PDA

View Full Version : I went into labor last night...

Tonya
01-05-2005, 04:14 PM
A contraction woke me up last night at 1:44. I timed them for two hours, thinking that it was false labor. By then, they were 6 minutes apart and hurting pretty good, so I went in. My doctor recently quit, but she just happened to be the on call doctor at the hospital, so that was cool. She said that she didn't want to take the chance with Tyler. If she could slow my labor, she'd rather see him born in another week or two. They gave me shots twice to stop the contractions but they wouldn't stop. They eventually got down to 2 minutes apart and there was talk of flying us to a hospital that specializes in Intensive care to be safe. Then they gave me a pill and the contractions finally slowed down significantly. I'm still only dilated to a 1, so she sent me home. My water wouldn't break and I didn't dilate until late into labor with Jaden too, so I guess that is common for me. I am on super duper bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy and I have to take these pills to slow the contractions every 6 hours. I'm still feeling them but they aren't nearly as painful as they were.

So...if I disappear, you know why!

catnapper
01-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Its getting close! I'm so excited for you! Good luck and take care of yourself and baby Tyler!

caseysmom
01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
I am so excited for you Tonya...I hope your labor is an easy one.

cookieluver7
01-05-2005, 04:34 PM
That is exciting!!! Good luck to you and to your new baby!

Miranda_Rae
01-05-2005, 04:42 PM
OH!!! How exciting!!! I can't wait. He is coming a bit early, isn't he? I hope he is born healthy! :) BTW, the 21st is the day before my dad's birthday! :D Take it easy Tonya!

Jadapit
01-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Oh Tonya you take it easy and my thoughts will be with you and Tyler!!!:D

petslover
01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
wow, I'm excited for ya! Can't wait!

Jods
01-05-2005, 05:30 PM
YIPPPIE how exciting!!!!!!!!!! Take it easy get to bed!!

luvofallhorses
01-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I hope Tyler is born healthy sending positive vibes your way that he doesn't come too early :)

moosmom
01-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Tonya,

I'm so excited for you! Did the doctor say anything about Braxton Hix contractions?? That's usually what happens just before the real deal. But you already know that, right??? :p:p

Keep us posted!

Karen
01-05-2005, 06:12 PM
We'll be waiting!

NoahsMommy
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh my! You stay in bed and don't come out till that baby is cooked all the way. ;)

You'll be in my thoughts.

Tonya
01-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Tonya,

I'm so excited for you! Did the doctor say anything about Braxton Hix contractions?? That's usually what happens just before the real deal. But you already know that, right??? :p:p

Keep us posted!

Yeah, they weren't braxton hicks. They hooked me up to the belly monitors that show the contractions. They were strong and regular, and haven't quit at least since 1:45 am (it's 4:20 pm now). The Braxton Hicks are inconsistant, they don't have a pattern.

This medicine that I am on is normally for heart patients. I don't care for it, it gives me a headache and makes my heart beat fast. I almost feel like not taking it and just having the baby, but I know I need to stick it out at least another week.

RedHedd
01-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Take it easy; we'll wait. We'll miss you at the cat show this Sunday.

Lilith Cherry
01-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Take it easy Tonya!! I know it is hard staying in bed like that especially when you have Jaden wanting his mum. I spent the the last 3 months of my second pregnancy on bed rest but he was well worth it! Good luck and hope everything very smoothly and easily!

Miss Meow
01-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Oh my god, how exciting, scary, crazy all wrapped up in one!

Sending lots of good thoughts to you and Tyler :)

AmberLee
01-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Yow. Take care; you and the little guy are in our thoughts and prayers!

manda_moo87
01-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh boy! :D Take care Tonya, we're all anxiously awaiting the birth of little Tyler!

kimlovescats
01-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Hold in there a bit longer if you can, baby Tyler!!! Good luck, Tonya .. how exciting!!!:D

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Tonya, take care. We all want you to have a healthy baby boy.:)

luckies4me
01-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Tonya, I am so very excited for you! I cannot wait to see this precious little boy of yours. Such a sweet little man he is going to be. Stay strong and try to hold on for one more week. We are all praying for you!

~Cass

popcornbird
01-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Good luck Tonya!!! Can't wait till your precious baby boy arrives!

Christiansmommy
01-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
Yeah, they weren't braxton hicks. They hooked me up to the belly monitors that show the contractions. They were strong and regular, and haven't quit at least since 1:45 am (it's 4:20 pm now). The Braxton Hicks are inconsistant, they don't have a pattern.

This medicine that I am on is normally for heart patients. I don't care for it, it gives me a headache and makes my heart beat fast. I almost feel like not taking it and just having the baby, but I know I need to stick it out at least another week.

What is the name of the meds? (if they are with in arms reach to read, wouldn't want you to get out of bed to read them :)) I had to take Procardia, with Christian. At around 30-32 weeks, i had excessive Braxton Hicks, like 8 an hour (at one point), they weren't painful, just uncomfortable...so they put me on Procardia until i was 36/37 weeks...thay also gave me a shot to slow them, in the hospital, and then the meds were for home...i ended up having Christian 10 days early.

Anyway, prayers for you and the baby that he stays in there as long as possible. Put those feet up and rest, b/c once he is born, you will wish for that extra sleep ;) Congrats, can't wait to see pics, once he is born!

Robyn

lynnestankard
01-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Tonya - keep in that bed young lady!!! xxx

All the rest and sleep you get now is going to be doing you so much good. Tell Tyler to hang on in there just a tad longer - he's not finished yet!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

GraciesMommy
01-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Do what the doc says....we want him to stay put as long as he needs to!

mina'smomma
01-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Good Luck Tonya, I'll keep you and the baby in my prayers.

Boy Jaden must be getting really excited now.

lbaker
01-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Maybe Tyler "saw" what his room is going to look like and got all excited ;) you can still read to Jaden and tell him magic stories I guess so let him help you by bringing you some of his special "stuff".

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
WOW ... how exciting..

Not much longer till baby boy Tyler is here....

stay in bed and take care....:D :D :D

DogLover9501
01-06-2005, 08:23 AM
How exciting :D

Get lots of rest ;)

pitc9
01-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Ahhhhh!!
Take it easy Tonya!!!

ramanth
01-06-2005, 08:46 AM
How exciting! Now you just take it easy. :D

Cataholic
01-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Jonah says,

STAY IN BED! I WANT BABY TO BE B-I-G! LIKE ME!!!

:D

Tonya
01-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
What is the name of the meds? (if they are with in arms reach to read, wouldn't want you to get out of bed to read them :)) I had to take Procardia, with Christian. At around 30-32 weeks, i had excessive Braxton Hicks, like 8 an hour (at one point), they weren't painful, just uncomfortable...so they put me on Procardia until i was 36/37 weeks...thay also gave me a shot to slow them, in the hospital, and then the meds were for home...i ended up having Christian 10 days early.

Anyway, prayers for you and the baby that he stays in there as long as possible. Put those feet up and rest, b/c once he is born, you will wish for that extra sleep ;) Congrats, can't wait to see pics, once he is born!

Robyn

The shots were something that starts with a T. The pills I am taking are called Nifedipine. I've got "stuff" coming out of me now though. I just called the doctor again, he wants me to come in and check my cervix. I don't think that medicine is slowing the contractions enough.

Jods
01-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh Tonya!! I wish you all the best...