PDA

View Full Version : Went To The Vet Today...

DogLover9501
01-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Well we went to the vet today!

Emma didn't like the van ride this time, she was in her kennel in the back and the DOGS were with us, so she wasn't too happy ;)

At the vet she got her stitches out and the vet looked at her bald spot on the back of her and said it's probably alergies.

I hated to hear the word "alergies", Jasper has them and it's been a long, expensive, tirering battle, so I hated that part.

She gave Emma a needle(of steroids..I *think*), and said we'll see how it goes, and she may need to get one every month.

Sort of pointless thread, just an update ;)

Laura's Babies
01-03-2005, 03:22 PM
It amazes me that our animals suffer the same ailments we do..

rg_girlca
01-03-2005, 05:53 PM
*Sigh* I'm sorry, but I just have to say this...I can't stand it when I read when someone writes,"Sort of a pointless thread, or I know this is pointless." I'm sorry if I offend you by stating this, but you have to understand that to us cat lovers, getting an update on your precious kitty is NOT POINTLESS.

Okay, now that I got that out of my system. I'm sorry to hear your sweet Emma didn't like the van ride and that she has allergies.

Do you have any idea what could be causing her allergies?

I hope it is just short term and the steroid treatment helps.

Logan
01-03-2005, 08:02 PM
This is certainly not pointless. If you are worried about your sweet Emma, then we are too! I hope she will be feeling better soon. Hopefully the shot will help. Butter has allergies too and he has to get a shot every 2-3 months, without fail.

Logan

kimlovescats
01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm glad that Emma is back home, poor baby! Allergies are the pits, and I hope that hers will be easily treated. Now, we could really use some new pics of her!!!! *hint, hint*:rolleyes: ;)

Barbara
01-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Anyway she will be happy if her stitches are removed. And having less stress will certainly be better for her allergies.

smokey the elder
01-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I think there are some human antihistimines that are safe for cats in small doses. You might want to ask your vet about them. I bet they'd be safer than steroids!

catmandu
01-04-2005, 08:44 AM
I dont think,that it is pointless,as we care about Emma,and how she is doping,and the Found Cats,Starys and Angels,are praying ,for her!

catcrazylady
01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Nothing about Emma or Tigger could ever be pointless!:)

I'm sorry to hear that Emma may have alergies. Hopefully the shot will take care of her and she won't need another one. Maybe it's this time of year with all the dry heat in the house. I'm having the same problem with Magoo right now. He was fine all summer and now suddenly he is having itching problems. I know the dry heat has something to do with it. I think I'm going to have to get him that shot too. At least until summer comes again and see how he does then. Maybe Emma's will only be temporary. Fingers crossed anyway!:D

Queen of Poop
01-04-2005, 02:42 PM
No pet story is ever pointless. Very sorry about the allergies, could they be seasonal, caused by the "winter"weather? My dog Sami, passed away last February, had spring time allergies. Had to keep her off the grass - no easy task!!

DogLover9501
01-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I'm also hoping that this is temporary, I'm not sure if it's the season change, as I've only had her since October ;)

Kim-I'm about to post pictures right now ;)