PDA

View Full Version : Look what I got!!

catcrazylady
01-02-2005, 08:23 AM
No it's not another cat!;) :D

I was babysitting for my brother kids last night and when they came to pick them up my sister-in-law (more like my sister really) gave me a gift.
She said that it was a "it reminded me of you" gift. I LOVE it!! I thought that was so sweet of her. What she did not know was that I have fallen in love with this collection. It's Jim Shore's Heartwood Creek collection and I have been wanting the quilted cat collection so bad. I had decided I wanted all of his pieces that involve a cat. As some of you know hubby has only been working partial weeks for a bit and money has been tight so I put off starting this collection. They are not expensive but I love them!

Here is the piece that she brought me

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/pdcc586e3c5e4dcf73895ec8adb6e6f9d/f5a8699e.jpg

She did not know that I wanted this! He has five cats also and a Santa with a cat that I want too. A snowman too I believe. I have always shared my love of sewing quilts with my grandma so I have a special place in my heart for things that look quilted. His collection has it all....quilts and cats! My passions!!!:D
I just thought I would share this special moment and special gift. I just love her!! My sister-in-law and the Angel that is :D

catnapper
01-02-2005, 08:30 AM
How cool! I love that too! What a thoughtful gift from your SIL. I've never seen those figurines before and they are wonderful - the colors are so cheery and the cat has a marvelous expression.

K & L
01-02-2005, 08:31 AM
What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! I just love it!! Where do they sell them?

catcrazylady
01-02-2005, 08:33 AM
You will have to check out the whole collection because he has some really neat pieces. All of them have wonderful color and I think that attracts me too. He has some BEAUTIFUL angels. I'll have to try and find his website and post a link but a search on Jim Shore or Heartwood Creek will get you many links.

Thanks I'm glad you like her too!

Laura's Babies
01-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Wow!! I think all of us PT'er would share in your love of these.. It has everything I love to and the colors are awesome!

That was so sweet of her to get you something like this and to have it turn out to be something you have been wanting?? Amazing...all part of His plan!!

catfamily
01-02-2005, 08:45 AM
That's a beautiful gift.I also would like to check out that website when you find it.:D

kimlovescats
01-02-2005, 08:49 AM
I LOVE THAT TOO!!!! Must do a search and find those!!! CONGRATULATIONS, Lisa!!!!:D

edit: here is a link http://www.oldtowngifts.com/enesco_jimshore/heartwood_creek_cats.htm

catcrazylady
01-02-2005, 08:51 AM
You can buy his stuff in a lot of places and ebay as well. If you go to this sight you will find almost all of his pieces and at very good prices. I really love his cats and angels and his Noah's ark is stunning!

Click this link and choose Heartwood Creek under the Enesco listing.

www.theperfectsolution.com They have some of the best prices.

catmandu
01-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I do love that statue,and I found one at the Salvation army,with the Statue of saint Nicholas,a Mother Cat,and Kittens,and when I see it,I think,of Karina Angel.