PDA

View Full Version : Boscoe, December 1991 to Jan 3, 2005

boscoe's dad
01-03-2005, 01:49 PM
With a heavy but appreciative heart, it is my sad duty to announce that Boscoe breathed his last, January 3, 2005, just after 12 noon eastern time.

He struggled in the last year with numerous bouts of debilitating joint pain, and to prolong his life, in the opinion of his veterinarians and myself, would be to only prolong his discomfort.

His last morning was spent being luxuriantly brushed, gulping chunks of cheese (old cheddar, his absolute favourite), playing as much as he could with his master, and lounging in breathless satisfaction.

He had a fortunate life, full of joy and play and travel and good company, and he exhibited qualities that typified the best that any animal, or human, could aspire:

Love without sentimentality;
Intelligence without arrogance;
Courage without ferocity;
Grace without conceit;
Beauty without vanity; and,
Strength without insolence.

I shall miss him dearly.

Cinder & Smoke
01-03-2005, 01:55 PM
:(

Well said, Dad.

Boscoe will be waiting for you, at the Bridge.

Rest In Eternal Peace, Dear Boscoe ~
You will be missed.

/s/ :( Phred

jenluckenbach
01-03-2005, 02:06 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. :( And sorry that your first post here was a very sad one. But a wonderful eulogy it is.

Play, pain free at the rainbow bridge, until it is time for the reunion with your loved ones.

RIP Boscoe

dukedogsmom
01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
It is hard to lose a close companion such as Boscoe. I'm sure you brought each other much happiness. I'm glad his last hours could be spent with his most favorite person and that he had a happy heart. Giving dogs happiness can be one of the best things. Have fun at the RB. Your dad loved(and still does) you very much.

tatsxxx11
01-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm so very sorry for your great loss:(:(:( What a beautiful tribute to a very special dog and best friend. We should all be so lucky to know the deep bond of love and friendship that you and Boscoe shared. As Dukedogsmom said so perfectly, it gives some comfort knowing that his final hours were spent with the one he loved most, enjoying your closeness and some of his favorite things. Rest easy now dear Boscoe and run and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge until that happy day when you and your Dad are together once more. My deepest sympathies to you, Dad of Boscoe. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

LorraineO
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
boscoe has left you physically,, but will always be with you in spirit..... Play hard Boscoe!

Sudilar
01-03-2005, 03:46 PM
I am so very sorry for your great loss. What a beautiful, loving tribute. RIP, Boscoe.

captain
01-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Such a beautiful tribute ....... HUGS to you ....

pitc9
01-04-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.. what a wonderful long, love filled life Boscoe had.

Play hard Boscoe, you'll always be with your dad in spirit.

Queen of Poop
01-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Your loving words for your departed Bosco have brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss. Dear Bosco can now run and be pain free across the rainbow bridge. I'm sure that my dear, departed Sami barked an energetic weclome to him upon his arrival.

ramanth
01-04-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. :( RIP Boscoe.

pipersmom
01-04-2005, 09:14 AM
What a beautiful, moving tribute to your beloved Boscoe. He'll be waiting for you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

RIP dear Boscoe. Have fun and play hard at the Bridge.

slick
01-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Boscoe, you had a good life here on earth and now you can enjoy a pain-free eternal life at the RB. RIP sweet boy.

BD: Welcome to Pet Talk; I'm sorry your first post has to be a sad one. You will find our little community to be a great source of strength and support.

delidog
01-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I am So Sorry for your loos...

Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge,Sweet Boscoe!!!

Know how loved you were,while on Earth

anna_66
01-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Sounds as if Boscoe was dearly loved.

R.I.P. Boscoe

K9soul
01-11-2005, 01:10 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your precious Boscoe. I know how deeply you must miss your wonderful boy :(. RIP precious Boscoe.

Puppy_Love4
01-13-2005, 03:20 PM
:( :( :( :( I'm sorry for your loss. RIP Boscoe