PDA

View Full Version : I hate this weather

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Look below at our next tuesday in bold!!!!! :mad:
A high of 76!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love cold weather.. :mad: :mad: but I guess Georgia won't be getting any this year...
I don't even want to know how hot and muggy it will be this summer!!!
Thu
Jan 06
PM Showers 66°/42° 30 %
Fri
Jan 07
Mostly Cloudy 60°/50° 20 %
Sat
Jan 08
Showers 66°/51° 40 %
Sun
Jan 09
Partly
Cloudy 72°/46° 10 %
Mon
Jan 10
Partly
Cloudy 74°/49° 10 %
Tue
Jan 11
Partly Cloudy 76°/47° 10 %
Wed
Jan 12
Mostly Cloudy 75°/43° 10 %
Thu
Jan 13
Scattered Showers 70°/45° 30 %
Fri
Jan 14
Showers 68°/40° 60 %

CountryWolf07
01-05-2005, 12:17 PM
The weather has been WACKY for us all in the US! So I find that weird.

Jadapit
01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Hmmmm the weather has been crazy all ovet this year! It makes you wonder what is going on it does me anyway.;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't understand you guys whining about the warm weather! That's exactly what we were looking for the last two weeks while we were in Texas, and we never found it!

Waaahhhh...I want warm weather......;) :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-05-2005, 12:54 PM
BOOOOOO WARM WEATHER ;)

I love the cold... and Georgia only gets a few months out of the year...

someone is robbing me of my January cold weather... and when I find them i'm gonna bust their chops!! :eek: :D :p ;)

K9soul
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
It's 3 degrees F here right now. I wouldn't mind some of that warmer weather swinging by here ;)

lovemyshiba
01-05-2005, 01:27 PM
I know what you mean. I've been waiting for a snowstorm for a while now--just one big storm so I can watch the dogs have fun in the snow outside, and I can go out and play with them too. I want to build a snowman so Kito can pee on it;)

Today we're getting ice, but it doesn't seem too bad. My yard is nothing but mud from all of this rain and warmer than normal temps--next Wed our high is supposed to be 64!!! In Pennsylvania!!!

We've only turned our heat on a couple of times so far this year.
I guess we're saving $$$ on heating bills, but I want the snow!!!!!!!:p

Queen of Poop
01-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Our weather is cold in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yesterday our High was -17oC, low was -26.5oC
Wednesday, High -5oC, Low -9oC
Thursday, High -7oC, Low -26oC
Friday, High -20oC 70% chance of snow, Low -29oC

I am tired of being cold.

Kfamr
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
It's very depressing. It's in the 80's right now.

BCBlondie
01-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I don't understand you guys whining about the warm weather! That's exactly what we were looking for the last two weeks while we were in Texas, and we never found it!

Waaahhhh...I want warm weather......;) :D
DITTO!!!!!! I want the sun and warmth back!! :(

It's 50F right now here in Cali where I am. It's supposed to be from the low 40's to low 50's here for the next week, with lots of rain and showers.. *sighs* :(

jazzcat
01-05-2005, 01:55 PM
I know what you mean, it's like spring here in east TN. I saw on the news last night that they are starting to close the ski slopes in Gatlingburg because it's been staying in the 60s here and they can't even make snow. They're down to one slope and said from the weather forcast it will be closed soon.

I thought it was very unusual weather but I saw where I record high was 72 degrees and that was last year so I guess this is becoming the norm. We never have much snow are cold weather any more.

pitc9
01-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Here in North East Ohio we've had a few good snow falls, but then the past few days it's been in the 40's and 50's.
Now it's right around freezing and all day today, and tomorrow we are having a "Wintery Mix" of Rain, freezing rain, ice and snow. Everytime I look out the window it's doing something different! Right now it's freezing rain, but before I went to lunch it was snowing!! I don't mind it, but I wish it was ALL snow!!!:D

lisalee
01-05-2005, 08:50 PM
I hear ya! Well, we haven't been as mild as some of you but we've been close to 50 too often for me in Jan! I love snow and I only have seen it two brief times. Today it's at least back in the 30's with some wet snow/sleet and feels a little more like Jan. :)

carole
01-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Well folks it is mean't to be summer in NZ, December was the worst month, weather wise we have had in 60 years, last summer was hardly worth mentioning, and it appears again we have missed summer all-together, today it is a little humid, but not hot and raining again, all it seems to do is rain here these days, and lots of wind as well, wishing for even a sneak preview of what summer used to be like in NZ, now I am not one for the hot weather, but this is even too miserable for me.:(

NoahsMommy
01-05-2005, 11:24 PM
That is so wierd. Its been freezing (almost literally) over here. Last night was in the low 30s...when I went to my car in the a.m. there was frost on everything...its 44 degrees right now, but will drop back to 35 degrees tonight.

All I can say is BRRRRR!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jods
01-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Its cold here in Canada, but no snow on the ground where I am!!! How wierd is that?? We're getting an ice storm tonight though so I'm keeping my ingers crossed.

cali
01-05-2005, 11:42 PM
I dont understand this complaiing about warm wheather either. over here in my city yesterday only 2 places on EARTH were colder then we were, that was Keylake, SK and Siberia. :eek: we have several feet of snow, and I have to wear thick mittins just to open the door for the dogs to go out, Blair goes outside and comes back in on 3 legs because he feet could not stand the ground for more then 2 minutes. perky will not go outside without her jacket and boots, and she has to share her jacket and boots with Misty because its too cold for her even. as far as I am concerned you have nothing to complain about lol

mei
01-05-2005, 11:54 PM
It snowed yestereven in Beijing

It is the second snow this winter

And it is very quirkiness that the winter have delayed one month

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I want the warm weather to come back. I'm tired of the 40-50 degree rainy weather. It may even snow this weekend in the Santa Cruz mountains.

popcornbird
01-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

someone is robbing me of my January cold weather... and when I find them i'm gonna bust their chops!! :eek: :D :p ;)

We Californians have been robbing you of your January weather. :p I think this is the COLDEST winter we've had in ages. BRRRR............ Even my cousins visiting from Chicago thought it was cold here. My cousin actually used two thick blankets at night. I found that really funny because they came to visit us from a MUCH colder place.

I do love the cold though, but the rain is getting a little too much. Want our rain? I'll send it over, but I'd like to keep the cold weather for awhile. ;) I like it when its cold and sunny at the same time.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Want our rain? I'll send it over,

NO THANKS...
We got PLENTY of rain a couple of months ago when those crazy hurricanes came through..:eek:

cloverfdx
01-06-2005, 07:59 AM
I think the whole world has gone mad. It is the middle of Summer here, we have the heaters on and it has been very cold all Summer Bleh. Wahhhhhh....I want my summer :(.

Lillycat
01-06-2005, 08:47 AM
i want warmer weather.....w/a tad of sun.....so i can take jonah for walks like grammys are supposed to do!!!

Logan
01-06-2005, 08:50 AM
As much as I love the "cold" air (especially when I can sit in front of the fireplace or snuggle under the electric blanket), I have to say I'm enjoying this "springlike" weather we're getting. Sara, my power bills are horrible in winter when it's cold, so I like the fact that the furnace isn't having to run as much. Something tells me that old man winter is not finished with us yet, though, and we'll get a jolt of cold weather in the coming weeks. I just hope that the fruit trees don't get confused and start blooming too early!

Logan

dukedogsmom
01-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cali
I dont understand this complaiing about warm wheather either. over here in my city yesterday only 2 places on EARTH were colder then we were, that was Keylake, SK and Siberia. :eek: we have several feet of snow, and I have to wear thick mittins just to open the door for the dogs to go out, Blair goes outside and comes back in on 3 legs because he feet could not stand the ground for more then 2 minutes. perky will not go outside without her jacket and boots, and she has to share her jacket and boots with Misty because its too cold for her even. as far as I am concerned you have nothing to complain about lol
You would understand it if you lived here. We get horribly hot weather and bad humidity for at least 8 months out of the year. Now we're not even getting any cold weather now, either. It totally sucks. It's so bad later in the year that you can be out for about 10 minutes and be soaked with sweat. I wish we'd get some cold weather before our hell on earth comes back.

K9soul
01-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I can sure understand what you're saying Val. Too much of anything can get old. Too much rain, too much drought, too much snow and cold, too much heat and sun. A balance and some variation are always good :). I don't want your whole 80 degrees, but if you could send about 20-30 degrees up north, I wouldn't complain :D

smokey the elder
01-06-2005, 02:26 PM
I have yet to see the sun in 2005.:( I am so SICK of grey, gloomy weather!

carole
01-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Well its another rainy day in NZ, a bit humid, but not exactly what you would call hot,but we have a slight sub-tropical feeling in the air, Jan and Feb are usually the hottest months in NZ, the forecast is for you guessed it more rain, one good side to it all the farmers down south are saving at least 10,000 dollars a month in irrigation, few years back they were fighting fires and droughts, I guess we humans are never happy, but yes it would be nice to see a little bit of summer in NZ for a change, our tourists are packing their bags and leaving, and not many people are attending our swimming venues,not good for their business.

My family are off to the beach this weekend, and its going to rain, rain, and rain, GRRR....ah well lets be thankful, at least we are not facing what the poor people are with the distastrous tsunami.

prechrswife
01-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Sarah, I know EXACTLY what you mean! I'm not a big cold weather fan, and our current weather is my favorite kind, but it's January! It is supposed to be cold. I feel really funny teaching my PreK children songs about cold January weather and having snowflakes and mittens on my calendar when it's in the upper 70's outside. I did just look at weather.com and saw that next Saturday (the 15th) the high is only supposed to be 58 degrees. Maybe we'll finally get some January weather.

Desert Arabian
01-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Sarah, come to Wisconsin then! It's 10 degrees right now with a really nice windchill below zero. We got a fresh powdery 10 inches of snow this morning- should have seen the size of the snowflakes- HUGE! :p 76 degrees sounds pretty nice to me, sick of bundling up like an eskimo everyday!! Hehe.

cali
01-07-2005, 12:40 AM
oh I know what hot weather is like, I get the extremes of both sides here, we get the extreme cold AND the extreme heat. I know what its like to step outside and burn your feet, and start sweating within minuts, and I know what its like to step outside and get frostbite in the first 2 minutes. the cold is all I complain about though lol the really hot muggy days suck, but at least I can go out, and do things and hand out with my friends, when the weather is this cold you cant do any of that. I cant even go in my own basement without freezing, and I need both Misty and Ripley's cuddling up to me at night to keep me warm. trust me, it sucks! lol however I doubt the people complaining about how they want cold, want the extreme cold I have right now lol

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
You would understand it if you lived here. We get horribly hot weather and bad humidity for at least 8 months out of the year. Now we're not even getting any cold weather now, either. It totally sucks. It's so bad later in the year that you can be out for about 10 minutes and be soaked with sweat. I wish we'd get some cold weather before our hell on earth comes back.

AMEN..

It gets sooo muggy here in the summer, spring .. and fall sometimes too... you can't do anything to cool off. As soon as you step outside you start sweating.. and you feel all dirty.

All i want is for the weather to be cold in the few winter months that we have. And it is possible to bundle up and get warm ... where it is impossible to strip down to cool off... and personally I prefer big comfy winter clothes.. to shorts and short sleved summer clothes...;)

RobiLee
01-07-2005, 06:55 AM
I am so tired of our weather also. Nothing but rain and flooding everywhere!!! I feel so bad for those that are dealing with the flood waters.

I'm also very tired of constantly trying to dry the dogs off when they come in. Our yard is a mess!

Robin :)

carole
01-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Ya know they talk about global warming, in our case it has been global cooling, sounds like the weather is haywire worldwide, that is telling us something, not so good, a huge iceberg was found closer to NZ than ever before, that is another not good sign, it means the sea level is going to rise, and we all know what that means, it is kinda scarey to me.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by carole
it is kinda scarey to me.

It is to me also...

Tonya
01-07-2005, 02:07 PM
It is super windy and rainy here today. Dusty and Roxy are laying in the middle of the wet lawn napping. They don't want to come inside. :confused:

cali
01-07-2005, 08:48 PM
ok scratch that, we were not the 3rd coldest place on eath on tuesday, we were either first or second. my dad said keylake only hit -50*C we hit -52*C but he said he does not know anything about Siberia lol

kimlovescats
01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
BOOOOOO WARM WEATHER ;)

I love the cold... and Georgia only gets a few months out of the year...

I know exactly what you mean, Sara! We hardly ever get really cold weathers here in TN either. Seems the past few have been unseasonably warm! I think the Global Warming thing is really causing this! :(

carole
01-08-2005, 01:44 AM
NEWSFLASH, summer sought of sneaked in downunder, it was still very windy but the sun appeared and stayed out most of the day, it was a bit humid though, but we are all hopeful here.

CalliesMom
01-08-2005, 05:52 AM
I'm a very disappointed girl right now. When we were in CA, it was cold and even snowed a little where we were at. I spoke with my mother today and it snowed again, I come home and it's in the high 60's. I just wished I lived somewhere where we had true seasons! I miss some snow.... :D

cloverfdx
01-09-2005, 07:47 AM
I have lost all hope for a Summer now :(. We are going for a measly 26 degree's today, and 34 degree's on tuesday with rain in the evening, then the temp is dropping right back for the rest of the week.

Wahhhhhhh ;).