PDA

View Full Version : Amber isn't well :(

Cazi
01-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I woke up this morning to find 6/7 piles of green/yellow bile and one mass of brown vomit on the bedroom carpet and Amber wasn't in sight.

She was in the kitchen laying on the floor feeling sorry for herself. That was at 6am this morning. She hasn't eaten or drunk anything since and she is very down in the dumps.

At lunch time today she was walking about a little hunched so I thought she may have stomach ache. I gently felt around her tummy, but she didn't flinch an inch.

She's due her second season anytime now and although she is a little swollen she hasn't developed what I would call a proper season.

As I work in a vets I'm going to wait and see how she does through the night then have a word in the morning.

I hope it's just a tummy bug 'cos I hate seeing my baby like this. This is the first time ever that she has refused to eat.

Poor baby:(

petslover
01-06-2005, 02:48 PM
You might want to take her to the vet ASAP!! Is she a puppy? If so it could be parvo. It sounds like it. Both Buster and CoCo and got Parvo when they were puppies and we took them offhand because we know how dangerous Parvo is. It doesn't take long for Parvo to kill a dog. I have had a few dogs that weren't so lucky when the parvo disease. Please consider taking her to the vet.

cali
01-06-2005, 02:50 PM
well if its her second season she is not a puppy lol I hope its just a tummy bug and she will be ok :(

petslover
01-06-2005, 02:51 PM
oh sorry! lol! I didn't read that part! The picture looks like a puppy so thats why I thought of Parvo Immediately! Give us an update on her. Hope all goes well!

Cazi
01-06-2005, 02:52 PM
She's 20 months old, has no diarrhoea and is vaccinated against Parvo so I think that is highly unlikely.

As I said, I'm going to monitor her through the night, if she deteriorates then I will give work a call.

Cazi
01-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by petslover
oh sorry! lol! I didn't read that part! The picture looks like a puppy so thats why I thought of Parvo Immediately! Give us an update on her. Hope all goes well!

No worries. In fact that 's reminded me to update my sig :D

BCBlondie
01-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Poor girl.. I hope she feels better soon!! :(

Is she coughing? Maybe it's kennel cough.. I remember Sesh threw up yellow/clear-ish stuff when he had kennel cough...

You need to post LOTS of updated pics of her!! I'm dying to see that beautiful girl of yours. :D

RobiLee
01-07-2005, 06:37 AM
I hope Amber is feeling better.

joycenalex
01-07-2005, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Cazi...I woke up this morning to find 6/7 piles of green/yellow bile and one mass of brown vomit on the bedroom carpet and Amber wasn't in sight....
She was in the kitchen laying on the floor feeling sorry for herself. That was at 6am this morning. She hasn't eaten or drunk anything since and she is very down in the dumps.At lunch time today she was walking about a little hunched so I thought she may have stomach ache. alex the wonder dog has had 2 bouts of pancreatitis with similar presentation, THIS IS SERIOUS and possibly life threatening. if she isn't better now, it's time for the vet, today. they'll do bloodwork(not cheap) and an exam .please let us know she is.

Cazi
01-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Cazi...I woke up this morning to find 6/7 piles of green/yellow bile and one mass of brown vomit on the bedroom carpet and Amber wasn't in sight....
She was in the kitchen laying on the floor feeling sorry for herself. That was at 6am this morning. She hasn't eaten or drunk anything since and she is very down in the dumps.At lunch time today she was walking about a little hunched so I thought she may have stomach ache. alex the wonder dog has had 2 bouts of pancreatitis with similar presentation, THIS IS SERIOUS and possibly life threatening. if she isn't better now, it's time for the vet, today. they'll do bloodwork(not cheap) and an exam .please let us know she is.

Yep, I know blood work isn't cheap - I work at a vets :D

Anyhow, Amber is much much better, thankfully.:)

Cazi
01-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Poor girl.. I hope she feels better soon!! :(

Is she coughing? Maybe it's kennel cough.. I remember Sesh threw up yellow/clear-ish stuff when he had kennel cough...

You need to post LOTS of updated pics of her!! I'm dying to see that beautiful girl of yours. :D

She wasn't coughing but, the really weird thing is, we took her food out of her bowl and placed it in another one and she ate a little. We put fresh water in another bowl and she drunk it? The only thing I can think of is that there must have been something in her old bowl that was putting her off. She's always been a little strange, must be the BC lol, but this has really perplexed me.

Still, at least she is better now.

I promise to post some updated pics soon :)

anna_66
01-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Glad to hear that the changing of the bowels help and she's doing better:D

petslover
01-07-2005, 11:15 AM
I am glad to hear that she is doing better too!

and yeah I like the updated siggy! :D