PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Wal-Mart cat shooters

Grace
01-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Personally, I think the punishment should fit the crime.

Wal-Mart Fires Five Employees In Killing Of Cat On Store Property

(EVANSVILLE, Ind., January 4th, 2005,Â_9:30 a.m.) --Â_Wal-Mart says four managers and an hourly employee of an Evansville store have now been fired for violating company policy after two managers were arrested last week for allegedly shooting and killing a cat on store property.

A Wal-Mart spokeswoman declined to release their names, citing company policy.

Two assistant managers -- 29-year-old Christopher Anderson and 21-year-old Jeffrey Hardin -- are scheduled to appear in court again today to face felony animal cruelty charges.

The Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Department says the men repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun after a manager told them to get rid of the animal which had been living in a storage trailer behind the store.

Wal-Mart says it plans to donate $10,000 to two Evansville-area animal shelters.

K & L
01-04-2005, 06:30 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: What is wrong with some people?

QueenScoopalot
01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
It makes me wonder how often this goes on un-noticed. :mad: I'm glad they were caught, now let's see if any justice comes of it for this poor cat that was only seeking shelter. Around here Wal-Mart's prime dumping grounds for unwanted cats. People think with sooo many shoppers that someone will take their cat. :rolleyes: Big of multi-billion$$$$ corporation to donate $10,000.00. With their money they could support every shelter in this country, and still pull a heafty profit! :mad:

catcrazylady
01-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks for posting this Grace. I have been keeping an eye on things and hadn't heard today what Walmart decided to do. It was on our local channels since we are so close to Evansville. I'm really impressed with the way Walmart handled it. I know they try to be animal friendly and donate to most local shelters. I'm really glad to see these guys all got fired. Maybe this will make an impact on people before they do something that horrible again!
Our local Walmart donates all the cat litter to our shelter. I know they could do so much more but I'm glad that they are at least doing something about it. It was more than a slap on the wrist finally.
They interviewed the prosecuting attorney on the news when this first happened and I was very impressed with him too. He said that as far as he was concerned this was as bad as killing a person. I figure he has some wonderful kitties at home too.:D

NoahsMommy
01-04-2005, 06:45 PM
At least Wal-Mart was smart enough to donate money and fire their a*s*es!!!

What idiots!! I'd like to shoot them with guns equilivant to their size!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AmberLee
01-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Not to fan the flames, but when this was announced on the news here, it was said that they'd not only been ordered to shoot the cat, after it was dead they had shrink wrapped it and left it on someone's porch. Was our newscaster embellishing?

catcrazylady
01-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Not to fan the flames, but when this was announced on the news here, it was said that they'd not only been ordered to shoot the cat, after it was dead they had shrink wrapped it and left it on someone's porch. Was our newscaster embellishing?

They did shrinkwrap the poor baby and put him in a box. It was a truck driver that saw this and called the police. I haven't heard anything about them putting it on anyone's porch. They actually showed the the little shrinkwrapped bundle and it broke my heart.:(

AmberLee
01-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Gads. How sick.

Laura's Babies
01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes S I C K!!!!! Glad they took a stand in this situation and hope this is only the beginning of them changing their policy on the cats dumped around those stores. THEY could feed, and TNR them themselves if they had a mind to and cut way down on the overpopulation... God knows, they have the money.

catcrazylady
01-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Amen Laura! Maybe we should get the email address to Walmart and bombard them with this idea. You never know what could happen. Wouldn't it be nice to think that something good could come from this tradgedy? That maybe that poor lost, hungry and cold kitty didn't die for nothing.:( :( :(

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2005, 11:38 PM
This is horrible!:mad: People like this make me so mad!:mad:

Barbara
01-05-2005, 05:50 AM
If I was WalMart's marketing manager I'd better think of a nationwide no-kill shelter program to get all these customers back.

Nobody who loves cats should ever buy there again.

10000 $? A joke:mad:

catmandu
01-05-2005, 08:37 AM
They could have set up,a humane trap,and turned the Cat Over,to a No Kill Shelter,and that supervisor,should have not used the words,Get Rid Off,and specified,that the Cat,was not to be harmed! I am now boycotting Wal Mart!