PDA

View Full Version : I was in hysterics over this last night...

Samantha Puppy
01-05-2005, 09:01 AM
MILLERSVILLE, Md. -- Someone brutally attacked, slashed and almost killed a dog in Anne Arundel County and police are trying to figure out who would do such a thing.

WBAL-TV 11 News reporter Lowell Melser said the dog was found Monday morning with its throat cut. His rescuers call him Clyde and police want to find the people responsible for his attack.

"It's a life. Just because it's a dog doesn't mean we don't care," said Anne Arundel County police Sgt. Shawn Urbas. "We do care because a lot of people, including myself and many members of this police department, consider pets a member of the family so we want to find who did this and they'll be charged accordingly when we do."

Police said it was Monday morning when a staff member found a bloody belt in the parking lot of Baldwin Methodist Education Center in Crownsville. A trail of blood was also found that led across the parking lot into a fielded area.

Police investigated and found nothing until the woman who found Clyde called animal control.

"I knew it had to be rushed to the vet," said Ken Roy from the Anne Arundel County Animal Control office. "It appeared to be somewhat scared and it was actually still a little bit friendly when I came up to it."

"We treat some pretty serious lacerations from time to time and this probably one of the worst ones I've seen," said veterinarian Dr. Gene Bauer.

The dog was rushed to the Bay County Veterinarian Hospital with a 9-centimeter cut to its neck. It had also lost a lot of blood.

"He was treated pretty aggressively for shock and blood loss," said Bauer. "(He) was taken quickly to surgery so we could repair the wound."

The surgery was a success. But officers admit they will have a hard time catching the people responsible. They will be passing out flyers containing what they know and if police find who did it, they face animal cruelty charges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0105/4049016.jpg

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0105/4049019.jpg

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0105/4049061.jpg

Look at this poor pup. Is he not gorgeous? I know that there will be no shortage of good homes opening their hearts to him once he's able to leave the hospital but what kind of monster would do this to an animal? I literally was in hysterics over this last night - my husband thought I was nuts... until I made Samantha turn her head to look at him and asked how he'd feel if something like this happened to her. He got the point.

I hope there is a special ring of Hell for people (scum) who would raise their hand against an innocent animal. It's times like these I wish I were smart enough to be a lawyer... I'd be the first animal rights lawyer and take down anyone who abused animals.

Queen of Poop
01-05-2005, 10:04 AM
That is just awful. Prayers for Clyde have been said. I just can't find the words for those who committed this assault.

Jadapit
01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh that poor sweet dog! I will NEVER understand how someone could do such a thing. The person that did that has to be some kind of monster!!!:mad:

Jods
01-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Poor little guy... I agree with you there will be tons of people wanting to adopt him. I hope they find the person or people who did this and they shoud get attempted murder, just beacuse it isn't a human they tried to kill doesn't mean they shouldn't get punished that way.:(

dukedogsmom
01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
That last pic of his eyes just kills me. Look how sad they are. I say we form a lynch mob and send the scum responsible for this straight to hell! I'd love to give them a head start. I can't express my true feelings here or I'd be banned.

caseysmom
01-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't understand why this crap is not a felony.

Fett
01-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Probably because they don't count crimes against animals on the same level as they count crimes against human beings.

But on a happier note, last time Kim and I were at the Bark Park, we met a happy, playful dog there whose owners said it was found on the streets of Detroit with it's throat slit. So, in a case just like this one, the dog ended up in a good home. This one hopefully will too. :)

wolflady
01-05-2005, 01:30 PM
I agree, I can't imagine why on earth anyone would do that to an animal. It's really sad that there's scum like this walking the earth and getting away with torture. I think animal abuse needs to inflict more serious punishments. I hope that a$$hole that did this is caught and punished.

On a more positive note, I agree with Fett. Hopefully Clyde will find a wonderful home as a result of this terrible act. He certainly has a sweet soul...you could tell by his sad eyes.
**hugs** and prayers for Clyde

catnapper
01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
OMG... I'd be in a blind rage if that was my dog! What possesses someone to do such a thing?

Pit Chick
01-05-2005, 05:51 PM
If the person(s) that did this aren't caught by the law, they have been caught in God's eyes. Karma is a biatch!!

I do hope Clyde finds a good home. What bothers me is that this one dog will have many many people wanting to adopt, whether they want to or not. If there are that many people that want this one animal because of his story, why don't they adopt some of the other animals at the shelter?

Karen
01-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Hopefully whoever owned Clyde before will come forward - it could be that he HAS a home, but somehow got seperated from it. If it is his former owners who did this, perhaps neighbors will recognize him and come forward.

Samantha Puppy
01-10-2005, 07:20 AM
UPDATE:

There have been arrests!!!

Here is the story:

Pet Owner's Ex Allegedly Slashed Dog's Throat For Revenge
Two Men Arrested

POSTED: 7:24 am EST January 10, 2005
UPDATED: 8:13 am EST January 10, 2005

Anne Arundel County police arrested two men in connection with the attack of a dog last week.

Police said the men slashed the throat of a Labrador-German shepherd mix because they were trying to get back at one of the men's ex-girlfriend.

Authorities have charged Robert Grim and George Treas, both of Pasadena, have been charged with felony animal cruelty.

Witnesses said they saw the men pulling the dog by what appeared to be a belt into a van. A bloody belt was found near where the dog, named Casper, was discovered.

A veterinarian said Casper suffered a 9-centimeter gash across his neck. He is still being treated and donations are being accepted to cover his medical expenses. Donations should be sent to:

Anne Arundel County Police Foundation
8495 Veterans Highway
Millersville, Md. 21108
Attn: Sergeant Urbas

They request all donations should have the words "Animal Control donation" in the memo section of the check.

Police said Grim was also charged with heroin possession. If convicted, both men face up to 3 years in prison.

Pit Chick
01-10-2005, 09:15 AM
:DWOOO HOOOO!!! :D

My Peanuts
01-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Poor Casper! :( I'm so glad they found the people who did this to him. I hope they pay for what they did. :mad:

Kristl
01-17-2005, 10:26 PM
sometimes I just really hate people. The poor dog and he still looks so sweet!!:mad: :( :mad: :(