PDA

View Full Version : Georgie's BIG DAY is Tomorrow!!

QueenScoopalot
01-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Say some prayers everybody! ;) My sweet Georgie's going in for neutering and X-rays in the A.M. I'm hoping the head vet Dr. Dunn can give me some good news after looking over the X-rays, and hopefully he can be operated on if it's possible. :) I won't find out much until after work, but will keep all posted. I wanted to get Georgie in before Laura left for work again, and the vets had an opening in the A.M so I'm going! :D My poor "Puddin Pie Baby Guy. :(

Prairie Purrs
01-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Good luck, Georgie boy! I hope those little legs can be fixed!!

rg_girlca
01-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh Jan, sending big time prayers that everything goes well for precious Georgie.

Keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed that his little legs can be helped through surgery.

(((((HUGS))))) to you friend for support.

I'm going to be waiting on pins and needles for the update.

catlover4ever
01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh Georgie Boy you will certainly be in my prayers. I hope and pray that your doctor can fix you up really good.

{{{hugs to you Jan}}} I'll be thinking of you and Georgie.

Laura's Babies
01-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I too, am sooooo hoping that surgery can help that little fella! He has stolen my heart BIG TIME and I want to see him get better!! Prayers are on their way!!

Please post as SOON as you know ANYTHING!! I will be leaving Wednesday...:(

rkidsrcats
01-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Good luck little Georgie Boy!

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Good luck Georgie.:)

QueenScoopalot
01-04-2005, 06:33 AM
The littlest RASCAL is packed up and not happy about being in the carrier! :rolleyes: He's been all over the house this morning looking for a snack...poor baby boy. :( Say some prayers that he can be fixed up (besides the snippin' part) and that he doesn't have more birth defects than meets the eye. ;)

catmandu
01-04-2005, 08:22 AM
And Big Georgie,is in our Prayers,as well,and we hope,that he is home,safe and sound as a dollar.Or Euro.

catcrazylady
01-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Oh Jan I'm praying so hard to for the little guy! It would be so wonderful if they can fix his legs. We will love you no matter what Georgie but it would be a blessing if they can straighten you out! (litterally!:D )

Prayers coming Jan and waiting patiently for any update.

QueenScoopalot
01-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Uppy-date time. Dr. Dunn called me, and had Georgie knocked out, X-rayed, and neutered. He said that if Georgie had had physical therapy as a tiny kitten, he wouldn't have had any problems. :( :mad: Doc said it's a condition called "swimmer" kitten (happens more often in pups) where the legs are splayed apart. No doubt he was on a slippery surface while nursing, otherwise he probably would have had enough traction to build up his muscles on his own. I gave Doc the "go ahead" to do what he could while Georgie was tranquilized. He snipped away fibrous tissue from inside his legs, and I'll be doing a lot of P.T for a while to come. I'm scared to see what he'll look like, and what the bill will be. :rolleyes: :eek: But it was either now, or go through a second round of tranq. and maybe have worse results as Georgie gets bigger. :( Hopefully the lil' tyke will have some range of motion in his legs now. The bones are all normal looking (I suspected that anyway) but they are shorter than they should be for his age and growth. Hopefully his 'growth plates' haven't been affected by the waiting, and he'll catch up in the end and be able to get around better in the future. I'm heading off to pick him up soon. I'll keep ya'll posted. Jan

RICHARD
01-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Thank you very much for taking care of this little angel....

I have to be careful because my eyes are tearing up....people walk into my office often! I pray that he will get full use of his limbs......

But why did you have to mess with his Batonga -Wongas???:eek:

QueenScoopalot
01-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Thank you very much for taking care of this little angel....

I have to be careful because my eyes are tearing up....people walk into my office often! I pray that he will get full use of his limbs......

But why did you have to mess with his Batonga -Wongas???:eek:

Richard...The Batonga-Wongas would have had to go eventually! If he didn't have the surgery, and his Batonga-Wongas grew really huge, I doubt he'd be able to use the potty with those hangin' off his behind! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: He is an angel...and I feel blessed that he came into my life. ;) :)

Laura's Babies
01-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Oh Jan, I am crying!! So he can be helped some?? Do you need more donations to help with the bill? I will mail today, all you have to do is say the word and it will be on it's way!! I love that little guy and would be more than glad to help!!

I am so happy he can be helped but heartbroken it could have been prevented (to a degree)and wasn't... Thank GOD, it is YOU that have him now and thanks to you, he has a chance!!

QueenScoopalot
01-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Laura, Yup..if I got him as a baby, he wouldn't have had this problem. I'm itching to go pick him up, but dreading the bill, so if anyone wants to donate...I won't complain. I'm hoping that by working with his legs daily, that I'll be able to help him learn how to walk like a normal kitty. Time will tell. Eli was (is) badly brain damaged (cerebellar hypoplasia) and could barely walk at all. I grabbed him up before he was euthanized, and did a sling under him and taught him how to balance himself by splaying his legs out in different directions in order to support himself. "The Rocket Powered Rubber Flounder" was a fast learner, and is able to propel himself like a rocket from one point to another. As a kitten he was like Blob. :(

RICHARD
01-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
If he didn't have the surgery, and his Batonga-Wongas grew really huge, I doubt he'd be able to use the potty with those hangin' off his behind!

Typical male, huh???:D

catfamily
01-04-2005, 01:33 PM
OMG Jan,I didn't expect this so soon.Poor Georgie is going to need pain meds after this ordeal.I hope he's OK.I'll do my share of praying.Call if you need me.