PDA

View Full Version : Gracie and Gabriel at the vets today

catlover4ever
01-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Well it's the big day for the both of them. Gracie will be spayed and Gabriel will be neutered.

Gabe's surgery will be a little different from a normal neutering. Gabe is cryptorchid, his testicles never decended and they are still up in the abdominal area, therefore he will have his lower belly opened for the removal. Even though this condition usually renders the male cat sterile it was recommended that I still neuter him so the testicles don't get hung up with any other organs.

I am so lucky to have such wonderful vets. They said it would be no problem for Gabe to stay with Gracie until tomorrow. He feels so much safer when his sister is around.

Please keep them in your prayers. Thanks.

Laura's Babies
01-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Awwwww! It is so hard to believe that they are old enough for this already!! Good luck to them today and may it go without a glitch! It has to be so sweet having a pair of litter mates. I envy you!

catmandu
01-05-2005, 08:34 AM
And The Found Cats,are sending George Angel,on his first assignment,to watch over George,and Gracie,to make sure,hat all is well.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Good luck to the monkeys! I'm so glad they're letting Gabe stay with Gracie. Such an understanding vet. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Good luck to Gracie and Gabriel!! Don't worry, they way be up and around in no time!!

Jods
01-05-2005, 09:44 AM
My thoughts will be with you and those to Angels today and the rest of the week for their recovery... :)

jazzcat
01-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Oh Meg, I'll hold your hand today and you can hold mine tomorrow. R&R are going in tomorrow for their "spaneuter" as Richard calls it. Poor Gabe, having to have the extra surgery. Prayers and crossed paws here that everything goes well. I'll be watching for updates on G&G.

((HUGS))

catlover4ever
01-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Just got an update....they are both doing just fine. Gabe will stay in the same kennel as his sister until I pick them up tomorrow.

I guess everyone is in love with these two.....but then what's not to love (OK, OK I'm biased). They say they look just like twins. The staff said that Gabe's eyes (or lack of them) make him "oh so adorable". I could not agree more!!!!!

Thanks for all the support.

jazzcat
01-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm so glad they came through it with no problems. They'll just sleep it off tonight and be ready for their meowmie tomorrow.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Awww....they all sound so sweet at your Vet's office. :D I'm so glad to hear everything went well. Like Lori says, they'll just be sleeping it off tonight and will be ready and rarin' to get home tomorrow. :D

QueenScoopalot
01-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
Just got an update....they are both doing just fine. Gabe will stay in the same kennel as his sister until I pick them up tomorrow.

I guess everyone is in love with these two.....but then what's not to love (OK, OK I'm biased). They say they look just like twins. The staff said that Gabe's eyes (or lack of them) make him "oh so adorable". I could not agree more!!!!!

Thanks for all the support.
Meg..my day's been so chaotic, I finally am able to catch up here for a moment before I'm out the door again. So glad the Monkeys did well, and will be allowed to stay together. And I have to agree that Gabriel's little teeny eyes make him look extra charming for some reason. What no pictures?? :confused: :confused: :D Give them both lots and lots of kisses when they come home tomorrow just for me!! ;)

catfamily
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Hope all goes well with Gracie and Gabriel.I'm sure everything will be fine.Prayers on the way.I'm so happy you have them.They really needed you guys and your loving home.

NoahsMommy
01-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Aww! I'm glad they are all done with thier sir-jury and are getting lots of attention at the white coats. :)

Give them gentle kisses when you see them.

kimlovescats
01-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Meg, I am so happy to hear that the babies did well with their surgeries and especially that they get to be together!!! That is wonderful! Can't wait to hear that they are home and feeling fine again!

Kim;)

rg_girlca
01-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm glad to hear that everthing went well for the babies.

That is so sweet that they are allowing them to be together tonight.:)