PDA

View Full Version : Heart problems

wolfsoul
01-04-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't know what's wrong with me. :( Sometimes it feels like my heart is fluttering in my chest and then after a couple seconds the feeling goes away. It makes me gasp for air and I feel light-headed. My heart also beats incredibly fast -- I remember doing tests in science a few years ago, and while other people's heart was beating about 30 times (I don't know how long we timed for), mine was always above one hundred. When I do aerobic (sp?) exersises I get a pain in my chest right above my heart and I have to stop. Edit: I forgot to add that sometimes the pain will travel to one of my shoulders.

There is a history of heart attacks on my dad's side, and my grandma has a heart murmur. My mom had a heart murmur so bad that she had to have surgery. When I was born, they tested me to see if the arteries leading to my heart were normal, and everythign was okay.

I've had a real problem today with my heart feeling "fluttery" and practically beating out my chest (I have been pretty anxious today though, so that could be the reason for my heart beating so hard), and then my eye started to bug me. I thought that I had something in it, and it was driving me nuts. After about an hour I looked in the mirror and noticed that one of the blood vessels in my eye had burst. Is that a sign of heart problems?

Does anyone here have a history of heart problems and could help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Lilith Cherry
01-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Please go and see a doctor right now!! I have ventricular tachycardia which gave me similar symptoms (Except the eye) and turned out to be dangerous! It was very hard to diagnose. Please take care of yourself and see a doctor NOW:(

wolfsoul
01-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Yikes! I'll call my doctor and make an appointment tomorrow!

Thanks!

Laura's Babies
01-05-2005, 08:21 AM
GO TO THE DOCTOR! ASAP!! Do it today or you might not see tomorrow!

mei
01-05-2005, 08:51 AM
My heart is not very well too,but only indisposition,not serious.The doctor tell me: don't do acute sport, don't eat stimulative food and take easy.:(

EssTer
01-05-2005, 11:50 AM
You deffinetley should go to doctor!! Keep us updated!
I hope you´ll be fine!! (((HUGS)))

wolfsoul
01-05-2005, 02:46 PM
I can't get in until tomorrow. :( I'll keep trying the walk-in clinic but right now it is packed. The one up here always has 20 or thirty people in it. I've lived with this for a very long time, I'm sure one more day can't hurt too much.

smokey the elder
01-05-2005, 02:56 PM
You may also wish to ask about a thyroid (T4) test. I used to be hyperthyroid, and the complaints you have can be consistent with that. Good luck!

wolfsoul
01-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks for your suggestion, but I just had a thyroid test, I believe last year or the year before. :) We thought I had hypertyroidism when my hair and eyelashes started falling out, but my thyroid was fine, so I was diagnosed with alopecia instead.

ramanth
01-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Hope the docs can get to the bottom of it.

petslover
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I hope you get feeling better! I hope its not nothing serious..

Hey you used to be hyperthyroid?? I am hypothyroid. I thought that was for life! I am glad you are over it though.

Lilith Cherry
01-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Have you seen the doctor yet? Please do go as soon as possible ! Let us know what they have to say won't you as I (for one) am very worried about you! You are in my prayers and thoughts!

cookieluver7
01-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I really hope everything is well for you. You are in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

kimlovescats
01-05-2005, 10:56 PM
I was going to say that maybe you drink too much caffeine ... which can cause flutters of the heart and rapid beating ... but the blood vessel in the eye thing worries me. PLEASE go to the doctor and let us know as soon as you can!

((HUGS))
Kim

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2005, 12:14 AM
I sure hope it's nothing serious. Please take care and see a doctor as soon as you can.

wolfsoul
01-06-2005, 12:37 AM
I didn't get to the Walkin clinic. I believe that Wednesdays are open longer than regular days, so I think that's why it didn't really calm down. But I have my doctors appointment tomorrow.

I was going to say that maybe you drink too much caffeine
I do eat quite a bit of chocolate.. ;) Lol.

EssTer
01-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Hope you will be OK...I hope it´s nothing serious!! Keep us updated!

((((HUGS))))

petslover
01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Any updates on how you are doing? Did you go to the doctor? I hope everything is okay?

wolfsoul
01-06-2005, 06:19 PM
I know it sounds hard to believe, but I had to cancel my appointment today because my mom won't let me go. I just got home and found her lovely note. :mad: We got in an argument last night and now she's making me clean the entire house today. I'm actually not even supposed to be online right now. She thinks that I'm a hypochondriac who is just exaggerating my symptoms so that I don't need to go anyways. :mad: Almost makes me wish something is horribly wrong with me so that she would feel bad for not LETTING ME GO TO THE DOCTOR! I can't stand her.

I'm going to call my grandma. She always gets worried about things like this and so maybe she will make an appointment for m and take me to the doctor herself. That way my mom can't say no.

EssTer
01-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Oh I´m sorry that you had argument with your mom.. But I hope everything will be fine!!
Hope you will see doctor soon!!

(((HUGS)))

popcornbird
01-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Oh Jordan. :( I'll be praying that you'll be just fine. I cannot believe your mom won't let you go to the doctor. :(:( Please go....whether she lets you or not. Its important. {{{hugs}}}

kimlovescats
01-07-2005, 11:03 AM
:( (((HUGS))) sweetheart! Yes, call Grandma!;)

luvofallhorses
01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
please go see a doctor asap!! my mom has heart reflux disease and so did my grandma {{{{hugs}}}} I hope everything is alright.

Love Krista & the furbabies

lynnestankard
01-07-2005, 12:14 PM
How are things going Jordan - I do hope you've been in touch with your Grandma - you really need to see a doctor.

Lynne

wolfsoul
01-07-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm not allowed to do anything today either, but too bad for her. I'm going straight to the walkin clinic after school.

Thanks everyone. :)

wolfsoul
01-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Just got back from the walk-in...

The doctor said my heart is good and healthy. :) She said that the fluttering/lightheaded feeling is from the amoutn of stress I'm under, and the pain in my chest is because I'm depressed. She told me that lots of depressed people experience pains that can't be explained, but they are real. So she upped my Paxil, and she wants me to go see my family doctor and see if I can go on meds for ADHD.

Thanks for your concern and prayers everyone. :) I hope I didn't worry anoyone too badly.

Karen
01-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I wondered whether it was stress or anxiety-related. As or the blood vessel bursting in your eye, I looked that up and often that happens for no reason at all, it just does.

Hmmm - do they make decaf chocolate? ;)

mei
01-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Good news!!lolI am so glad to hear that.