PDA

View Full Version : Where is your place.....

Harmanie
01-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Where you can be all alone and think to yourself. Like, where can you be where you know that you won't be bothered and you can think about things that you wouldn't normally think about. My place would have to be my room.:) Well, its the only place I have right now for privacy. I can write my stories, poetry, and paint. I can also study more on my ancient egypt.
Its funny because when I'm in "my" time:p Harmanie is always there right by me. Are your pets there with you to?

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Anywhere outside... whenever i need some me time or to just get away I like to take walks ...
unfortunately the kitties can't go.. but if I had a doggie he for sure would!!:D

LabradorLover
01-07-2005, 12:35 PM
In the park with Toupe and Keeper.

cubby31682
01-07-2005, 12:53 PM
In the bedroom. I curl up in bed under the blankets and I lay there and think. Although most of the time I end up falling asleep though. :D Cubby is always right there next to me when ever I go lay down. He knows that means love time or play time. It all depends on what kind of mood Cubby is in. :rolleyes:

mina'smomma
01-07-2005, 01:01 PM
In our spare room. Mina and I go in there to clean, read or do crafts and just be by ourselves.

Glacier
01-07-2005, 01:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Scenery/valley2.jpg
See that flat spot on the far side of the valley at the top of the ridge, the little clearing in the trees...That's my spot. It's 7 kilometres from my house and is the most perfect place I've ever found. i walk there all the time in the summer and this time of year the dog team often takes a rest there on our way home. My husband calls it my "thinking spot". It's in my will that my ashes are to be scattered there when the time comes.

carole
01-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I really don't have a time alone place, my home is small for the four of us, and well it is kinda hard to get complete privacy and quietness for sure, I quite like it when I help my daughter do her paper round, as it gives me thinking time alone, so I guess that is my place, lol.:)

moosmom
01-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately, my place is in Bolton, CT. :( Bolton Lake is a quiet, serene place I used to go to clear my head. I miss it terribly. Some of my most cherished memories were there as a child.

Another place I used to go is the cemetery where my parents are buried. I'd go there on nice days and have coffee or lunch with "Dave, Joanne and Tigger the cat", read a book and just take in the fresh air and serenity of the place. Can't do that now either cuz again, it's in Connecticut! :(

kimlovescats
01-07-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm still looking for it ... and the TIME to find it! :(

Jods
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I don't really have anywhere specific either... Usually I"m alone when my boyfriends at work if I'm not at school that is. If I am at school I get a bit when I get home, before he gets home... I feel sorry for him though it works out that whenever he's off work I'm here so he doesn't get much time to himself. hehehe:p

Amber
01-07-2005, 03:05 PM
My room always, and my dogs are always with me. But when it is warmer out, I'll walk over to the park, with Elvis or something, and just sit on the swing and think. -- It's refreshing.

wolflady
01-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Sadly enough...the bathoom! :eek: LOL When you're married and live in a small house...there really isn't anywhere to go for alone time, except for the bathroom...and with IBS, I'm in there a lot! :rolleyes:
*sigh*

Corinna
01-07-2005, 03:10 PM
My garden, as my mom and I call it communing with nature.

Tonya
01-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Sadly enough...the bathoom! :eek: LOL When you're married and live in a small house...there really isn't anywhere to go for alone time, except for the bathroom...and with IBS, I'm in there a lot! :rolleyes:
*sigh*

LOL. I second that. My only time to read or think is in the bathroom. Even then, I often have hubby or son knocking on the door asking questions.

When I wasn't pregnant, my alone time was jogging.

Harmanie
01-17-2005, 10:03 PM
oh Glacier, How beautiful. I bet you have an amazing view!

cali
01-17-2005, 10:15 PM
my room. a few years ago when my room was upstairs my place was in a second closet sort of room, it had a latch on the inside, and a light, and a sloping shelf you could sit on. that is where I went when I was upset, nobody could disturb me. outside of my house, my best friend and I share a place, a group of large boulders a few miles away, we walk or bike to it, nothing but feilds with a winding bike path around, and the rocks overlook the creek.

cloverfdx
01-18-2005, 05:42 AM
Glacier that is just stunning :D.

My spot close to home is the park near by, i usually take C & E there when i need some "alone" time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/cloverfdch/0000000111aaabStGLake1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/cloverfdch/0000000111aaabStGLake2.jpg
This is my other spot, it is about a 15 minute drive away. St Georges lake. It is beautiful in all weather, from freezing cold to lovely and warm.

GraciesMommy
01-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Outside in the back yard...have chairs out there between 2 trees and under a big canopy..like to sit...

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-18-2005, 07:40 AM
In my bed, with the lights out, and my body tucked under the covers!!

joanofark
01-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Probaly anywhere in my yard:) I like to go on my old swing set. I also go in in the woods next to our house or climb a tree:) And if I'm not at those places.... I will be in our pool floating on a float or swimming around under water (during the Summer).:p

lv4dogs
01-18-2005, 03:30 PM
The only real alone spot I have always lovd & cherished, no matter what time of day/night, weather outside & reason why is in Oregon in the forest, 3500 miles away from me now.

My alone time really depends on the reason why I want to be alone, oh and the weather.
If it is not too cold out I like to be outside in the woods, on a hike.
Inside it would be my couch or bed, but when I havd S.O. living with me my alone time is in the bathroom, the only place I can get to where he couldn't LOL

CamCamPup33
01-18-2005, 07:47 PM
My bedroom... It's secluded away from everyone. :)

CalliesMom
01-18-2005, 07:59 PM
The shower or my room when I'm home by myself.