PDA

View Full Version : Question about airport clearnaces

catnapper
01-03-2005, 02:39 PM
My daughter is taking a plane to Las Vegas in a few days for a soccer tournament. I am starting to get things together for packing her bags, and I know to make sure she doesn't pack things like nails files. Are disposal Bic razors a no-no? I'd hate to see her exciting trip cut off at the airport and her detained by authorities for having packed "terroristic items".

Does anybody know what things to avoid packing? Are there websites that detail what can not be packed?

She is going with a trusted family friend and their daughter (and the rest of the soccer team). We will not be there with her at the airport, so if any trouble happens, she'll be alone except for the people who have agreed to take care of her for the week-long trip.

caseysmom
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I believe disposable razors are a no no...I am sure there is a website...not sure what it is though.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-03-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't actually know what she can or cannot bring, but I would imagine that she can take a razor or nail file as long as they are in her suitcase that will be under the plane. I think it's mostly the carry on stuff that they are really strict about.

emily_the_spoiled
01-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi,

Here is the link to the TSA website that gives you the "prohibited" items.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?theme=183&content=09000519800720a4

Hope your daughter has fun in Vegas (although not too much because she is too young...) :D

NoahsMommy
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Remember, NO MATCHES!!! Especially the "Srike Anywhere" kitchen matches. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hope she has fun!! :D

popcornbird
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
She can take them in her 'suitcase', but not as a carry on. It has to be in the luggage sent in the cargo downstairs.

Kfamr
01-03-2005, 05:39 PM
According to the TSA website, she is allowed to have them on both carry-on and checked baggage.

kuhio98
01-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I travel every 2 weeks. As long is it's not in her carry on, she shouldn't have a problem with razors, nail files, etc.

They did take my crochet hook out of my carry on bag once. :rolleyes: Can you imagine someone trying to take over a plane with a crochet hook? :rolleyes: They would laugh you off the plane.

I hope she has a great time.

catnapper
01-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Thank you everyone.... the site helped me a lot. We're packing tonight, and laughing all the way about what is and what isn't alowed to be packed. Baseball bat? Come on! She's on a soccer team, but what if she was on a softball team traveling? Would they all have to leave their bats at home? Bats are expensive, so its not like they would just buy new ones when they got to town. We were joking that they'd start claming the soccer spikes were deadly projectiles, and the shin gaurds were protective armor! :D