PDA

View Full Version : First night out videos

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2005, 10:43 AM
First one is Peanut's first impression. She was in the laundry room, ready to bolt downstairs if necessary. Check your volume because the sound you hear is her growling. It's louder than it normally would be because of the small room and the metal appliances reflecting the sound.

I'm such a bad meowmy. Here my little sweetie is in obvious distress, and all I can do is laugh! :D BAD meowmie!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2005, 10:52 AM
This one is Cracker Jack exploring. Notice how he continually flips the tip of his tail. And notice how in the middle of it all he had to come back over to me for assurance, then back to exploring. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2005, 10:53 AM
This next one is where Peanut is in her box growling and hissing away, and Cracker Jack could care less. That Canadian catnip toy is much more important! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2005, 10:56 AM
And finally, here's Peanut relaxing a bit. You can see how she literally releases all the tense muscles and relaxes. It's ok, sweetie, he's not going to hurt you. :D

And that's all for now folks. I've been badly neglecting my school and work duties these last few days, so I will keep everyone updated on any major occurrances, but otherwise I need to get to work - oh how I hate that word. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Thank you all SO much for giving Cracker Jack such a huge welcome. You guys are really the best! :D

Jods
01-07-2005, 10:58 AM
LMAO Oh Peanut hun he looks terrified ;) Keep up the good work!
Really cute videos.. The last one had me in tears he was just not caring at all... :D :) :D

kimlovescats
01-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Wonderful videos, Debbie!!! Awww, little Peanut ... you just stay safe and "tucked away" in your box, honey ..... until you are ready to put that boy in his rightful place!;)

It is tooooo typical of a sweet orangie, to be so non-chalant and unconcerned about her hissing! LOL! What a sweet boy, and I know that Miss Peanut will be charmed into a loving friendship with Mr. Cracker Jack in no time at all!

:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Those videos are priceless, Debbie! thanks for posting them!!

Poor poor Peanut, she is doing such a great job in hissing and growling, and Mister Cracker Jack isn't even impressed. WHAT A BOY!!!

catnapper
01-07-2005, 11:32 AM
:) Oh his tail will put me in a trance... I'm mesmorized just watching it! Poor Peanut, I'm sure its annoying her more that he's not acknowledging her kisses and growls! I recognise those growls... Mr. Grumpkins Pouncer does that with each new foster and every time I come home form an adoption event.

CalliesMom
01-07-2005, 11:33 AM
LMBO Peanut is even more adorable when she hisses! I bet you in no time she'll love her little brofur. ;)

As for Cracker Jack, what a great personality he has! He isn't even bothered by the hissing.

Cinder & Smoke
01-07-2005, 11:38 AM

Cinder and Smokey will BOTH verify that Peanut is NOT making
"Happie Kampur" sounds!!

Smokey was in the process of "pullin up a rug" under the puter
when I played Video 1...
He backed out like he'd stepped on a mouse trap -
and looked at the puter like it was going to attack! :eek:
During the Third Showing, he left the room!

Cinder walked by when Video 3 started...
Must have brought back memories of her Urlee Daze at the Ranch...
She was flippin her ears up & down so fast I felt the breeze!
She only hung around for two showings! :p
Now they're both hiding under a distant table ~
lookin *nerbus*! :p

Poor PeaNutter must think Brudder CJ is hard of hearing!

:D :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Oh my! As the saying goes..."I am getting that feeling of deja vu all over again!" That is just like Eddie and Edwina....."You talking to me????" Poor Peanut....it is so embarrassing to be ignored when you are putting on such a show of indignation.....

Catsnclay
01-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Yoshi just jumped on the desk as I started to play the first one, and heard all the hissing :eek: Started sniffing the moniter! :rolleyes: Then I played the other 2 and he watched them with me. He is still "searching" for that hissing kitty!! :rolleyes:

I just love Jack's long neck as he is taking all of this in for the first time. Does he actually know that Peanut is in the room?! He could care less about her, and I think maybe that is what she is mad at!! :p

Don't expect to get any work done this week, it's "New Kitty Week" :D :D

Vio&Juni
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I think Peanut is disappointed that CJ is not paying attention to her growls and hisses :). What a handsome boy!

Randi
01-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Cracker Jack is SO cool, still exploring and ignoring all the hissing. Peanut is bound to be impressed! :) In a few weeks time, we 'll see videos of them both snuggling. :p

Just LOVE those videos!!

Vermontcat
01-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Oh my! As the saying goes..."I am getting that feeling of deja vu all over again!" That is just like Eddie and Edwina....."You talking to me????" Poor Peanut....it is so embarrassing to be ignored when you are putting on such a show of indignation.....
I was thinking the same thing. It's just like the story of the two E's all over again.
But I don't think Cracker Jack is a Basement Boy, maybe he's more of a Bathroom Boy or Bedroom Boy.;)

iloverat
01-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Pardon me, Peanut but I am laughing right along with your mewomie. :D :D :D It's so hard to believe that the menacing growl is emanating from that super sweet little Peanutter. Better try another tactic, honey, cause this one ain't workin'!!!

BigB_Kittys
01-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Cracker Jack is a very cool cat. Way to go buddy:D . He sort of reminds me of that Eveready battery commercial from the late 1970's where actor Robert Conrad (of Baa Baa Black Sheep fame) has the battery on his shoulder and says "I dare you to knock it off. Come on , I dare ya".

Peanut, you are going to have to try a little harder if you want to intimidate Cracker Jack. I brought our cat Rocky into my room to hear your video of you growling and hissing and he wasn't too impressed. Perhaps you can be like Jesse James and do the "Monster garage staredown";) . You never know, it just might work.

Cinder & Smoke
01-07-2005, 07:52 PM

I re-loaded Videos 1 & 3 for da Boots, who had wandered into
the puter room and jumped up lookin for a treet...

:eek:
Boots, da KAT, here...

Did dat Kute lil Kitty SAY DAT!??? :o

I dint talk THAT *nastee* to da Dawgz when dey shoewd up!
... Well, mitta sed summa doz thingz ta SmokeMutt ...
He wuz a bit uva StoneHed when he showed up. :p

I fink da PeaNutt is lookin fur a Peece Offerin!
What'cha got ta Offer, Big Boy??

/s/ Boots, da Kat ;)

Russian Blue
01-07-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm just checking in now and I'm so happy you were able to bring Jack home Debbie! Yay!:D

I just *love* the videos. Poor Peanut.....but at least Jack is making himself at home. It must be that Canadian catnip...it's the best! At least that is what Nakita says.

;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2005, 02:41 AM
Peanut's growling and hissing woke up both Cirrus and Sky. They looked terrified.:eek: I love the video of CJ playing with the Canadian catnip mouse and just enjoying himself while Peanut continues to growl at him. LOL:) They'll be friends eventually. It'll just take some time.

Lacey
01-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Poor Peanut! Trying her best to be all tough and she gets ignored! Never fear, though! Mowg was impressed with all that hissing. He'd hopped into my lap for his "gimme some breakfast now" mewing and as soon as he heard Peanut he stopped and backed off to the arm of my chair!

catcrazylady
01-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Well Peanut didn't make much of an impression on Cracker Jack but she sure has stirred up some fear in everyone else's house!!! Mine were on the alert big time!!! I think they thought Maggie Sue must be near by but couldn't find her to avoid her.:D

Cracker Jack is such a cool and relaxed cat! He isn't the least bit impressed or concerned with Peanut. Much to her dismay I'm sure!!!;)
I think you've got a real winner there Debbie and I know they will adjust soon. CJ is just going to have to bow down to Princess Peanut and she will be happy then.:D

I'm so happy about all of this that I'm about to burst!!!!:D :D :D

catmandu
01-08-2005, 08:43 AM
And once again,the Found Cats,are so pleased,that thier little love offering,is so liked,and we hope,one day,to see Paenut,and Cracker Jack,lying side,by side!

gini
01-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I am laughing so hard here, because first I played Anna's video of Bon barking which really got Rascal's attention, and now they are hearing Peanut hissing and growling.

Somehow they know that the monitor is something to avoid!
Too many strange noises coming from it. It's alright, just as long as these noises STAY INSIDE this box!

Poor Peanut...........it is really going to vex her that Cracker Jack is paying absolutely no attention to her. Such a beautiful girl and all of those nasty sounds. It is hard to believe.

Cracker is such a cutie ..........pretty cute that he had to come over to you for reassurance before he continued his adventure.

It is deja vu with the E's isn't it?

christa
01-08-2005, 10:56 AM
LOL . . . First of all, I have to say that Peanut is so beautiful! I love seeing videos & pics of her! She has the most beautiful coloring!

Josie hissed and growled the same way with Brodie . . . only she'd add some smacks in there too, LOL. She's gotta tell him that she's the queen of the house and I think she's doing a pretty good job of it!

That CJ is a cutie! His tail was adorable!

Great vids! :D

RedHedd
01-08-2005, 12:00 PM
:D Poor little princess Peanut throwing a "hissy" fit and CJ nonchalantly ignoring her, continuing to play! :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-08-2005, 04:33 PM
:confused:

MeThinks we're overdue for a Peanut(s) & Cracker Jax Tail!

:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Well, not more pictures or videos - been a busy day - but I thought I'd just jump in to let you all know that things are moving along smoothly. Peanut is feeling more free to roam around at will without CJ being right there, and that's because he's calming down and starting to relax after sniffing every inch of the house from top to bottom! :D He is now sleeping on the blanket on the back of the couch, and Peanut just jumped down from her daddy's lap and headed downstairs, no hissing from anyone.

Peanut still hisses if CJ comes to close, but he just backs away, gives her her space and goes about his business. It was funny though, just a little earlier he "copped a sniff"....if you know what I mean. ;) Peanut was heading upstairs and was intently sniffing something on the wall. He came up behind her and started sniffing her tail. She just flipped her tail and kept sniffing the wall (don't know what was with that:confused: ) then she continued on upstairs and never even knew he was there. :D

I still close him in the bedroom at night, and when we're gone we separate them, more to give Peanut some peace, but overall, things are going just fantastic!

Thanks so much everyone. He is just such a good boy, and is even starting to bond with ME a bit, instead of Terry. :D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Debbie, thanks for the wonderful update.:D I knew that everything would work out since he's such an easy going laid back boy. I'm so thrilled for you.:D

Cinder & Smoke
01-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

... things are moving along smoothly.

Peanut still hisses if CJ comes to close,
but he just backs away,
gives her her space and goes about his business.

... overall, things are going just fantastic!

;)
:)

shais_mom
01-08-2005, 11:38 PM
OH sweet Peanut!
Mommy wouldn't do anything to jepordize you!!
Just laugh a little :D

Kylie wants you to know that you should consider you're self lucky that Mom didn't bring home a kitten b/c this could happen!!
At this particular moment - Kloe is yes, biting Kylie on the but and as soon as the pic snapped Kylie jumped off the stool!!! :eek:

shais_mom
01-08-2005, 11:40 PM
or this too!

wolf_Q
01-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Great videos! Peanut looks so pissed, but she's adorable even when she's mad. ;) The one of Cracker Jack playing with the catnip while she hissed at him cracked me up. He didn't even care at all, which I think made her even more upset! I hope they will be buddies soon!

Staci those pics of Kloe and Kylie are so cute! Kylie doesn't look too happy though! ;)

Cinder & Smoke
01-09-2005, 05:27 PM
:p

Here goes...

Whimmmmmpur..., Whiiiiiiine... :(

OK, we bought this, yesterday >>>

Well, not more pictures or videos -
been a busy day...

We've even been *patient* today...

But some of us NEED a PeaNut & Cracker Jax FIX!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Patience my dear, patience. I've got a 12-14 page report to hand in by midnight tonight. I'm on page 3! :eek: I do have some good pictures and tailz though, so if you can just hold on a little longer......sorry....just taking a quick break here. I promise to get right back at it so I can finish up already. :o:rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
01-09-2005, 07:16 PM

I've got a 12-14 page report to hand in by midnight tonight.
I'm on page 3! :eek:

EE-GADZ! :eek:

We used to hear that Same Tail frum a certain
Kat & Wabbitt Meommee in New Messico! :p

We'll all say a Quick Purrayer that you and the puter
get some Divine Inspiration affore midnite!

Kat Tailz at MidNite, ebberbuddie!

Cinder & Smoke
01-09-2005, 11:37 PM
We didn't! :(
:o

Been sittin HERE hittin the "Reload" Button...
Wonderun where the CJ UppyDate was... :confused:

:mad:

We GOTTA teach da Hoomins to come back to the "Old" Thread
to Leave a Forwardin Address (*LINK*) when they
< Start a NEW Thread > ;)

I case you're *wonderin* where allua Peanut(s) & Cracker Jax
crowd went... LOOKIE Here >>>

Cracker Jack settles in (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=972189)

LOTSA New Pix and a Video!!

Barbara
01-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Hehehe- these are the sounds Filou makes now as he still thinks Tigris being sick brings bad vibes into the house:D

CJ is not very big- but VERY cute. And Peanut relaxing can give you some hope:)

catmandu
01-10-2005, 08:41 AM
One,of the miracles of the computer,is to beable,to see all your Cats,and Paenut,sooner,orlater,will amke friends,maybe Tubby Angel,can smooth things over!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
We didn't! :(
:o

Sorry Phred, I'll do better next time. :o ;)