PDA

View Full Version : Please hold my hand, my babies are at the vet

jazzcat
01-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Rocky and Rumor have gone in for their spay and neuter, or as my husband calls it, the "spaneuter".

I'm so nervous about it. I just got back from dropping them off and I already miss them so badly. They have to stay overnight and I'm going to worry the whole time.

They both cried so hard on the way over and looked at me so scared. WAAAH! I want my babies back now!

I have to go to my Dad's today to take him to the eye doctor and run some errands with him. Hopefully that will keep my mind off things but probably not.

Please keep my two little babies in your thoughts and prayers.

aguu
01-06-2005, 08:03 AM
They are both in my prayers...sweet fluffy babies. Don't worry they will be home before you know it!!

kimlovescats
01-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Oh Lori, I know how you feel .... but they will be just fine. Just think of it this way, they will be EXTRA lovey dovey and happy to see their mommy when they get home!!!!;)

((((HUGS)))))
Kim

jazzcat
01-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Well, first update. They just called to tell me the doctor discovered that Rumor has a few baby teeth that haven't fallen out and they want to extract them while she's under so she won't get food stuck in them and get an infection. Apparently they are stuck or something. I told them okay. Poor girl, she'll be sore at both ends.

Maybe that's why she chews on everything? I hope she'll stop because I live in fear that she will chew an electrical cord.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2005, 08:07 AM
awwww poor you!

I remember when I took Tinky in to be spayed.... it almost killed me...

{{HUGS}}

Your babies are going to be just fine... and it will give you a reason to give them some extra treats when they come home.:)

kimlovescats
01-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Oh, poor baby girl! That probably is why she is a chewer, and should take care of that! Hang in there mommy!;)

lynnestankard
01-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Oh Lori - keeping fingers and paws crossed for your babies. I'm sure their gonna be fine. The vet obviously gave them a thorough check - good work him/her!

They'll be home before you know it {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

catmandu
01-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Karina Angel,and George,have been dispatched,to make sure,that all is well,and that Rocky,and Rumor,are not afraid,of the White Coat Clinic!

DogLover9501
01-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Rocky and Rumor are in my thoughts!!

catnapper
01-06-2005, 08:41 AM
We always know they'll be fine, but still we worry. I'll hold your hand all day until you receive the phone call that says they have woken up and doing great.

They'll be a-ok at the white coats. Harry came through his a few weeks ago with flying colors and Abby will be having hers done in a week or so.

Killearn Kitties
01-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Good luck Rocky and Rumor! I'm sure that all will go well with the babies. I'm sure they will be very pleased to see meowmy tomorrow! :D

Jadapit
01-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Rocky and Rumor will be in my thoughts! I know it's hard not to worry but they will be fine and home with you soon!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
I agree with Catnapper. Even though we know it's a routine thing and they'll be home safe and sound before we know it, we still worry. Just means you're a good meowmy. :)

Is it possible for you to go visit them later? That might help ease your mind a bit.....

Hang in there and try and stay busy with your dad and errands.

Good luck you two little sweeties! :)

Jods
01-06-2005, 10:53 AM
They will both be in my thoughts today...

Barbara
01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Fingers and paws crossed for Rocky and Rumor:)

Poor Rumor girl, hope your little teeth will be ok too.

catfamily
01-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Rocky and Rumor are in good hands I'm sure.Prayers on the way.Keep busy.LOL:D ;)

Vio&Juni
01-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Paws and tails crossed here for your babies.

lizzielou742
01-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Awm, come home soon, R & R!!

rg_girlca
01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Lori, you held my hand when it was Poppy's turn, now I am holding yours to help you through your worry over Rocky & Rumor.
It's bad enough when we have one going through it, but poor you having two done at once, talk about double nerves.

Poor sweet Rumor though having to have her little teeth extracted at the same time.
I know everything is going to go very well and your little ones will be sleeping most of the night and will be anxiously waiting for you to pick them up tomorrow.

It's useless to say, "Not to worry" because I know you will.

Hang in there Lori, tomorrow will be here before you know it.

(((((HUGS))))) to you dear girl.

Twink
01-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Awww, poor babies. And poor meowmie! I really think it is harder on us than it is on them. I'm looking forward to hearing that they're home safe, sound and comfy. And maybe to seeing some shaved belly pictures of Rumor. ;)

As for the teeth thing, Rizzo had to have that done during his nueter, too. And we ALSO had him microchipped then. Poor cat was a mess. But, afterward, I never noticed him reluctant to eat or acting like his mouth hurt at all. I think baby-tooth extraction is pretty easy.

On a LESS positive note, it did absolutely nothing to lessen his proclivity to chew. I think he actually did get an electrical cord once. At least, I found one chewed down to the wire, and right around that same time, Rizz completely stopped acting interested in electrical cords of all kinds. Still chews everything else, though. Puppycat.

jazzcat
01-06-2005, 04:52 PM
UPDATE: They came through the surgery fine!!! YEAH!:D The vet called me about 2:30 and said they were did great and starting to wake up. She had to extract Rumor's two canine baby teeth but she is fine from it. Gee, that seems to be the trend around here, first Disney had her canine tooth removed two weeks ago and now poor Rumor. At least her's were just baby teeth, poor Disney's is gone forever.

I wanted to go by and see them before the office closed but I missed them by 10 minutes so I don't get to see my babies until tomorrow. I can pick them up around 10-11 am.

Thanks for the support everyone. I'll still be nervous and worry about them until they are home tomorrow but at least the worst is over.

Oh yeah, in case you all didn't know - I MISS MY BABIES!!!!:(

AmberLee
01-06-2005, 05:06 PM
~~~ healing vibes to dear little R&R! ~~~

I hope you can relax now, but your post does bring back memories of what a basket case I was when Cassy and Sassy were 'under the knife'. *wry grin*

kimlovescats
01-06-2005, 06:28 PM
YIPPEE.... I'm so glad that the worries are all over, Lori! They will sleep it off tonight, and be just fine when you pick them up in the morning! Get some sleep, honey, and get ready for some extra loving cuddle sessions with your babies!

(((HUGS)))
Kim;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2005, 08:34 PM
awwwww

so glad to hear everything went good... Now you need to go to the store and buy some yummy treats for your babies tomorrow when they get home!!:D

todd
01-06-2005, 09:37 PM
awwww

NoahsMommy
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm glad they are all done with thier surgeries and now will get to come home soon.

Please give then gentle kisses from me when you see them.

shais_mom
01-06-2005, 11:09 PM
poor little farts!!!
Positive thoughts on the way for them!!!
You and the "R's" are in my prayers!

catfamily
01-07-2005, 06:55 AM
I'm so glad the Surgerys went well.:D :D

GraciesMommy
01-07-2005, 07:30 AM
I know the feeling. I am taking Gracie next Friday and I have worried myself sick!! Let me know how it all goes..praying all goes really well~