PDA

View Full Version : spade our outside kitty

mspepper
01-02-2005, 02:08 PM
this is spade
we named him that because he is as black as black can be with goregous yellow eyes
he has been coming round since the summer
We always thought he had a home but now we are not sure
I began feeding him a few months ago when I seen him outside eating some soggy bread (had rained)
I throw bread out to the birds and peanuts and walnuts to the squirrels daily
I have a dish outside for Spade and I fill it with dry cat food and he comes around quite often....
I tried to pat him yesterday and he hissed at me... he is not people friendly and I suspect more and more he is a stray kitty... Maybe he has never been patted or caressed.. it is so sad as some have so much (my pepper and dude) and spade appears to have none of that.....
God bless all the little dears....
just wanted to share
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/mspepper/spade.jpg

rg_girlca
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Thank you and bless you for caring enough to see that beautiful Spade has enough to eat. You are such a kind hearted person.

When he comes to eat, just talk to him softly from a distance and every few days, take a step or two closer. I'm sure in time he will let you pet him without hissing.

jazzcat
01-02-2005, 06:45 PM
What a handsome boy. I'm glad he has you to take care of him. Hopefully someday soon he will allow you to pet him.

Laura's Babies
01-02-2005, 08:19 PM
He is looking to you for food.... Over time, he may want petting, then holding and then a home? Keep feeding him.

catmandu
01-03-2005, 11:19 AM
I do know,waht you are going through,as I feed at least 4 Casts,that are Starys,and maybe more,as every morning,absolutley,everything,id eaten,everything! And the bwls,are so claened out,they glisten.We are praying,that you can tame Spade,and help him,get a Furr Ever Home!

rkidsrcats
01-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Keep talking to Spade - he'll come around. Our Norbert hissed at us for about 3 months before he let us pet him. Now he's the first one in line to get brushed and petted!
Thank you for feeding and caring for him - they all need someone to care. ;)

K & L
01-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Thank you for taking care of this baby. Any chance of trapping him and having him fixed?