PDA

View Full Version : im so Paranoid

sammy101
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Im really paranoid when i take Kodie for a walk.Yesterday there was a a black dog about the same size as Kodie,except 30 lbs lighter,and he didnt have a collar.I always get so scared whe ntheres a loose dog,b/c what if the dog attacks Kodie,and no one else is there to help me!?and Kodie wont defend himself,he's definently not a fighter and probably would'nt even try to defend himself.even though he's all muscle,he wont:rolleyes: .So i had to walk all the way around onto a street,and i didnt get back on the walkway.
im always so scared of Kodie getting attacked.I've had bad experiences with my RB dal b/c she was aggressive with other dogs,and she has attacked a few dogs.thats partly why im so paranoid of loose dogs.but i dont mind the small dogs,there usually dont do anything,or they'll runaway from us:p
Is anyone else paranoid about this?:( i just cant seem to get over it:(

Lexi_Lover
01-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Theres nothign more scary then having one of your best pals being hurt, I become paranoid when other dogs come aroudn Lexi, she is dog aggresive and I don't want the dogs to start a fight! It scares me that she could one day get into a fight and come out the loser...I'm frightened for her and other dogs!

She is very little and she won't even back down from a King Shepherd or 2 howling beagles! :p

Its also the fact that the dog could be a stray and not have rabies or other health protection shots, for all we know that dog could have eaten a wild animal that had rabies, never go near a dog or any animal for that matter with a frothing mouth!

Its best to take the safe route! Keep clear and be aware!

K9soul
01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't know if this will be any comfort to you, but it's probably a GOOD thing that Kodie won't fight if he is attacked. He'd have much more chance of getting hurt if he did fight I think. I think it's rare that a dog would continue attacking another dog that is yielding and not fighting back. If it ever did happen, one of the first things I'd do probably is drop the leash so his movements weren't restricted. As far as just the fear of it, I understand that is harder, especially if you have had experiences that triggered it. Perhaps others will have more advice for you. :)