PDA

View Full Version : QueenScoopalot!!!!

rg_girlca
01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
How is precious Georgie doing today.
Did you bring him in this morning for his PT?

How is the pain today for him?

How are you copeing with it all?

Continuing prayers and positives thoughts for this sweet boy.

QueenScoopalot
01-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi Lorraine, It's been a chaotic day around here with snow, seeing hubby off to Oklahoma, work, and trying to catch a much needed nap in between! Georgie is up in the bedroom for a while, and we've been doing some PT together everytime I go in to check on him. His legs tangle up under him more now, and when he shifts positions he cries. :( I went in to give him lots of kisses a few minutes ago and he was on the bed! All by himself (and with an E-collar on)! :eek: :eek: I've been gently aligning his feet, and worked a while on flexing the joints, and he tolerated it very well. He does NOT like them moved around when he's not relaxed. I'm trying to take it very slow so he doesn't get upset, and hurt more than he is already. But bless his little heart he's hanging in there. I came up with a PT idea (in the middle of the night, hence no sleep from 3 AM on):rolleyes: of taking a mans tank top style undershirt, and sewing velcro onto it around the neckline, and work it so it goes around his neck and front legs, but the bottom of the shirt will go between his hind legs to help his legs open more, and hopefully support weight. Too long a day to create it, but the idea in theory seems as though it may work well. Georgie was an angry little guy when I took the shirt and tried it out to get an idea of where to stitch etc. He wanted nothing to do with it! :eek: Dave's away, so Georgie will probably sleep in the bedroom cage free, but I'm a bit nervous about him jumping off the bed in the middle of the night. :( I do have crash pads next to the bed for Kirby, but am afraid Georgie will be doing some screaming if he tries jumping off. :( Inch by inch...and day by day.....;)

rg_girlca
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks Jan for the update.

Sounds like precious little Georgie is doing better today, in fact, better than you are doing obviously. Hang in there Jan, i'm sure it will get easier as each day goes by. I wish I was close by to help you out with this fella.

I can't believe that Georgie jumped up on the bed all by himself.:eek: What a fiesty little fella.

That t-shirt sounds like a good idea Jan. Now all we need to do is convince Georgie of that.:)

Prayers and positive thoughts still on the way.

More (((((HUGS))))) coming your way Jan.

Take care.

kimlovescats
01-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Glad to hear that Georgie is hanging in there! What a great and thoughtful mom you are to think of landing pads!!! ;)

Prairie Purrs
01-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Sounds like little Georgie is making fine progress--especially if he's up on the bed already! We'll have to see pictures of him in his custom t-shirt once that's ready. :D

It'll be a long road, I'm sure, but it'll be worth it if he can learn to use those legs. Kiss the little sweetie for me!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver
Sounds like little Georgie is making fine progress--especially if he's up on the bed already!

Just what I was thinking! Where there's a will there's a way, and we already know little Georgie has a strong will. :D

QueenScoopalot
01-06-2005, 07:06 PM
He has no problems using his claws to climb up the side of the bed...but I am worried about his wanting off! I made sure his claws weren't trimmed at the vets as he relies on them so. Before his surgery he'd meow at me next to the bed to pick him up onto it, and he'd leap off when he wanted down again. I think half the time he meowed at me when he saw my face snoozing away...silly boy He's very capable of getting up there. ;) I'm sure I'll be woken up by him jumping off despite the crash pads. Either that, or I'll be alert to his every move all night and lift him down lol!:rolleyes: He's got sooo many stitches in him, I don't know how doc's going to get them out in a week! :confused: :(

catmandu
01-07-2005, 08:51 AM
We are continuing,to pray,for Georgie,and we hope,that the Good Lord,heals him,and makes him a well Cat!

QueenScoopalot
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Thank you Gary...I'm hoping it will work too. ;)