PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna meeting date

wolfsoul
01-03-2005, 01:37 AM
EDIT: The last weekend is out. How about the second weekend of July?

We are not sure where to host the meeting yet. There is an upside and downside to every single offleash dog park. Afterwards I'd like everyone to go back to mine and Jynnelle's place and we could do something fun. I don't know, like games or a movie. Any ideas? I want to have a big PT slumber party lol.

Here are some of the dog parks.
Cedar Creek is a great park for the dogs to go swimming -- but it isn't fenced, and...it's also a nude beach LOL.
http://www.okdog.com/images/off/cedar.jpg
Here's Glenmore...It huge and fenced, but it's right across from the landfill. You can imagine. Lol.
http://www.okdog.com/images/off/glenmore.jpg
Mission offleash park is nice. The fenced portion is not huge, but it's a fair size. There is also an onleash trail that is right beside a creek. The good thing about this park is that lots of people go there, so you get lots of dogs.
Then there is also Enterprise. I don't believe I've been there before. It is fenced on all sides except one, where the pond is. So that could be a problem if your dog wants to swim in the pond and then run away lol.
I think my favourite park would have to be the one in Westbank. It is on the beach. However, it also isn't fenced, so that's another problem.

Anyone who would like to come, please reply and give me some feedback!!!

Shelteez2
01-03-2005, 02:09 AM
Right now I'll say yes that date works fine for me.
The only thing that might 'cause a conflict is if my soccer tournament in Kimberly is that weekend. I should find out about the tournament fairly soon though.

As for off leash areas any of them are fine for me. My dogs don't need fences. :D

slick
01-03-2005, 09:47 AM
So far here's what my July is shaping up to be like:

July 13 or 14 to July 21 or 22 I'll be in LA at the Gini's
July 24 to Aug 6th I'm catsitting for some people and have to be in town.

Looks like the only time I can go to Kelowna is at the beginning of July and that's IF I get the month off again this year. We will be sitting down in the next month to figure out holidays to I'll get a better idea then.

wolfsoul
01-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Darn..so we've cancelled out the first weekend, the third weekend, and the last weekend. That means only the second weekend is left. How are people's plans for Friday the 9th, Saturday the 10th, or Sunday the 11th?

wolfsoul
01-07-2005, 12:55 PM
bump

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I don't know what I'll be doing while I'm in Kelowna but I do know that I'll be there fromthe 7th-12th so I might be able to meet on 9th or 10th.

wolfsoul
01-07-2005, 12:59 PM
That'd be great! :D

binka_nugget
01-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Any time in July should be fine for me. I don't know if I'll be bringing any of the pups but if I do, they'll probably be stuck on a long leash cause I'm extremely paranoid. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
01-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Poo, I wish I could go! Maybe one day. ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh, I'll only be bringing Tango:) It would be way too hard to bring all 3 of them lol and plus, I can trust tango more off leash than Echo or Tia:)

slick
01-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
I don't know what I'll be doing while I'm in Kelowna but I do know that I'll be there fromthe 7th-12th so I might be able to meet on 9th or 10th.
That weekend works OK for me. :)

wolfsoul
01-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Seems like that is definatly the weekend! Shelteez, how does this work for you?

wolfsoul
01-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Oops, I'm ahead one day. It's Friday the 8th, Saturday the 9th, and Sunday the 10th. :o I think starting it on a Saturday would be best, and then if people want to stay the night, we can have some more fun on Sunday. That part is really up to Jynnelle. I don't know how she will feel about having a bunch of people stay at our house. I'll try and talk her into it. ;) I think a big PT slumber party would be fun. We could watch movies and eat popcorn and pizza and whatnot. I think it's the issue of having so many dogs at the house that could be hard. Timber doesn't have to stay the night, and she is probably the biggest dog coming so far, so it can't be too bad.

Shelteez2
01-08-2005, 01:50 AM
I'll book the weekend off tomorrow at work! :)

wolfsoul
01-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Yay, so it's settled then! :D

wolfsoul
01-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Jynnelle said maybe to the slumber party! :D We must wear her down.... ;)

slick
01-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Jordan, I'll stay in a hotel and let you young folks party. Besides, I have to leave Kelowna fairly early on Sunday morning (9am) to make my way back home.

wolfsoul
01-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Aww, I'm sad that you can't sleep over, but if you have to get up early than I guess that's for the better. We'll probably be staying up pretty late and we wouldn't want to keep you awake.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I don't know yet if I'll be able to stay the night, hopefully I will though:) What dogs are going to be there?:D

tikeyas_mom
01-09-2005, 10:22 PM
my parents will not let me have a bunch of dogs and ppl over that they dont no... so the sleepover cant be at my place...
i am bringing tikeya and oscar to the dog parks, baby gets too aggressive around strangers she tends to guard me, which isnt good.

Friday the 9th, Saturday the 10th, or Sunday the 11th? sounds good for me... i will book it off tomorrow...

wolfsoul
01-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
my parents will not let me have a bunch of dogs and ppl over that they dont no... so the sleepover cant be at my place...

Nooo I meant if we are moved out by then, but if you don't think that you'll be out by then, then we can sleepover at my place. I might be moved out by then. If not, we can stay at the crappy place I have now LOL.

Shelteez2
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I booked Saturday July 10th off, so I will probably head up after work on Friday.
I may stay in a hotel as well, but I can decide that closer to the meeting. :D

wolfsoul
01-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm so excited!! :D

Jynnelle says that she's sure we won't be moved out by then, and so I decided to stick around this place a bit longer. So if anyone wants to stay the night at my place, it'll be encouraged. :D I have an air mattress that can be set up in the living room, two mattresses in the storage room (that I'll convert into a guest room), and my bed is a queen size so if anyone wants to spoon LOL. ;) That'll be Jynnelle -- she's used to the annoying sound of rats when you're trying to sleep.

What dogs are going to be there?
I'm just taking a wild guess here lol. Timber, Tikeya, Baby, Oscar, Kai, Kaedyn, Emily, and Clipse. Anyone else that I'm forgetting?

binka_nugget
01-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I'm just taking a wild guess here lol. Timber, Tikeya, Baby, Oscar, Kai, Kaedyn, Emily, and Clipse. Anyone else that I'm forgetting?

If I do end up bringing a dog, I'll probably only bring Kai. It would probably be too overwhelming for Kaedyn and his fear aggression.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-11-2005, 09:58 PM

you forgot Tango:p

wolfsoul
01-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Ooops! Lol I forgot poor Tango. :p

wolfsoul
01-15-2005, 12:23 PM
I just had a GREAT idea. My mom has been complaining that I'm going to have a bunch of people over (oh yes, potential thieves, all of you!), and so I thought of a way to compromise. Do you guys like camping? Instead of staying the night at my place, I thought that we could all go to Darley Retreat, my grandpa's campsite! Dogs are welcome offleash, there are some nice creeks for them to go swimming in. We'd sleep in cabins of course, not tents. The cabins have clean beds and everything. There's a hot tub, a karaoke machine, foozball, a dancefloor, stereo system, the works. Jynnelle can be my reference -- she LOVES going there with me. And you'll see lots of wildlife.

I figured that after the meeting, we could all drive up there (I know the last thing most of you are going to want to do is drive lol). But won't it be worth it? :D

What do you guys think???

Shelteez2
01-15-2005, 07:48 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm game. :)
I don't have to leave until Monday or I could even possibly take a couple more days off. :)

tikeyas_mom
01-15-2005, 08:26 PM
AHHHH that sounds like so much fun!!!! :D

i wont bring oscar or baby up to the cabins.. only Tikeya... i cant keep my eye on all three. . .

sounds like a great idea though :D

wolfsoul
01-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Great! :D You can stay as long as you'd like.

I'll probably drop off Timber on the way up -- she gets weird if she's around other dogs for too long.

binka_nugget
01-15-2005, 08:38 PM
:D Sounds good!

manda_moo87
01-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Oooooh!
I wish I could come. Maybe I can, not sure. I'll have to see if anyone I know is heading up to Kelowna then! I have my doubts though.
That is, of course if you'd all like me to come. :o

binka_nugget
01-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
Oooooh!
I wish I could come. Maybe I can, not sure. I'll have to see if anyone I know is heading up to Kelowna then! I have my doubts though.
That is, of course if you'd all like me to come. :o

Of course we'd love for you to join us!

I think I might take a greyhound up there.. care to come with? :p

manda_moo87
01-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Of course we'd love for you to join us!

I think I might take a greyhound up there.. care to come with? :p

Oh good... :D

I'd love to, if I can. I'll have to see... I probably won't know for a while yet though.

wolfsoul
01-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Sure, the more the merrier! :D

wolfsoul
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Vickie, are you sure you don't want to spend the night with us instead of going to a hotel? It'll be lots of fun. :D There are some karaoke CDs with Dixie Chicks on them... ;)

wolfsoul
01-18-2005, 09:57 PM
http://www.lodging.bc.ca/images/map.gif

slick
01-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Vickie, are you sure you don't want to spend the night with us instead of going to a hotel? It'll be lots of fun. :D There are some karaoke CDs with Dixie Chicks on them... ;)
Now you're talking........:D :D I'll think about.....I need to get to bed before 4am though, my body is not as young as yours. I've booked by 3 weeks holidays in July so that weekend is fine for me.

For other Pet Talkers....do you see that dot in the bottom left-hand corner that says Vancouver? That's where I am. Ashley is there too. :)

wolfsoul
01-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by slick
Now you're talking........:D :D I'll think about.....I need to get to bed before 4am though, my body is not as young as yours. I've booked by 3 weeks holidays in July so that weekend is fine for me.

Lol, I'm going to see if I can book two cabins -- one for the people who want to stay up late, and one for people who wants to go to sleep early. Our main problem is that the students of the log building school stay at the cabins, and registration doesn't start until March, so we don't know if there will be two cabins left lol. There may only be just one.

Shelteez2
01-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I'll think about.....I need to get to bed before 4am though, my body is not as young as yours.

Okay I'm young and all, but even I will be going to bed before 4:00 am, I gaurantee...LOL

wolfsoul
01-22-2005, 06:34 PM
LOL me too. :p

cali
02-01-2005, 05:08 PM
lol I will come if I can, I assume the doggers are commin too lol if it starts at a dogpark Happy will be fine as long as she is introduced to the others in a game of fetch. and Misty will be just fine although she is terrified of big dogs lol basicly she will spend half her time laying on her back :rolleyes: until a game of fetch in involved... lol it largly depends on if my mom comes or not. I dont drive yet and I wont be able to yet when the meeting comes around I dont know maybe me and hap and misty could catch a ride with ashley?

cali
02-01-2005, 05:24 PM
ok my mom said the kaos tournys is the second weekend of july but she is thinking of ways I could get to lower mainland or vancouver or whatever and perhaps hitch a rid with ashley if she dont mind 2 BCs :p lol both are very trustworthy off leash and as long as Happy is introduced with a game of fetch she will be fine. :)

slick
02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Cali, I live about 15 min. from Ashley and I'll be heading up there around 7am on Saturday. For me, it's about a 4 1/2 hr drive. I will stay overnight and drive back on Sunday quite early as well. Don't know if that fits into your plans or not. I have an SUV with lots of room for pups. :)

cali
02-01-2005, 05:40 PM
oh sure. if i can make it up there whatever ride i can hitch is good lol :p

wolfsoul
02-11-2005, 03:44 PM
bump :D

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I had a dream lastnight that I was taking pictures of the cabins lol. When March rolls around and I go up there for Easter, I'll take some pictures so you can all see what it is like up there. Ashley might be coming to Kelowna for that weekend too, so she can take pics as well. :D

I still haven't checked out one of the dog parks. I was supposed to go yesterday but enever got around to it. I'll try for this weekend. Keep reminding me!

Also, Ashley says she can bring her DDR. I'm so glad she has it. I was worried I'd have to go out and buy it lol. It's Dance Dance Revolution -- a Japanese video game. You play with dance pads. Good exersise. ;)

Shelteez2
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Are y'all trying to humiliate me on purpose? 'Cause I'll embarrass myself for sure with DDR....LOL

I know I mentioned to you before that I may have some issues with the dates, but I'm resolved to make it work.....I'll just get someone to cover for me for a couple days. :)

schteve_d
02-23-2005, 01:31 AM
I didn't even realize until tonight that there was an "other" section to Pet Talk. I am going to be driving home (to Vancouver Island) around that time and would love to stop in with the hounds for a day or two, if everyone's welcome!? Maybe I could strike a deal with someone who lives or is staying up there to "dog-sit" mine for a few hours so I could slip in a round of golf or two; I have an outstanding vendetta with Gallagher's Canyon to settle! Is that course back up and running? I haven't been there in a few years now and I heard it was heavily damaged by the fires (was that 3 years ago?).

wolfsoul
02-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by schteve_d
I didn't even realize until tonight that there was an "other" section to Pet Talk. I am going to be driving home (to Vancouver Island) around that time and would love to stop in with the hounds for a day or two, if everyone's welcome!? Maybe I could strike a deal with someone who lives or is staying up there to "dog-sit" mine for a few hours so I could slip in a round of golf or two; I have an outstanding vendetta with Gallagher's Canyon to settle! Is that course back up and running? I haven't been there in a few years now and I heard it was heavily damaged by the fires (was that 3 years ago?).
The more the merrier! :D

The fire was only a year and a half ago, but I'm sure that the golf course will be good to go this year!

schteve_d
02-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Was it really only a year and a half ago?! Wow, it seems like so much longer than that!

wolfsoul
02-23-2005, 02:14 AM
I know, it seems like such a long time ago! The valley is still suffering from the effects. We lost alot of trees. Luckily the campsite wasn't harmed at all! Will you be coming up to the campsite? There are lots of cabins lol. And no girls will be running around in their underwear (we hope :p ). Even if you don't stay the night, it'll be lots of fun.

schteve_d
02-23-2005, 02:19 AM
To be honest, I only found the thread a few minutes ago, so I need to do some looking at dates and such. It's really not that far out of my way (I usually go through Kamloops) and I love the area, what's a couple hours out of my way on a twenty-some hour drive! I would probably stay somewhere in the area for the night anyway, but if there was a meeting of the hounds, well, who could miss that! I'd probably stick around for a couple of days, just tack it on my holidays. I think I'd probably just pitch a tent in the campground.

wolfsoul
02-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Sounds good!

Shelteez2
02-23-2005, 06:40 PM
And no girls will be running around in their underwear (we hope :p ).

Ummmm I don't know if I can come anymore..... ;) :p

LOL J/K........

wolfsoul
02-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Ummmm I don't know if I can come anymore..... ;) :p

Dissapointed that you won't see me in my underwear? ;) I knew it...

slick
02-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey now.....there will be none of that "running around in underwear".....You hear me??:eek: Don't forget, I'm the middle-aged chaperone!!!! Ha! 52 going on 19!!!!;) :D

Steve, that would be so great if you could make it. Unfortunately, I'm only up there for one night, still, it would be nice to me you and the pups. :)

schteve_d
02-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey now.....there will be none of that "running around in underwear".....You hear me??:eek:
Six-Million-Dollar-Man Underoos can't possibly be included in this ban, right?!:D But even if I'm not allowed, I think that girls running around in underwear is perfectly acceptable camping behaviour (though I may be biased!).:D;)

Steve, that would be so great if you could make it. Unfortunately, I'm only up there for one night, still, it would be nice to me you and the pups. :)
Thanks Slick. Yeah, I'd like to make it, I don't think it'll be a problem. It would be nice to meet a few of the "PT'ers", put some faces to the names. I know the dogs'd LOVE IT and would likely deserve a nice break after 10-12 hours in the car; it's about a perfect spot to break up the trip quite nicely into two legs.

wolfsoul
02-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Six-Million-Dollar-Man Underoos can't possibly be included in this ban, right?!:D But even if I'm not allowed, I think that girls running around in underwear is perfectly acceptable camping behaviour (though I may be biased!).:D;)

LMAO!

Vickie...only 19??? :confused: :p

Shelteez2
02-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Dissapointed that you won't see me in my underwear? ;) I knew it...

Well that too of course.... but I was more disappointed that I wasn't allowed to run around in my underwear..... ;)

Shelteez2
02-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Six-Million-Dollar-Man Underoos can't possibly be included in this ban, right?!:D

Oh be still my beating heart. LOL I'm sure there could be exceptions for that.

But even if I'm not allowed, I think that girls running around in underwear is perfectly acceptable camping behaviour (though I may be biased!).:D;)

Perfect... and what about pillow fights..... ;)

schteve_d
02-24-2005, 01:16 AM

Perfect... and what about pillow fights..... ;)

Well........that's pretty tough to argue with, even without Jello.:eek:

wolfsoul
02-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't like Jell-o, so someone else can bring that. ;)

By the way, the campsite is all country. If you want to feel like you fit in, bring a cowboy hat. ;) And everyone has to sing karaoke. Those are my rules!!!

Shelteez2
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Well........that's pretty tough to argue with, even without Jello.:eek:

LOL!! :)

And everyone has to sing karaoke. Those are my rules!!!

That's it! I'm sleeping outside! I ain't singing no karaoke. Y'all will have nightmares....LOL

schteve_d
02-24-2005, 10:10 PM
That's it! I'm sleeping outside! I ain't singing no karaoke. Y'all will have nightmares....LOL

DITTO!

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-24-2005, 10:16 PM

LOL...I think I'll join you:D I'm definitley not going to be singing at all while I'm there!

slick
02-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm your laaaddddyyyyyyyyy
And you are my maaaannnnnnn
Whenever you reach for me.....
I'll do all that I caaaaannnnnnn

:D :D Nothing wrong with my singing....:eek:

wolfsoul
02-24-2005, 11:58 PM
You guys suck LOL. :p Except Slick, I lurve you Vickie. :p

Jynnelle says she will sing! :p

C'mon....You know you want to. ;)

tikeyas_mom
02-25-2005, 03:00 PM
i am all for the J-E-L-L-O pillow fighting... hahahaa.

I am sure Tikeya would enjoy that... ;).

Me and Jordan will sing then.. Meh to you all.. You will see how fun it is and you all will have to join in... mwhahaha *evil laugh*...

who is bringing Dogs???

I am Bringing Tikeya.....

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
who is bringing Dogs???

I am Bringing Tikeya.....

I'm not sure yet if Tango's going to stay the night. I'll have to see how she is, sometimes she gets a bit weird.

wolfsoul
02-25-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't know of Timber will be staying either. She will be coming to the dog park. Maybe if she behaves she can come to the campsite. But for the most part I am thinking, the less dogs, the less worry!

schteve_d
02-25-2005, 05:21 PM
I will be travelling "full crew" (Buddy, Tasha, and Docker).

Shelteez2
02-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I will have the hairy beasts with me.... :)

cali
02-26-2005, 06:30 PM
if I can make it Happy and Misty will be with me :)

sammy101
02-27-2005, 09:49 AM
o i wanna go!:( Sounds like so much fun!!:D Kodie & Lucy would LOVE meeting all the doggies,especially kodie:eek: .:pyou have no idea how friendly he is will everybody:rolleyes: :D

Shelteez2
03-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Sooooo......

have you checked out ALL the dog parks yet? ;)

wolfsoul
03-14-2005, 01:35 AM
I've been to 3...LOL. I've narrowed it down to Glenmore and Mission. I think I'd like to go with Glenmore, even though I haven't visited it yet. It's closer to the campsite and it's larger and prettier. The only thing is that it's beside the landfill. Still have to see how bad the smell is LOL.

Shelteez2
03-14-2005, 01:37 AM
So I guess Cedar Creek is out. :( ;)

LOL J/K :p

wolfsoul
03-14-2005, 01:42 AM
I guess we shall have a vote -- landfill or nude beach? :p

Shelteez2
03-14-2005, 01:48 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm..................................

;)

schteve_d
03-14-2005, 11:50 PM

This had better be some sexy damn landfill!:D

Shelteez2
03-14-2005, 11:59 PM
This had better be some sexy damn landfill!:D

LOL

At least there'll be some damn sexy company at the landfill....;)

schteve_d
03-15-2005, 10:00 PM
I think you're right!;)

wolfsoul
03-15-2005, 10:34 PM

At least there'll be some damn sexy company at the landfill....;)
I hope you guys don't plan on hanging out with me all day...:confused: ;)

Shelteez2
03-15-2005, 11:00 PM
I hope you guys don't plan on hanging out with me all day...:confused: ;)

What makes you think I was talking about you? :p

Shelteez2
03-28-2005, 04:00 PM
So Jordon...........

Were your batteries juicy? ;) :p

wolfsoul
03-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Yes! Lol. I have a gazillion pictures of the campsite. I have to pick and choose which ones to post. I'm uploading them right now.

veegan
06-09-2005, 11:18 PM
holy crap if DDR is involved Im SO THERE. ;) hahahaha