash law, that is why they got cited and dogs taken away! I just feel like crying! It hasn't been a good day all the way around.:(

moosmom
01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm glad they seized the dogs! Some owners just don't get it, or just don't care. Sad.

RIP Coop kitty. Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge.

K & L
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks all, it's just been a horrible week. All this park stuff and Kevin lost his grandma Wednesday morning.

CalliesMom
01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
I am so sorry for your cats! I just don't understand why people think it is okay to mistreat animals and why these things continue to happen. This gets me going on a rant again..so I'll stop before I start. So sad...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry. :(

You would think, that if there are repeated offences they'd do more than just slap them with a fine and send the dogs back home. Should we, perhaps, start a letter writing campaign? Once they're inundated with PT emails, they might just think twice about sending those dogs back. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

kimlovescats
01-07-2005, 03:07 PM
:( :( :( :mad: :( :( :(

(((HUGS)))) Lisa

K & L
01-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry. :(

You would think, that if there are repeated offences they'd do more than just slap them with a fine and send the dogs back home. Should we, perhaps, start a letter writing campaign? Once they're inundated with PT emails, they might just think twice about sending those dogs back. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

The dogs were taken by animal control, so hopefully they won't be returned to these IRRESPONSIBLE people. Our poor Cheeto. The park just loved him cause he would lay in the nest with the chickens and keep the eggs warm. I'm just sick over the whole ordeal!

Thanks Debbie! The letters might just be a great idea!

K & L
01-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
I am so sorry for your cats! I just don't understand why people think it is okay to mistreat animals and why these things continue to happen. This gets me going on a rant again..so I'll stop before I start. So sad...

I feel like ranting myself. My stomachs upset, my head hurts, and I'm fuming!:mad:

wolflady
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this too. :(
Irresponsible pet owners really get me steamed :mad:
I certainly hope the dogs are NOT given back to those stupid people! :mad: Obviously the fines didn't bother them, so they need something else to knock some sense into them...a baseball bat perhaps?

K & L
01-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone! Even though these are ferals and reside in a park, they're still like our own to us. We've been taking care of them for 6 years now, so how do you not feel attached? They're fixed, fed and watered daily, and we see them everyday! We both are sick over this.:(

dukedogsmom
01-08-2005, 11:24 AM
It's a sad situation all the way around. I feel sorry for the dogs, too because they couldn't possibly have been given a good home. Now they will be punished because of an irresponsible owner.

K & L
01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
It's a sad situation all the way around. I feel sorry for the dogs, too because they couldn't possibly have been given a good home. Now they will be punished because of an irresponsible owner.

YEP! I feel the same way. I'm more worried they'll be returned to the original owners, though, and now that they have the taste of blood and know where to get it, they'll be back.

Barbara
01-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I am so sorry! What people they must be- the normal idiots are at least impressed by a substantial fine!