PDA

View Full Version : Eeewww...Gag... Sputter!

catnapper
01-05-2005, 07:27 AM
I caught hubby this morning... using my TOOTHBRUSH! :eek: OMG... I am so upset over this little fact. He said "This is my toothbrush." I said, "No, its MY toothbrush." I believe in equal rights and 50/50 of everything, but sharing my tootbrush? I draw the line! Since I bought the toothbrushes in question, I know who should be using which toothbrush.

Now the toothbrushes were these colors: light grey with dark silver accents, and LAVENDER with silver accents. Now hubby claims the light grey toothbrush was feminine looking so he thought the "purple" one was his. I was like, ummm... thats LAVENDER, which most people think is more feminine than light grey.

What gets me is he went away for the weekend a month or so ago and I packed his light grey toothbrush. When he came home, he unpacked his light grey toothbrush. Didn't he think anything of it when he had to use what he considered "Kim's toothbrush" for the weekend?

I can't wait to run to the store today to buy new toothbrushes for both of us. I'm thinking Blue for him and Pink for me. Do you think he'll get that wrong? :rolleyes:

Barbara
01-05-2005, 07:32 AM
My first thoughts were that lavender and light grey are much too close for any man;) Yes I'd go for pink and blue.

But allthough we have two toothbrushes I don't think using the others one time is too bad.

I kiss him too;)

catnapper
01-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Well, you have a point... but funny thing is, hubby is actually great with colors. Sometimes he's off on the reds, but for the most part, he's right on. And the two toothbrushes are VERY different in looks. One is almost solid (the Lavender one) because the Lavender and grey are close in darkness, and the other ones is definately two-toned. The light grey is very light, almost white and the dark silver is almost a charcoal grey color. How he could think that was feminine is beyond me! :rolleyes:

Kiss my husband? Ewwww... thats worse than using his toothbrush! :D :p ;)

cubby31682
01-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Ewwwww. My hubby is color blind so I have had this problem. I always keep a spare tooth brush just in case this happens. Right now he has a green one and I had a purple one. He went and got me an electrc tooth brush for Christmas. Then late last week he said that he has gotten both tooth brushes mixed up since we got them. Even more ewwww.

When we use to buy tooth brushes I always made sure he was there so he could tell me which colors he can tell the differance between.

Laura's Babies
01-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Ewww! Ewwww! Spit! Spit! Mike explained to me that men do not notice color schemes and such.. Like he said, how many men have you seen walk into a bedroom and say "this color scheme just doesn't work for me?" (this topic came up when he was looking at stuff to make him a blanket and I told him the colors were all wrong)

Maybe if you could tape his to a screw driver or some sort of tool?? :rolleyes:

pitc9
01-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Maybe we should e-mail Craftsman and tell them they should make tooth brushes with handles on them that look like screw drivers!!! Then maybe they would have an easier time making sure they use the correct one!!:D

I always have red or orange. He gets what ever I buy for him!:p

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-05-2005, 08:44 AM
I ALWAYS buy dark blue for bernard. No discussion possible! Since I am using an electric brush, it is even easier, as he hates those electric brushes :rolleyes: :D Yippie!!

BCBlondie
01-05-2005, 11:13 AM
LOL!!

That reminds me of something my sister did once...
My sister is a sleep-walker/talker. She used to sleep in my parents' room and had a bed of her own (this was somewhat recently... not when she was a baby). One night, she got up in the middle of the night and walked into the bathroom, and started brushing her teeth... LOL Then, she finally 'woke up' from her sleep-walking and realized, "Why am I brushing my teeth?? And WHY am I using MOM'S toothbrush??? :eek: "

mina'smomma
01-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey Kim,

Get him a Spiderman toothbrush, and yourself a pretty pink one. Then he will get the hint.:D :D

RICHARD
01-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Color suggestion???

Blue for him....

Hidden for you!!;)

caseysmom
01-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Our home is perfect for non-newlyweds...our vanities are physically separate and we both have separate walk in closets...of cours his is much smaller than mine:D

cfuh
01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
I was going outta town and so I let my friends from out of town use my apartment. I come home to find a note with $5 attached...it said thanks for letting us use your place and oh by the way, here's money to buy yourself a new toothbrush, my husband accidentally used it. :eek: :eek: Apparently, he thought it was his wife so he just picked it up (guess they didn't have a problem using each others). But when he asked his wife if the toothbrush was hers, she said no. Their grandma was with them as well, so he asked her, and she of course declared no. I'm just happy they told me before I started using my own toothbrush!!! :) :)

jazzcat
01-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Ewww. Not something I like to share.

catland
01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
LOL - I have a pink toothbrush - something about the color pink that makes men run for the exits.;)

I like the idea of the toothbrush/power tool.:D

buckner
01-05-2005, 04:07 PM
LOL, I'm constantly hearing complaints like this from my mom! My dad doesn't really think about it - he just picks up what he thinks is more masculine and starts using it. Everytime she gets a new toothbrush at the dentist and they give her like a blue or green, she's like "erm, do you have a different colour? my husband doesn't know that these colours could possibly be mine." Haha, so when she gets home, she asks my dad "who's toothbrush is this going to be?" and he always comes up with "yours" but somehow he manages to forget. ;)

One time my mom saw him brushing his teeth with HER toothbrush and went "wait. there's a RED one there, and there's a purple one. which one is yours?" and he said "that's pink". Ugh, men! :rolleyes:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't even like laying my toothbrush on the counter because I'm such a germaphobe... Sometimes I buy new ones almost every month just because they seem "dirty". The sheer thought of someone else putting it in their mouth... *shudder*

anna_66
01-05-2005, 06:24 PM
This is all so funny to me (sorry if I offend you:p )!
We've used each others toothbrushes many times before and think nothing of it. Bathed in the same water, used the same towels, etc....
I figure we have been married for 18 years and we've swapped spit, so what's the harm:D

RICHARD
01-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by anna_66

I figure we have been married for 18 years and we've swapped spit, so what's the harm:D

No wonder I get cold feet when someone mentions MARRIAGE!!!:eek:

Karen
01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Paul and I keep our toothbrushes on seperate shelves, so there's no confusion. He's taller, so his is on the upper shelf!

cookieluver7
01-05-2005, 07:13 PM
lol! that is disguting but a very funny story. :D

chocolatepuppy
01-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Yuck, gross :eek: That happened to hubby and I once, he got the colors wrong. Kiss, sure, once and awhile, but share a toothbrush, never!!! :D

Twisterdog
01-05-2005, 07:45 PM

Exactly. And since he's been your husband for 18 years, swapped more than spit more than a few times, eh? ;)

Shelteez2
01-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Exactly. And since he's been your husband for 18 years, swapped more than spit more than a few times, eh? ;)

LOL

I concur!

Honestly though I think it's funny that there's so many couples that are grossed out by the idea of using another's toothbrush occassionally. I never thought it would be an issue...LOL

catnapper
01-05-2005, 09:11 PM
This is all so funny to me (sorry if I offend you:p )!
We've used each others toothbrushes many times before and think nothing of it. Bathed in the same water, used the same towels, etc....
No offense taken.. it IS kinda funny! I was totally grossed out at the thought. Which is odd considering we eat off the same plates and drink out of the same glasses. Its not even the germ concept that gets me all queasy! I guess its a taboo thing... something you don't expect anyone else to be doing. I felt like my private toothbrush has been invaded! :D :eek:

BTW... I bought myself a PINK brush and am making him keep the one he never used (the light grey one! :D )

wolf_Q
01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
That is funny....a while ago we bought new toothbrushes, there was a purple one, blue one, and a red one. My dad insisted that he wanted the purple one. :confused:

anna_66
01-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Yeah, just a few more than a few:p ;) :D

kimlovescats
01-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Luckily, my hubby is as germ concious as I am ... so we would both freak out if we got the wrong toothbrush! However, you have to admit, that although we do kiss, and eat and drink after eachother, that doesn't mean I want the morning scum from his teeth in my mouth, or the stale food stuck between them!:eek: ;)

lynnestankard
01-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I felt like my private toothbrush has been invaded! :D :eek:

**Collapses on floor - having hysterics** :D :D :D That's me done for the day Kim!!

Lynne

lbaker
01-06-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm with Anna on this one. At least he has teeth :rolleyes: At least he brushes them :rolleyes: My husband and I used to share our lives, why not our toothbrushes? Before toothbrushes people used to use a broken off sassafrass branch. ;)

anna_66
01-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
At least he has teeth :rolleyes: At least he brushes them :rolleyes:
Hehe! So true, so true:D