PDA

View Full Version : Please reconsider the puppies

satanslut
10-04-2000, 01:12 AM
I realize you love your Husky and want her traits to live forever,but consider the puppies you won't be keeping all of them I'm sure.Just being purebreds will NOT guarantee them a good life.My dog's mom was a show Lab w/championship points.And yet he was horribly abused before I rescued him and gave him the ultra spoiled life he has now! Keep your dog's spirit alive by adopting a half grown or even a puppy from a purebred Rescue group and let her RAISE it!That will allow her to be a MOM and help a homeless dog get the chance all dogs deserve,the chance to be a well loved companion!I hope everyone who reads this THINKS before bringing another puppy into the world 100,00 are euthanized a year!Only licensed professionals should breed dogs.Your dog may be purebred but the puppies won't be AKC,are you prepared to screen potential owners to see if they KNOW how to be a husky owner?Rescues do!It's amazing how many purebreds are abandoned by airhead owners who knew nothing about the breed but thought it was cute!(note to parents http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gifalmatians and small children are not a Disney style happy mix.Get an AKC guide fromthe library,and say NO after they see the new flick.Cocker Spaniels w/spots they ain't!And backyard breeding makes deafness and hip problems a threat!!!!)Sorry to go on and on,but I CARE about this issue deeply!Final trivia note,the dog who found the last survivor in Oklahoma City...was a pound rescue!

------------------

teena
10-04-2000, 08:04 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself! All of my dogs have been rescued from shelters and they are the best, most loyal critters.

dogncatluvr
10-04-2000, 08:14 AM
Excellent!! Please DO rethink the puppies!!

Sudilar
10-04-2000, 09:10 AM
Rescued dogs seem to KNOW you saved their lives and love you so much for that. Please save a life-go to rescue!!
Su, Killian and Shiloh-both rescued GSDs

Smilla
10-04-2000, 09:25 PM
Good thoughts all of them.

Elizabeth
10-07-2000, 06:30 PM
A while ago an agency call Adopt-a-Husky rescued 30 Huskies from an abusive/neglectful home. Why don't you look them up and adopt one of these animals instead of breeding. The address is www.adoptahusky.com. (http://www.adoptahusky.com.)