PDA

View Full Version : Please send special prayers for my mom

shutterbug0303
01-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for some special PT prayers for my mom. I’ll give you the “long/short” story…

When my dad was sick with cancer, my mom went from going a million miles a minute every day, to taking care of him, which meant mostly sitting next to him on the couch. In the 2 months that he was sick, my mom managed to develop a blood clot in her leg from the change in activity level. That happened during Martin Luther King Weekend of last year. A year later, she still has the blood clot in her leg…as a matter of fact, it has increase to TWO in her leg. Her blood pressure was through the roof at the time as well (I think something like 160/140). She has been on Coumadin (blood thinner), and a blood pressure medicine, along with some vitamins and iron supplements (she’s also anemic). Well, she hasn’t been feeling very good for the past week, so she went to the school nurse (she’s a teacher) today and they found her blood pressure has jumped from a normal level to 130/100. She is having severe headaches, and keeps saying she feels like she is having a stroke. She is off to the doctor at 4:00 today…and hopefully they will admit her to the hospital and get to the bottom of this! Just going through Christmas for the first time without my dad was bad enough…now this!!! I feel like my heart is jumping from my feet to my throat! She is only 45 and so super special! I couldn’t bear for anything to happen to her…nothing. Please send prayers and I’ll update as soon as I can. Thanks kindly... :( :(

Queen of Poop
01-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Prayers for you and your mom!! Please take care.

Jadapit
01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Sending prayers up for you and your mom!!

Jods
01-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Oh no!! Prayers and thoughts for you and your mom... Update ASAP!!!! :(

petslover
01-06-2005, 12:15 PM
oh gosh. I couldn't imagine that. Stay strong for your mom. The Good Lord will take care of her. Prayers in progress.

AmberLee
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
{{{hugs for you}}} and prayers for your mom. Any chance she could see a doctor earlier than this afternoon. This sounds serious, although I'm no expert...

shutterbug0303
01-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
{{{hugs for you}}} and prayers for your mom. Any chance she could see a doctor earlier than this afternoon. This sounds serious, although I'm no expert...

I wish that was the case, but she will not leave school early! She is so hard-headed and stubborn! lol I love her to pieces, but sometimes, I could kick her!

Tina
01-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

caseysmom
01-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Hope everything goes okay at the doctor this afternoon. Sending prayers your way.

Karen
01-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Prayers on their way for your mom. Psssst - tell the doc to lecture her a little about taking care of herself even if it means leaving early. She might listen more if it comes from a medical professional!

K9soul
01-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Prayers are definitely on the way for your mom, and you as well. That kind of worry and stress is not easy to deal with! Take care of yourself, and keep us updated. {{HUGS}} to you!

shutterbug0303
01-06-2005, 05:06 PM
* The Update *

Grrrr! That's all I have to say about these doctors! Never come to Myrtle Beach for any medical attention! Ok....well, she went to see her regular doctor, and he took her back, listened to her heart, and gave her sinus meds!!!!!!! No nose, ears, throat check! How in the &%$* does he know it's sinuses?!?!? What a quack! He said that if she still isn't feeling good by Monday, to come back and they will "look into it"! So, she's home, feeling worse than ever....and stuck until Monday. :mad:

jazzzytina
01-06-2005, 05:20 PM
your mom is in our prayers. You can also post prayers on a really neat website - http://www.christianet.com/cgi-bin/ministry.cgi?item=viewprayers. Lots of people pray for you there and it really has worked for me.

Blessings to you and healing for your mom,

Tina

luvofallhorses
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
oh no! :( thoughts and prayers from here in Montana for your mother {{{hugs}}} please take care.