PDA

View Full Version : Spooks new love

DJFyrewolf36
01-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Spook has fallen in love with our new roomate and he has fallen in love with Spook!!! It is so adorable! This morning, we found her curled up asleep on our rommates (Matt) head! Spook also follows him around everywhere and greets him at the door when he comes home from work. He has already decided to put a litterbox and water out in his room for her so she can hang out in his room as well as ours. Our last roomate *HATED* the cats (part of the reason he moved out) and always forbade them to go into his room. He also demanded that we only have litterboxes in our room and no where else cause of the "smell" :rolleyes: (The cats are picky picky critters, if the boxes arent super clean, they really complain so there was never any smell) Now that he has moved out, the cats have a new place to roam! Remus is happy too, because he gets attention not only from me and the hubby but from Matt too :D *Remus is an attention hog suprime and loves it when anyone pets him*

Yay, finally I have a roomate that tolerates *and dare I say, LOVES* my cats!! My last roomate moved in after we got Remus and was kind of ok with him (even took a few pix and played with him and stuff) but he really got POed at the cats after Spook moved in. He only tolerated Remus because he is a really quiet cat and had passed though his kitten stage for the most part (and realistically only hung out with me and the hubby). Spook is A a kitten still and B a social butterfly and will rub up on and pester ANYONE who comes over. I guess my roomate didn't expect that from a cat. Soon he started locking his door and started to take his frustration out on Remus as well as Spook (Kicking them, throwing them etc.) Spook started to pee everywhere after that*And got Remus doing it too cause he was so strung out* We used a product similar to Feliway and it is working so far. My ex roomate got the rest of his crud out today, and I've noticed that both cats are calmer now.

Sorry for the long winded post but I just had to share how much happier my cats are now that all of us are "cat" people!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2005, 12:30 AM
This is great news!!!:D I can relate because I also have to have a roommate and it's so important to have one that loves cats. My current roommate is great with my cats and she keeps her room and bathroom opened a little bit with door stops so the cats can come and go as they please.:)

Laura's Babies
01-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Looks like you will have to ask that question BEFORE letting any other room mate move in if this one should ever move out.

When I was dateing, one of the first things I would ask a guy if they loved cats... If they didn't, there was no need in us even going out because I have always had a cat.

Amy loves it when Mike comes over! No matter where she is or how sound asleep she is, she comes running to him when he comes in and he has to pick her up and love on her and his two always come running to me for loving when I go in his house.. We are not dating, just friends but it sure is nice to have one that loves cats like I do.

catnapper
01-03-2005, 08:51 AM
AWwwwwww... thats great! What more could you ask for? Glad everyone - humans and kitties - are happy with the new arrangement! :D

Barbara
01-03-2005, 09:22 AM
There are so many people who will be HAPPY if a cat pesters them that you don't need a roommate who hates a friendly kitten coming over and wanting attention.

When I still was a student and rented a room I would have been excited if it came with a cat:D

Scritchies for Remus and Spook:)

catmandu
01-03-2005, 10:48 AM
We are so pleased,that the creep moved out,and Spook has a New Friend,to pal around with,and a New Friend to talk to.

jazzcat
01-03-2005, 10:53 AM
That's great news. Glad the other roommate is gone.:rolleyes:

How about some Remus and Spook pictures.:D