PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

LorraineO
01-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Below is an email on another list I belong to from Jean Lucs AKA ajays foster mommy,,,, I couldnt help but think it was a bit of a jab at us ,, the last sentence of her email that is,,, so I replied on the list with my response,,, trust me,, its alot more polite then how I feel!!!!!! Do you think it was an appropiate answer on my part???

suzannes email....
Jean Luc is a foster dobie here with me (see files section) and he's
> been here about a month give or take... For the past week and a half
> he has been non-reactive toward other dogs on the other side of the
> fence (I have 2 fenced areas). Today he seemed to very much want to
> play with my girl Neysa and her play buddy Fonzie, so once Fonzie
> left to go home I opened the gate. With not a sound Jean-Luc and
> Neysa ran around the fenced area for about 10 minutes. Jean-Luc did
> not say a word to Neysa the entire time, was not "aggressive" in
> anyway, he just ran around with her and then totally ignored her for
> another 10 minutes to sniff around (her bum included)... Needless to
> say, as first believed Jean-Luc is able to live in a home with other
> dogs, he just needs time and patience, and love.
>
> -Suzanne-

My Response...
Well thats indeed great progress.... unfrotunatly here at our house ,, we
dont have the luxury of a fenced off area let alone 2 side by side fenced
areas for our dogs and JL to get used to eachother. Perhaps he could still
have been with us if we had the facilities you had suzanne..... We are very
happy to see he is calming down at last!

Lorraine

captain
01-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Diplomatic response ............. I think I read that last line the same way you did, but when I read it again I was not sure .........

So your response seems good to me ...:D

lute
01-05-2005, 08:39 PM
that was definatly a slam!

i think your response was good.:D

LorraineO
01-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Well lute,, on top of other things she has kind of implied to me in private,,, I thought it was a slam too when she took it to the list we rae on.. so I HAD to repsond,,, I thought it was so unfair of her to say stuff like that knowing how hard we tried,,,,,, granted,, we didnt have him long,, but t he set up of the house and the stress my dogs were under was unreal PLUS the fact one of us had to be in the room 24/7 with the dogs... it was awful!!... it couldnt go much past the week we had the boy,,, I still miss him but she says in another email on the list that he has a few applications for him.... YAY!!!

anna_66
01-06-2005, 09:00 AM
I know just how you feel Lorraine.

I once rescued a rottie from the shelter around here for one of the people on pt. She was supposed to go to a home the next day, but after I told her how she acted with my dogs (the rescue could have and probably would have killed one of my girls:() so the lady didn't want to take her since she had puppies in the house.
Anyway, long story short this dog ended up getting along with some of the other dogs in the shelter and I felt the same way. But she just didn't get along AT ALL with my dogs.
So I think it just all depends on the dogs.

I think your letter was perfect.

lute
01-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
Well lute,, on top of other things she has kind of implied to me in private,,, I thought it was a slam too when she took it to the list we rae on.. so I HAD to repsond,,, I thought it was so unfair of her to say stuff like that knowing how hard we tried,,,,,, granted,, we didnt have him long,, but t he set up of the house and the stress my dogs were under was unreal PLUS the fact one of us had to be in the room 24/7 with the dogs... it was awful!!... it couldnt go much past the week we had the boy,,, I still miss him but she says in another email on the list that he has a few applications for him.... YAY!!!
ic...that's great he has people intrested in him! i hope he finds his perfect home soon.

Jadapit
01-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Lorraine,
It sure seemed like she was taking a jab at you. I think your response back to her was perfect. I'm so gald he has some people looking at him.:)

Jods
01-06-2005, 11:17 AM
We were going to foster this dane named Bubba once and the woman told us he was great with cats... We wanted to foster him then adopt him... Didn't happen that way we just adopted him since she said he was great with cats he never even looked at them.So we brought him home and for the first few days he was great exept he wasn't housebroken and he was 4, but we could figure it out. Then all of a sudden he started going for the cats he was so big we couldn't take the chances of him hurting any of them. He got a hold of one of my grandmothers cats and really hurt it he started bleeding... We HAD to take him back I've never felt so bad in my entire life... I know we had to do it though.

You did the right thing you have to take care of the ones you have now they come first.