PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer's being really nawtee

catnapper
01-02-2005, 10:41 AM
He has been chasing and tormenting Miss Abby non-stop. Its gotten so bad that even when he's being sweet and wanting to groom her that she no longer trusts him and she runs away. He keeps trying to bite her behind the head like he's trying to mount her! :eek: Then she hisses and runs away. He follows. Then a great chase begins and it usually ends with me shouting "POUNCER!" and me picking either Abby or him up.

This morning though, he got a taste oif his own medicine and Allen has spent the majority of the morning chasing after Pouncer and trying to do much the same he was doing to Abby. And this time he was reacting the same way Abby has been reacitng to him.

What is up with my big grey boy? Any way to get him to stop tormenting her? I don't want it to progress to the point where she won't lay on the bed with him or ever cuddle with him. She still does, but you can tell she's watching for him to make a move towards her.:confused:

catmandu
01-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I will have Pouncer ngel,give your Pouncer,a lecture,on chasing his fellow Cats,and hopefully he minds his Guardian Angel Cat!

catfamily
01-02-2005, 11:03 AM
My Lucy is tormenting Marshall almost the same way.I don't want to get too mad at her because I don't want to get her angry and make it worse.Sometimes I think it's more like playing but I know Marshall is somewhat getting afraid of Lucy now.And Lucy knows this.Maybe that's why she does it.. I don't know.I just keep picking either one up and make sure I pat Both of them so noone gets jealous.I'll try that for awhile.Good luck with Pouncer.You can't get to mad because it might make him want to lash out more.Hopefully it will pass .

catnapper
01-02-2005, 11:14 AM
What I don't understand is why he only does this to Abby. He could play as rough as he wanted with Harry. Instead he chooses to pick on little Abby. And she is little. Harry is a closer match in size, and the size difference is getting narrower by the day... Harry is growing up so fast and is going to be a big boy. Harry would offer Pouncer a fun almost evenly matched wrestling game.

Pouncer doesn't wrestle with Allen as much anymore because Allen IS the King and all Allen has to do is swiftly pin Pouncer and its over. Pouncer knows he'll loose a match with Allen any day. I was giggling to see Allen tormenting Pouncer all morning.

I do cuddle and love on Pouncer so that he won't feel jealous. I have been free-feeding him Kitten Chow, and since then his growling and hissing at Harry has stopped. So I am aware that Pouncer was/is a bit jealous of the kittens. I know I shouldn't free-feed him Kitten Chow because he is getting heavy, so what I've been doing is handing him cat food with sme kitten food mixed in. I'm slowly adjusting the ratio of Kitten Chow to cat food so that soon I'll just dish out cat food for him with a few pieces of Kitten Chow in it. That way he still feels like he's getting the same treat the kittens have gotten. I might even be as sinister as giving him Weight management food with Kitten Chow! Bwhahahaha! :D He refuses to eat from his old dish anymore. He only eats on the table in my office with the kittens.

kimlovescats
01-02-2005, 11:29 AM
I would say that the boys are sensing Abby's "coming of age"! Once she is spayed, this will probably settle down!:rolleyes: ;)

Kirsten
01-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I would say that the boys are sensing Abby's "coming of age"! Once she is spayed, this will probably settle down!:rolleyes: ;)

I was thinking the same. Hopefully this stops once Abby is spayed.

Lily says:

Dear Pouncer,

you really shouldn't behave like that. I mean, I have to admit it's also fun for me to sneak Luna from behind, and jump at her, or chase her, but Luna is so much bigger than I am, and she's still the alpha... I'm only teasing her a bit, that's all.

But Abby, she's still a little girl, and you're scaring her. Maybe you should come over here to Germany, and I will teach you how to treat a girl! ;)

Love, Lily ,,,^..^,,, "

catnapper
01-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Dear Lily,
I am so ashamed of my actions. Please do not look upon me with any less affection because of what I did. I'm just going what any older brother does - I am teasing my little sister about her changing hormones. I am currently trying to make up for being mean to her and have been cuddling with her in the basket for the past half hour or so. Do you think she'll forgive me?

PS: Abby just jumped out of the basket. I didn't push her out, no matter what meowmie might try to say. I am trying to be a good boy.
Love,
Pouncer

Kirsten
01-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Dear Pouncer!

Oh no, don't worry, I'm not thinking bad of you at all! Maybe I would act the same way if I had a younger brother or sister, I don't know...

But you know, your meowmie is very sad when you upset your little sister like that, so better be a good boy. I try to behave, too, but as I have to admit, at times, it's just fun being a bit naw-tee! :)

Love, Lily ,,,^..^,,,