PDA

View Full Version : Third Annual California BBQ!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

gini
01-01-2005, 08:29 PM
It isn't as though I am feeling pressured or anything:D :D , but a certain person from Canada and yeah, I hear some shouting from the rolling home too. And Laurie, is that you pounding on my door?

So, here you go................

The Third Annual California BBQ will be held on SATURDAY, JULY 16TH.

It was suggested that I leave the date open and let people pick a convenient July date........but I figured there is one of me........and a whole bunch of you.........so that date is firm!:) :)

Seven and a half months notice in advance ought to let you make a plan and obtain a good inexpensive airfare.

Seriously, I love putting this on, and everyone is welcome to attend. Trust me.........you haven't had lemonade until you let four Pet Talkers make it for you!

I hope many more can attend this year!

(oh, yeah, and there are slushies too!)

slick
01-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Who moi?????????? Let me see now, I'll have to check my social calendar and get back to ya! :D :D
196 days!!!!!

Nomilynn
01-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Can you tell me anything about either of these hotels? Like are they in a "good" area? I found them by searching your address, Gini, so they are supposedly close to you.

Econo Lodge
777 N. Vine St. , Hollywood, CA, US, 90038
Phone: (323) 463-5671 Fax: (323) 463-5675

Comfort Inn
321 North Vermont Ave , Los Angeles, CA, US, 90004
Phone: (323) 665-0344 Fax: (323) 665-1152

My dad is checking if he can get me a cheap rate at either of these (he manages a Comfort Inn) and I've found a flight on United, Seattle to Cali, for only $183... hmmm ;)

gini
01-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Yippee! Naomi, I will p/m you about these hotels.

slick
01-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I've found a flight on United, Seattle to Cali, for only $183... hmmm ;)
You're right Naomi....flights are alot cheaper leaving from Seattle. I'll probably fly down on the 13th or 14th so I can help with the prep work; maybe we can carpool to Seattle. I just did a search and found one for $226 CDN. I've emailed you some other info.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-02-2005, 02:03 PM
I wish you all would TRY to look forward to this or something! :D

All this reluctance is depressing! :D :D

NoahsMommy
01-02-2005, 08:17 PM
YIPPEE!!! I know its seven months away, but I'm already sooooooo excited!!!!! :D :D :D :D

wolf_Q
01-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I may make it to this one, but I'm not sure. :)

slick
01-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Oh Amy......
please, please, please try to make it! I really want to meet you.:)

seven months away
**ahem** don't you mean 6 1/2 months??? Let's not wait any longer than we have to!!!

lbaker
01-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Beware, I'll be there
The beast from the East
Meets the best from the West! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I've already got my plane ticket! By the time my boss told me I could have the full two weeks off for Christmas, I had already bought my ticket. Southwest lets you use an unused ticket anytime within a year of the original flight date, so since I didn't use that ticket for Christmas, I'll be using it for the BBQ! Yippeee!!! Not sure if Terry will come along or not, but we've got plenty of time to work on that. ;)

Any plans for doing Disney or something similar again this year? I would like to arrive a few days early and stay a few days late, but I'll have to see how my vacation schedule shakes out for the year.

Oooohhh Saaaarrraaahhhh.....ready for some Chicago company?;)

Can't wait!!!

NoahsMommy
01-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Any plans for doing Disney or something similar again this year?

First, yippee!!! Its going to be sooooo great to meet you, Debbie!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Second, I know Slick wants to make it a 2-day Disney trip this year. I'm planning on going with her. Disneyland is always a fun thing. ;)

NoahsMommy
01-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
Beware, I'll be there
The beast from the East
Meets the best from the West! ;)
:D You are too funny!!! Can't wait to see you again too!!! YIPPEE!! :)

slick
01-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I would like to arrive a few days early and stay a few days late, but I'll have to see how my vacation schedule shakes out for the year.
That's what I plan on doing Debbie.

I wish you all would TRY to look forward to this or something! All this reluctance is depressing!
Sorry Connie.....I'll try to cheer up..... :D :D

BCBlondie
01-03-2005, 12:02 PM
So is this happening in Southern California??

What about in Northern California? ;) It IS the "3rd Annual CALIFORNIA BBQ"....

But I may be able to make it wherever it is... I was planning on going down to SoCal around then anyway... maybe.... :p

catland
01-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Must... go... to... picnic....

Must... plan... now...

Nomilynn
01-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I was at the mall today and guess what - I bought a new peice of LUGGAGE!!! :eek: Sure, I can SAY it was just because it was a great deal but when I was rolling it around the store to test it out I couldn't help but imagine what kind of strange sign would await me at the LAX gate.... ;) ;)

slick
01-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Nomi......hee hee.....I did the same thing last year. Bought a whole new set! Can't figure why, it's not like you're bringing your luggage to the partee.:confused: :D

Must... plan... now...
Julie....are you serious? Are you really planning on attending? That would be soooo great. I'd love to meet you, too. Gini, this is going to be big.......better warn the neighbours.:D ;)

BCBlondie
01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
AHH!! :( Nevermind... It's in July?? I'll probably be in WA State in July for camp *sighs*.

What about changing it to June? Or August? ;)

NoahsMommy
01-03-2005, 04:54 PM
This is totally making my day!!! I can't wait to actually meet Nom!!! :) :) :)

You too, catland! :D

slick
01-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
This is totally making my day!!!
Let the silliness begin........can't wait to wet my pants again!!:D ;)

Nomilynn
01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by slick
Let the silliness begin........can't wait to wet my pants again!!:D ;)

Shall I bring you some *ahem* adult protection?

DI that sucks you have camp but maybe I'll come harass you there before I leave :D

BCBlondie
01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
DI that sucks you have camp but maybe I'll come harass you there before I leave :D
YAY!!!! :D
Lookin' forward to it! ;)

Uabassoon
01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Hopefully this year I can make it! I wanted to go last year but then too many things came up and I wasn't able to make it. Maybe this year I'll be there, it really isn't too far from me.

Nomilynn
01-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Hopefully this year I can make it! I wanted to go last year but then too many things came up and I wasn't able to make it. Maybe this year I'll be there, it really isn't too far from me.

YES I would get to meet my wife! :D LOL!

RICHARD
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
I won't be able to make it.....I have a parole hearing that week.

gini
01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Richard, the Bah Humbug season is over...........it is a brand new year and it is going to be a good one.

I'll call your lawyer or mine and we can get that hearing postponed!:D :D

Lord, what have you done now?:D :D

NoahsMommy
01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
But Richard, you've already missed so many, what one more????? ;)

slick
01-03-2005, 06:09 PM
:confused: :confused: This old geezer is so lost in the shuffle...I'm not sure if you're serious or not......

NoahsMommy
01-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Gini, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to take some of the planning pressure off you. I know you aren't too thrilled with Disney, so I don't think you'll mind. ;)

Anyone wanting to go to Disneyland PM me. We're looking at making this a 2-day trip for Sunday and Monday.

:)

gini
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Don't get me wrong about Disneyland........I LOVE DISNEYLAND.........but, over the years I have been there and been there and been there.....................with every relative that ever came into town for a visit.

However, if you have only been once, or have never been there it is absolutely a MUST!

zippy-kat
01-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Gini, ... I know you aren't too thrilled with Disney, so I don't think you'll mind. ;):)

It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world

a small, small worllllddddd....

(Or as my sis and I sing:
It's a pony after all
Because it isn't very tall... :rolleyes: )

AmberLee
01-03-2005, 08:46 PM
You're on my calendar. I'm not sure what will be going on, but I'm hoping to make it this year.

Edwina's Secretary
01-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Oooohhh Saaaarrraaahhhh.....ready for some Chicago company

Debbie...as you know the reason we moved to Southern California is to be able to offer overflow accomodations for Gini's bbq! :D ;) :D

The rooms are ready!

NoahsMommy
01-04-2005, 05:51 PM
I thought I'd let everyone know the cost of the Disneyland/California Adventures Tickets...just so you know how much $$ to reserve for those. ;)

Two-Day Park Hopper Pass
(This means you can hop back and forth between Disneyland and California Adventures during the two days.)
$105.00 (total, for two days, two parks)

One-Day Park Hopper Pass
(This means you can hop back and forth between Disneyland and California Adventures during the day.)
$73.00 (total, for one day, two parks)

One Day One Park Pass
(This is a one day pass to EITHER Disneyland OR California Adventures...no hopping allowed.)
$43.00 (total, for one day, one park)

Here is a link to the Disneyland Resort Website (this includes Disneyland and California Adventures): http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage&bhcp=1

:) PM me if you want to go! I'm planning on staying in LA on Saturday and Sunday evenings so I can drive myself and four other people. I'm sure there will be more drivers if there are more people interesting in going.

wolflady
01-04-2005, 06:06 PM
OMG! I was told that the 3rd annual PT BBQ was in the works! For anyone who is thinking about coming...please do so! It is a really great time and lots of fun people! Sounds like we already have a few "new" people coming this year! I can't wait! It should be fun.

Hopefully I can take at least one day off from work so I can do Disneyland :D
**hugs**

slick....crab dip? Baileys? *bats eyelashes* ;)

catland
01-04-2005, 06:47 PM
and we'll have fun, fun, fun, 'till my daddy takes my tbird away.....

Uabassoon
01-04-2005, 08:05 PM
I talked to Alexa today and she seemed up for a road trip to CA. So hopefully if everything works out the two of us will be there.

Nomilynn
01-04-2005, 08:24 PM
This is exciting!! :D :D

I'm still waiting to hear about a couple hotels I PM'd Gini about, but I have to know by Thursday so if I haven't heard anything is there anyone else that might know? Kelly - how familiar are you with that area?

YAY! :D

gini
01-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Naomi, I have p/m'd you tonight.

To all of you who are even thinking of attending.......it gets me so excited that I just might go out and clean the BBQ in the California rain!:D :D

If I don't respond immediately to this thread for a while, please know that it is just work that is keeping me away from Pet Talk.

You know all of those tax forms that you get in January? Well, I am one of the people that prepare them.

And when the IRS says mail before 1/31/2005..........I gotta do it.

wolflady
01-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
You're on my calendar. I'm not sure what will be going on, but I'm hoping to make it this year.

Yay! I hope you can come this year Amberlee. It's definitely a good time, and KAK and I have been carpooling these past 2 years. There's room for one more! ;) hint, hint

**hugs**

Uabassoon
01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, I just added this to my calander so I guess now I have to go.

wolf_Q
01-08-2005, 04:31 PM
My friend Cassie and I have talked about a road trip to California since we were in high school. We've also talked about driving to Las Vegas after we turn 21. Well we'll both be 21 by next July and we could stop in LV on the way to or from CA...

I talked to her today and she does want to go. As of right now I'm not sure if there would be a car available (certainly not mine!) that would make it there. So either I need to get off my butt and buy a new car, rent one, or something like that. Oh and hopefully we could umm navigate at least semi-well...I do have maps!

Anyway, please excuse my stupidity here. I've been to California once and I was 5. :o So please answer some questions for me:

What city is the PT meeting in?
How far is it from Disneyland?
How far is it from other CA attractions...such as Hollywood, Universal Studios, etc.?

luvofallhorses
01-08-2005, 04:43 PM
I wish I could come but I am going to Oregon. :( sorry

Crikit
01-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Man I wish I could go but alas the bbq is during the Stampede and I have a feeling that I will have a prior commitment with Smudge and the Superdogs. :(

LoudLou
01-08-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't know if any of you are or can be a NON-Profit org. but Disney does offer group discounts...

Are group rates available? Back to Top

Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park offer discounts for groups of fifteen or more from a qualified non-profit organization. For detailed information and prices, please contact our Group Sales office at (714) 956-6860â€_.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/detail?name=AboutDisneylandParkFAQDetailPage#qa3

Edwina's Secretary
01-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I read something about residents of Orange County* can buy discount tickets. I am a resident of Orange County (note to self....when ARE you going to get a California driver's license) so I will check into the possiblity of discount tickets. Surely I have gotten my license by then....;) :rolleyes: :D

*aka...behind the Orange Curtain

NoahsMommy
01-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I read something about residents of Orange County* can buy discount tickets. I am a resident of Orange County (note to self....when ARE you going to get a California driver's license) so I will check into the possiblity of discount tickets. Surely I have gotten my license by then....;) :rolleyes: :D

*aka...behind the Orange Curtain

Sara,

With my zipcode typed in, I would get the 2-day Hopper for $73 if I bought it online or for $106 if I bought it at the gate.

Hmmmm....it looks like we'd have to show proof of address when we got in though, too bad, I was thinking we could get the tickets for everyone. :(

NoahsMommy
01-09-2005, 06:08 PM
I KNOW its early, but I have an idea...

Let's get a running list of who will be able to attend. MAYBE we can share the same hotels down by Disneyland or L.A.??

Add your name if you are:

FOR SURE attending:
Gini ;) (at least, if we haven't already scared her off!)
Slick
Kelly
Sara
Debbie
Karen
Aaron
Laurie

Maybe:
Amberlee
Terry (??)

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Since my job situation is fairly flakey, could you put me in the maybe catagory?

Thanks!

NoahsMommy
01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Sure! :)

gini
01-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Gosh everyone, I just stopped by quickly to share something with you.

God has provided me with two INDOOR swimming pools. I don't think they are heated and the water isn't the cleanest.

One is in my basement and the other is in the garage.

Gotta run - I can't decide which to use first:( :( :( :eek:

slick
01-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles Gini and I sure hope nothing of value has been destroyed. (actually, I didn't even know you had a basement.) Hope your office is OK. I'd be down there in a flash to help you clean up if I could. Email me if you need to vent.
{{{HUGS}}}
slick
xoxo

wolflady
01-09-2005, 11:01 PM

Let's get a running list of who will be able to attend. MAYBE we can share the same hotels down by Disneyland or L.A.??

FOR SURE attending:
Slick
Kelly
Sara
Debbie (& Terry??)

Maybe:
Amberlee

Don't forget me!! Is this for Disneyland, or the BBQ in general? If I can get the time off, I would like to do a day at Disneyland:)

slick
01-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Don't forget me!! Is this for Disneyland, or the BBQ in general? If I can get the time off, I would like to do a day at Disneyland:)
Karen....I've borrowed a pair of Richard's kneepads.....:D :D

Paaaalllleeeeezzzzeeeee come to Dizzyland...... ;)

wolfsoul
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
I doubt I'll be able to make it, but I'm hoping. :)

lbaker
01-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Fur sure for the BBQ, not so for Dizzyland (been there, done that, had fun and would recommend for anyone that hasn't - really. I'm traveling down to visit my brother in San Diego after the BBQ so need the $$ for that). I was just wondering about the Will Rodgers museum and whether a horse ride might be in the realm of possibility. It was closed - more or less - last year, for those that weren't there, but the possibilities for a later visit just made my heart soar (and if we do get to ride maybe my butt sore :D )

zippy-kat
01-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I was just wondering about the Will Rodgers museum and whether a horse ride might be in the realm of possibility. It was closed - more or less - last year, for those that weren't there, but the possibilities for a later visit just made my heart soar (and if we do get to ride maybe my butt sore :D )

I'm not for sure about anything yet... work wise, it's looks like it's all a-go, but I forgot about a little something called summer skewl if I want to grad THIS FALL! (Can you believe it? I sure can't!)

I'm always up for anything to do with horses. If the Will Rogers museum isn't open, perhaps there's another nearby place offering a trail ride?

slick
01-10-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm up for some "horsing around". :) ;)

I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the long-horn cattle feed
On the lonely jimson weed
Back in the saddle again

I'm riding the range once more
Totin' my old 44
Where you sleep out every night
And the only law is right
Back in the saddle again

Whoopee-ti-yi-yo, rockin' to and fro
Back in the saddle again (once again)
Whoopee-ti-yi-yae, I go my way
Back in the saddle again

zippy-kat
01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
As per a signature I once had, way back when I broke my wrist at the university stables (the day before finals I might add :rolleyes: ):

Oh, Lord won't you buy me, a horse that won't buck.
Im tired of trying, to land standing up.
I spend all my time, brushing dirt off my butt.
Oh, Lord won't you buy me a horse that won't buck.

;)

Edwina's Secretary
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Gini...

If you get tired of your swimming pools...or just want to use an outdoor pool.....come on over to "Lake Snare"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p288bddd8e3da971c950b1d5a876d664c/f5868b95.jpg

it just keeps growing!

gini
01-10-2005, 02:36 PM
With the last downpour my garage flooded completely. It took less than 10 minutes with water about 2-3 inches deep. The majority of the water is coming from a house two doors away.

Just got that pumped out and now I am on my way to the basement to deal with that.

I think I have lost my freezer in the garage.

I don't have flood insurance - I have earthquake insurance.

No pictures - they just aren't pretty.

I will get back to all of you about your questions..........and I am sorry I have been neglecting this thread.

And it looks as though it is ready to cut loose again.....skies are jet black.:o :o :o

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Sorry about all the flooding, Gini. :(

I'm a definite for the BBQ, but everything else is up in the air, including Terry. ;) I don't know if he'll be attending or not, and I don't know how much time I'll have. I'd love to do a day at Dizzyland and a trail ride! It all sounds wonderful to me - even the sore butt part. ;) :D

wolflady
01-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Karen....I've borrowed a pair of Richard's kneepads.....:D :D

Paaaalllleeeeezzzzeeeee come to Dizzyland...... ;)

:o LOL LOL Now I just have to go to Dizzyland! That would be so much fun! :D
**hugs**

Laurie, a trail ride sounds like fun too! You can count Aaron out for that one though...for some reason horses and Aaron just aren't a good mix :o But I love it! :D

Yikes, Gini...this rain hasn't been good to you this year, has it?

Is it July yet???!!! :)

NoahsMommy
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
:o LOL LOL Now I just have to go to Dizzyland! That would be so much fun! :D
**hugs**
Uh, YEA you do!!!! You HAVE to come to Disneyland...we haven't been together since New Years of 2004!! You just HAVE too!! Want me to call your boss??? ;)

What about the Los Angeles Equestrian Center? Gini, do you know if they have riding? I can look that up too. :)

Gini, I'm so sorry you have two pools now. :( I didn't know you had a basement either. I hope the water will dry up for you soon.

NoahsMommy
01-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Gini,

When you can, let me know if any of these addresses are close to you. I did a search on riding stables in Los Angeles. :)

http://local.yahoo.com/results;_ylc=X3oDMTFlOTJlcmdtBF9TAzI3NjY2NzkEX3MDO TY2MTM3NjcEc2VjA2l5LWRkbG9jYWwEc2xrA21vcmU-?fr=dd-local-more&stx=horseback+riding&csz=Los+Angeles%2C+CA

zippy-kat
01-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Gini,

When you can, let me know if any of these addresses are close to you. I did a search on riding stables in Los Angeles. :)

http://local.yahoo.com/results;_ylc=X3oDMTFlOTJlcmdtBF9TAzI3NjY2NzkEX3MDO TY2MTM3NjcEc2VjA2l5LWRkbG9jYWwEc2xrA21vcmU-?fr=dd-local-more&stx=horseback+riding&csz=Los+Angeles%2C+CA

Psst.. the link doesn't work! :p

NoahsMommy
01-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Psst.. the link doesn't work! :p

Doh!! Sorry!

Here's a different one:
http://www.horseback.us/Horseback-Riding-Los-Angeles-California.html

This one looks neat...but I didn't know horseback riding was so expensive:
http://www.sunsetranchhollywood.com/nightride/index.html
Oh, not that expensive if we don't do an organized ride:
http://www.sunsetranchhollywood.com/rentals/index.html

gini
01-11-2005, 02:39 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I am not around more often.

Here is what I know.

The L.A. Equestrian Center doesn't offer rides. It is for boarding and they offer individual or group lessons. I used to take my niece there for her lessons and I just loved the place. But, you couldn't ride.

Will Rogers State Park should probably be open again. However, the horses you would have seen are boarded there by the polo player owners. I think you saw the huge polo field - really fun to just go watch them.

There is Griffith Park..........haven't been there in ages, and that is close to me. They used to offer rides. I should go look.

The Sunset Ranch you found, Kelly looks great. Not sure where it is.........but I could look that up.

I am not sure which day you would want to do this, but you can count on me and Scotty taking four other people. (if you don't whine and ask to stop for onion rings!)

luckies4me
01-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Count Freckles and I in! And if all works out with Olive, you'll get to meet TWO doggies! :D

I would LOVE to go to Disneyland too. Can I come, pretty pretty please? Don't know what I would do with Freckles then though...I know they have boarding at Disneyland. :p

lynnestankard
01-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Sorry guys - won't be able to make it this year either - hmph!:confused: :confused:

Will try harder next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :confused: :eek:

Lynne

lbaker
01-13-2005, 07:47 AM
:( :( :( I know, you are just pushing for us to come visit YOU! Oh OK OK...

gini
01-13-2005, 10:12 AM
:( :( :( I know, you are just pushing for us to come visit YOU! Oh OK OK...

Yeah, Lynne, you can't get out of things that easily. You just watch out - there will be a big surprise for you in 2006! {God Willing)

L4Me - glad that you can come. Rascal, Annie and Emma are asking me WHO'S FRECKLES???? He doesn't chase cats does he?

NoahsMommy
01-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I've been asked to start my "Kelly Kountdown" ;)

Kelly Kountdown: 184 days until the BBQ!!!!

;) I'll only do this every few days or once a week so we wont be tortured by how far away it is.

:D

gini
01-13-2005, 12:50 PM
OMD, I had better get busy!:D :D

NoahsMommy
01-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by gini
OMD, I had better get busy!:D :D
If you need help cleaning, you let me know.....

I'll send David over. ;)

ha ha

slick
01-13-2005, 01:31 PM
If you need help cleaning, you let me know.....I'll send David over. ;)ha ha
ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D OMD, thanks for the laugh.......;)

gini
01-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Kelly, does David pump water very well?

Can you believe it - it is Thursday and I am still pumping out the basement. It gives you all an idea of how much rain we really got. The ground is saturated!

But, I am grateful I have a basement to pump out - and I say prayers for the people that lost their lives and those who lost their homes in our recent storms.

Now...back to the BBQ (and work!):D

zippy-kat
01-13-2005, 06:07 PM
My boss has ok'd the date!

But, I won't know what days/dates my summer skewl will be until later into this semester.

gini
01-13-2005, 06:19 PM
My boss has ok'd the date!

But, I won't know what days/dates my summer skewl will be until later into this semester.

If skewl interferes with the BBQ, I will write you a note.

Love, "Mom"

lbaker
01-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Please excuse Tonya from her exams and studies at this time.. she has some personal business to attend to" Signed... her adopted Mom and her family. WE ARE FAM-ILY...

krazyaboutkatz
01-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Hi all. I just thought I'd pop in and let you know that I'll also be attending the 3rd annual BBQ this year.:D
I'll probably be riding down with Karen and Aaron unless I can get a great deal on a flight. I haven't been on a plane since 911 so it might be scary. I'd love to go horseback riding but I haven't done this in years either.:) This year should be the best BBQ yet.:D

gini
01-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Oh, I so wish that it was closer to July...........all of the responses are getting me excited.

I hope the Third Annual is the best.........with so many more people coming this year and having a chance to meet........I sure hope that it is.

Yeah, Tracey, maybe you and I can go and "watch" them horseback ride. I have a pretty funny story about the last time I rode a horse.........or was it the horse riding me?

slick
01-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh my, just the thought of seeing you all and giving you all a hug again makes my heart twitterpate......:) :)

**prays**
Please God make the time go faster.......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Just thought I'd add my post here so you can all see my siggy. Along with Kelly, the official countdown has begun!!!:D

slick
01-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Appies....I'm bringing down some BC smoked salmon. Maybe I can rustle up some cream cheese and toast points....:D

NoahsMommy
01-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Kelly Kountdown: 179 Days!!!

:D :D :D

Barbara
01-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I'll probably be riding down with Karen and Aaron unless I can get a great deal on a flight. I haven't been on a plane since 911 so it might be scary. I'd love to go horseback riding but I haven't done this in years either.:)

This sounds as if you were riding down from SF to LA on horseback. That's what we Europeans think you do all the time:D

(I'm just green of envy that I cannot go;) )

AmberLee
01-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
This sounds as if you were riding down from SF to LA on horseback. That's what we Europeans think you do all the time. ...

I'm almost positive I'll be flying in. Have people started commiting to hotels yet?

Uabassoon
01-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Alexa and I will be staying in Anaheim. I think we'll stay at the Ramada right by Disneyland. We stayed there last year, it wasn't great but for the price it isn't too bad. It nice to be able to walk to the park instead of dealing with parking there. I think we'll get in Friday night then head up to L.A. on Saturday for the BBQ. Then leaving early on Monday to drive back..

NoahsMommy
01-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

I'm almost positive I'll be flying in. Have people started commiting to hotels yet?

Amberlee...Slick will be staying at the Radisson on Wilshire. Its very close to Gini's and in a safe area. :)

Are you going to Disneyland too?

NoahsMommy
01-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Alexa and I will be staying in Anaheim. I think we'll stay at the Ramada right by Disneyland. We stayed there last year, it wasn't great but for the price it isn't too bad. It nice to be able to walk to the park instead of dealing with parking there. I think we'll get in Friday night then head up to L.A. on Saturday for the BBQ. Then leaving early on Monday to drive back..
YAY!!!! I'm so excited to meet you both! Disneyland will be a blast!!! Woo hoo!!!

Uabassoon
01-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Alexa and I have been talking and it looks like we are going to extend our trip for a day. I really want to go to California adventure since I've never been before. So we'll be getting a two day park hopper and spending one day at Disneyland and one at California Adventure.

I had a thought today, I know it's a cheesy one. But I was thinking that if enough people came to the BBQ maybe we should look into getting a t-shirt made. I think it would be a fun little souvienr or the trip. I know if you buy enough it's pretty cheap to get silk screen t-shirts. If no one likes the idea I totally understand!

AmberLee
01-19-2005, 12:35 AM
...But I was thinking that if enough people came to the BBQ maybe we should look into getting a t-shirt made. I think it would be a fun little souvienr or the trip. I know if you buy enough it's pretty cheap to get silk screen t-shirts. ...

Not to burden her unduely, but WolfLady designed a tee-shirt for something else a while back and it was adorable. Maybe she could do another design for us, huh, huh, huh, please? :p ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2005, 11:08 AM
I remember that Kelly and Karen were going to design t-shirts for the first LA PT BBQ but I guess either it was too difficult or not enough people were interested. I can't quite remember.:confused:
Those of you from last year please remember to bring your PT visors. I never did get a group shot of everyone wearing them.;)

Tonya
01-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Oooh! I really really want to go. I'm supposed to go back to work in the beginning of July though. It probably would not be cool to them if I took vacation time after being off for almost a year. I'll have to play it by ear.

slick
01-20-2005, 11:13 PM
OK....I was going to let Karen (Wolflady) post about this, but I can't wait (forgive me Karen...I'm just too excited! :D)
We spoke on the phone tonight and tossed around some ideas for the T-shirts. Before coming up with a design, we need to come up with a theme. This is BBQ #3. What represents #3?

All of you creative minds out there, start thinking. It would be so cool if we could get a group shot of all of us in Pet Talk T-shirts (some of us will have the visors from last year as well).

Throw your ideas out there and let's brainstorm.

gini
01-20-2005, 11:40 PM
I am so tired and I probably have a bunch of people angry at me because I haven't responded much to this thread. Just you wait until February and my schedule slows down!

Most important of all, everyone that has expressed an interest in attending is SO welcome. The more the merrier. Just tell me how many shrimp to put on the BAR BE.

If there is going to be a really big crowd with a large thirst for slushies, I may ask you all to bring some of the ingredients or contribute to the cost. That is the part that can become expensive. I hope you understand.

Hmmm #3

1. Karen
2. Paul
3. Pet Talk = THIRD ANNUAL CALIFORNIA BBQ

OR

1. Dog of the Day
2. Cat of the Day
3. Pet of the Day = THIRD ANNUAL CALIFORNIA BBQ

OR

1. Slushie
2. Slushies
3. Oh, hell, I may as well have a THIRD ANNUAL BBQ.

Like I said, I am really tired tonight..............

zzzzzzzzzzz

cloverfdx
01-21-2005, 06:33 AM
after spending the last hour reading through last years thread all i can say is......

I am so jealous right now :p. Gini i "love" your third Tshirt idea, that is great.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-21-2005, 10:31 AM
#3....Dale Earnhardt? NOT!!!

I like Gini's 3rd idea also. :D

Not to put any real pressure on anyone, but it would be neat if the "theme" of the t-shirt is something that can be continued forward in the years to come...

Unortunately I'm probably the least creative person here.....

slick
01-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I may ask you all to bring some of the ingredients or contribute to the cost.
Of course, Gini, we will be contributing. I plan on covering the cost of the chicken this year as well as making the Bailey's and an appy...and of course....some slushie and BM ingredients. ;)
While I do like your #3 suggestion Gini, we don't want the people to think that all we do is drink......;) ;)
I like your ideas Debbie about carrying forward the theme from year to year. Oh dear, listen to me...we are assuming that Gini will be hosting this every year.....is that pressure or what??!!:eek:

RedHedd
01-21-2005, 11:32 AM
OK, I must be having a blind moment, but for the life of me I can't find the DATE for the 3d CA BBQ! What is/are the date(s)? I'm going to Toronto 6/30 - 7/3 so I hope it's not that weekend.

wolflady
01-21-2005, 11:32 AM
LOL LOL Slick! You beat me to it! :p

Yes, I recall coming up with some designs for some meeting, but I can't remember what they were or what meeting it was for. Amberlee, do you still have copies of designs that I might have sent you? I know I don't have them anymore :o

I'll ponder some on the "theme" as well. Does Mr. Fish have any ideas??
:p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
OK, I must be having a blind moment, but for the life of me I can't find the DATE for the 3d CA BBQ! What is/are the date(s)? I'm going to Toronto 6/30 - 7/3 so I hope it's not that weekend.

7/16/05

Gini's place

Be there!

RedHedd
01-21-2005, 12:48 PM
7/16/05

Gini's place

Be there!

Yes M'am! ;)

zippy-kat
01-21-2005, 01:40 PM
The 3-theme that first struck me was one produced by Mossimo(?) a few years back:

One Tequila,
Two Tequila,
Three Tequila,
FLOOR!

However, since we're trying to stay away from the drinking theme the only other things I can think of are:

Stop posting,
Drop by Gini's,
and Roll with laughter

and

The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the (west) Coast
and we were singing:
Byeeeee, byeeeee Miss American Pieeeeeee
Drivin' my Nissan I got the lease on to Miz G's; buh-bye!
Them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye ---

(Yeah and the scary part is, this is me completely sober! ;) )

Edwina's Secretary
01-21-2005, 02:42 PM
behind door number three....

catland
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
My (fill in the blank) went to Gini's 3rd annual PetTalk barbeque and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

wolflady
01-21-2005, 04:18 PM
I was just thinking about the very first PT BBQ we had and we were out on Gini's front porch when some unsuspecting neighbors walked by and asked "What's a Pet Talker?" Hmmm...LOL maybe we could come up with something about that?

I can't wait for this year's meeting full of good friends, good food and good fun! :D LOL

zippy-kat
01-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Lemme preface all this by saying I know NOTHING about having Tshirts made, but...

Perhaps we should do a "headcount" (via a poll?) of those interested to make sure it's going to be worth the effort for the co-ordinators?

Also, I have no idea how it compares in price but setting up a cafepress shop ( http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/ ) might be a nifty idea. Mugs, tshirts, sweatshirts, you name it - they probably have it...

It also might be neat to have ...say a mug... with everyone's autograph on it. (Everyone sign a sheet of paper at the BBQ. Sheet's then scanned onto the website. That image is placed on the mug or xyz product.) That could be done/ordered through cafepress, too.

Just food for though. :)

NoahsMommy
01-21-2005, 07:22 PM
That's a fun site Tonya!!!

We should wear these, in honor of Slick:
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/7/11396247_F_tn.jpg

Even I might be convinced to wear this one, sans the Pug on the back:
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/1/8107901_F_tn.jpg

He so totally DID!!! ;)
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/0/16480570_F_tn.jpg
With Karen's "What's a Pet Talker?" on the front??

This one is actually kind of cute...
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/8/15553488_F_tn.jpg

Tonya, I like the mug idea!

Hey, can the shirts we get be pink and sparkly???

NoahsMommy
01-21-2005, 07:24 PM
ooooh, had an idea. What if we each picked out our own shirts, should we choose to participate, and had them made with the "What's a Pet Talker??"

Then we can surprise everyone at the BBQ??

Just a thought. :)

slick
01-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I really like the idea of the sigs on the mug. Sigs on a T-shirt will eventually fade in the wash.

http://storetn.cafepress.com/3/3213713_F_store.jpg

Here's one for Richard....;)

Kelly, don't give me ideas.....I still haven't decided what I'm wearing when I get off the plane.....

Also, I'm bouncing around the idea of flying down but taking the Amtrak back (thanks to Kelly's suggestion). We'll see.

NoahsMommy
01-22-2005, 08:33 PM
KELLY KOUNTDOWN: 174 DAYS!!

slick
01-22-2005, 08:41 PM
KELLY KOUNTDOWN: 174 DAYS!!:D
OMD....should I start packing????? Is it too early to say

EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!:D :D

lbaker
01-23-2005, 08:24 AM
OMD! Gini, I think we're gonna need a bigger boat!! :eek: ;)

wolflady
01-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I love the mug idea. Here's a thought...how about I ask Karen if we can use the Pet Talk logo on the front of the mug, and on the back we can have: 3rd Annual Pet Talk BBQ then all of the signatures of the people attending. What do ya'll think? :D

I'd proudly drink out of that mug at work...:p

wolflady
01-23-2005, 01:25 PM
I was looking over that website that you posted, Tonya...and they have mugs and....beer steins! LOL
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&no=0

LOL LOL

Anyway, you can have a front and a back design, so all we would have to do is submit a jpg or png of the Pet Talk logo and I could make up the text for the back...how would we go about getting the signatures though?
The custom mugs are $10.99 (Beer Steins are $13.99), so we could take requests for everyone who wants one, then collect the $$ at the BBQ itself.

wolflady
01-23-2005, 01:31 PM
ooooh, had an idea. What if we each picked out our own shirts, should we choose to participate, and had them made with the "What's a Pet Talker??"

Then we can surprise everyone at the BBQ??

Just a thought. :)

LOL LOL That's a good idea too! There are several different shirt styles at that website that Tonya posted, so all we would have to do is take orders on shirt style from everyone who wants one, then put the same images on each one :)

I'm with you on the pink and sparkly;) :D LOL

NoahsMommy
01-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm with you on the pink and sparkly;) :D LOL
Yay!!! To Pink and Sparkly!!!! ;)

lbaker
01-24-2005, 01:41 PM
well i was with you all the way until you hit the "pink & sparkly".. er, more of a blue denim type myself :o :o

aly
01-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi guys,

I was just reading over this thread and thought I'd encourage you all to do the horseback riding idea. A few years ago during one of my frequent trips to Cali, I went horseback riding in the Hollywood hills. It was FUN! I will try to find the name of the place I went to because it was so great :)

I wish I could see you all, but I'll be in LA not until a week after the scheduled BBQ weekend.

KEL - amen to pink and sparkly!!

lbaker
01-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Now Aly, just because Skylar's little nose is pink and sparkly....... ;) How long will you be in LA? I'll be in San Diego after the BBQ but might be flying back FROM LA the week after the BBQ! Please give my niece & nephew nose kissies from me.

aly
01-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Now Aly, just because Skylar's little nose is pink and sparkly....... ;) How long will you be in LA? I'll be in San Diego after the BBQ but might be flying back FROM LA the week after the BBQ! Please give my niece & nephew nose kissies from me.

I think I'll be there for a week. Its not a definate yet, but its a 'pretty sure' :) My boyfriend has a conference there and I wanted to go along with him to see my birth state again since its been a couple years :) I will let you know for sure when I do!

Reecie and Lolly send many nose bumpies, butt waggles, face slurpiez, and leg rubbiez galore!!

Nomilynn
01-24-2005, 04:54 PM
ummm Kelly that shirt should be in honour of Slick AND me!!!!! :p

I honestly wouldn't wear the tshirts after the meeting.. sorry to be a bummer :( But I LOVE the mug idea.

I'm still planning on being there.. it all just depends on cost, cost, and cost :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 11:21 AM
I honestly wouldn't wear the tshirts after the meeting.. sorry to be a bummer :( But I LOVE the mug idea.

Ummm.....I hadn't thought of this, but I have to agree. I really don't wear t-shirts - except to bed....but I, too, really love the mug idea! Even if we just had the mug with the pt logo and the 3rd annual thing on the back without the signatures, it would be great! I think getting the siggys on would be kind of hard. And just think, if we ordered the mugs ahead of time, we could all drink our slushies out of the mugs! :D

gini
01-25-2005, 11:24 AM
And when the police arrive (because of the noise) - they would say "oh, look, they are all drinking coffee.":D :D :D

lbaker
01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Please notice, Gini said "when the police come".. not "if" :D :eek: :p

slick
01-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh, but maybe we could ask Mr. Police Occifer to join us, Gini???;) ;) :D

NoahsMommy
01-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh, but maybe we could ask Mr. Police Occifer to join us, Gini???;) ;) :D
ONLY if he's HOT!!! ;)

gini
01-25-2005, 12:11 PM
At my age, what I ask is "can you BBQ??":D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 12:33 PM
ONLY if he's HOT!!! ;)

And lots of HOT police buddies with him! Or at least within a radio call's range. ;)

Hey, just because I'm "attached" doesn't mean I can't look, right? ;) :D

gini
01-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Well girls, one of my projects in my Rotary Club is to organize the POLICEMAN AND DETECTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARDS.

You are talking to the right lady! I can see my neighbors now........all of the Pet Talkers and tons of police cars on my block.

Gee, and who woulda thunk it - she looks like such a nice lady:D :D

lbaker
01-25-2005, 01:48 PM
When are these awards Gini? The weekend of July 16th? Wowzers, talk about a field trip :eek: You can forget Dizzyland, I'm going to Fantasy Land :p :D

slick
01-25-2005, 01:55 PM
When are these awards Gini? The weekend of July 16th? Wowzers, talk about a field trip :eek: You can forget Dizzyland, I'm going to Fantasy Land :p :D
ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D Stop it you guys...I'm trying to get some work done here......
I guess I could just log off..... :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 02:29 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D Stop it you guys...I'm trying to get some work done here......
I guess I could just log off..... :rolleyes:

No, that would be impossible, Slick. Work can wait. :D

Detectives....oooohhhhh....they're more intriguing (sp?) than policemen....always some secret mission.....:cool: ;) :D

Gini, couldn't you arrange it so one of the things the award winners win is a BBQ at your house? Say...the weekend of July16th? ;) :D

NoahsMommy
01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
At my age, what I ask is "can you BBQ??":D

I have an idea...let's first attract the hottie police men, THEN, when they leave, set the BBQ on fire and attract the hottie firemen.

YEA!!!

(we really don't have to set it on fire, just pretend to)

slick
01-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Kelly, didn't Modesto Tonya say that she lived next door to a bunch of firemen????

Oh my....it's getting hot in here again.... :D :D

NoahsMommy
01-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Kelly, didn't Modesto Tonya say that she lived next door to a bunch of firemen????

Yes she did!! Hey, Tonya, send them on down!!! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Speaking of pink and sparkly....Edwina suggests....

http://secure.potpourrigroup.com/CatalogSites/images/D12095B.jpg

gini
01-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Richard is going to look just lovely in that, Sara!

(poor Richard, picking on him again - or is it still?)

Edwina's Secretary
01-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes...it is just his color don't you think????;) :D :p

lbaker
01-26-2005, 06:23 PM
HEY HEY HEY :eek: I think Richard and I are going to walk in wearing our leathers.. and boots and spurs. These boots were made for walking
That's just what we'll do!
One of these days these boots
Are gonna walk all over you!
hehehe... I bad

slick
01-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry, I don't do pink, sparkly, or frilly anything.....

I'll join Laurie with the boots and spurs...... but I don't ride bareback....:eek: ;)

gini
01-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, I don't mind pink and sparkly - but Rascal just put his paw down on this one...........he refuses to wear pink!

So he will join Richard, Laurie and Slick in their nifty boots and spurs.....and could Rascal have some chaps please?

Oh, my, the police and firemen are going to have a field day!

slick
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
could Rascal have some chaps please
I could use a nice young chap myself....preferrably Mr. Police Occifer. :D
sorry...couldn't help myself... :o :o

Edwina's Secretary
01-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Chaps???...did someone say chaps???....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/pdf1cb115fcd8a403caeb0611f59b1b8e/f83dc7f7.jpg

Freckles
01-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey, that's Eddie! I thought just HH dressed up.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-27-2005, 04:14 AM
I wish I could be there too!! The first BBQ originally was organized because of our visit to the USA 2 years ago...:) . But then I got really sick and got a major back operation :(
I am afraid I will never be able to make it there again.... . This is making me so sad...http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20953%20crying.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20953%20crying.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20953%20crying.gif

gini
01-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Dear Lut, yes, the very first BBQ was organized just because of your visit. All of us were so sad when it was not to be.

But take heart.........I think these planes run in both directions..........you never know when you might have visitors!!!

lbaker
01-27-2005, 08:10 AM
HERE HERE, (THERE THERE???) PT'ers can be EVERYWHERE!

slick
01-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Hmmmm, the 2nd annual BBQ thread got 11,447 views. This year's so far is 2300 and the month isn't even over yet.

2300 x 6 = 13,800....I can still do the math...:D

Not quite sure why I brought up that insignificant piece of trivia....it's just too early in the morning I guess.

I wonder if there is any way we can arrange a phone call with Lut on the big day.

gini
01-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Slick, what a great idea! One of the things that I loved from last year is that we got to talk to Nicole (Miss Meow), Connie, Phred, Naomi, gosh, who have I forgotten?

We will just have to remember the time difference, so we don't wake Lut up in the middle of the night!

NoahsMommy
01-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Gini, you forgot Staci! ;)

Yes, calling Lut would be so great!! And...we can set up a "chat" on your computer, Gini. That way, anyone that wants to chat can any time they are awake.

Want a Disneyland Uppydate??

Attending (for sure):
Me!
Slick!
Laura & Alexa
Karen & Aaron

Hopefully, Maybe (they just HAVE to!):
Naomi
Tonya
Uh...a "secret" guest ;)

Anyone else?? Debbie??? Tracey?? Amberlee??

slick
01-28-2005, 04:58 PM
:D :D :D I've got a surprise for the BBQ and I'm not telling..... :D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-28-2005, 05:05 PM
:D :D :D I've got a surprise for the BBQ and I'm not telling..... :D :D :D

You are so mean!

So what is it, did you talk to Modesta Tonya and the firemen are coming for a visit? :cool:

lbaker
01-28-2005, 05:57 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

slick
01-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Sorry, my lips are sealed.......you won't even get the slightest hint! HA!

Uabassoon
01-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Do you think maybe Tonya could bring some Firewomen?

NoahsMommy
01-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Do you think maybe Tonya could bring some Firewomen?

I know a young female paramedic who is REALLY, REALLY pretty. Hmm....maybe I'll see if she's free. ;)

slick
02-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Joy of joys. I got my Air Miles statement in the mail.....guess what I've earned since September?

9 Air miles!

Like I said before, it's not enough to earn me a stick of gum. :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
02-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Today my prof's are meeting to discuss dates/times of summer skewlllll.... should know sometime next wk I guess....

gini
02-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Zip, give me their phone number............I will call them!:D :D

It is mandatory that an adoptive mother be able to see her daughter at least once a year!

slick
02-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Today my prof's are meeting to discuss dates/times of summer skewlllll.... should know sometime next wk I guess....
Zip....You'd better be there....it just wouldn't be the same without you sis. If you can't make it, looks like maybe a trip to NM for a few of us....;)

Nomilynn
02-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Zip....You'd better be there....it just wouldn't be the same without you sis. If you can't make it, looks like maybe a trip to NM for a few of us....;)

Oh mememememe!!! I want in on the NM trip ;)

I have a bunny to steal from down there!!! :D

zippy-kat
02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
NO stealing bunnies!

But I do have a freshly neutered, grey/brown tabby kitten I'll barter with. :rolleyes:

You guys could come from my gradjamadation...
I hadn't planned on walking in the commencement ceremony but could be persuaded.

slick
02-06-2005, 09:36 PM
You guys could come from my gradjamadation...
When is it??? You never know....do you think Hobbs airport could stand seeing me dressed up??? ;) :D

gini
02-06-2005, 09:44 PM
If Zip's parents wouldn't shoot us - we could really stir up some trouble in Hobbs.

Oh, and this just gave me the best idea for the BBQ.............and I am telling absolutely NO ONE! :D :D

slick
02-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Gini...I know how your mind works....and I think I can guess......;) :D

zippy-kat
02-07-2005, 12:21 AM
When is it??? You never know....do you think Hobbs airport could stand seeing me dressed up??? ;) :D

Uhh... sometime in December. lol :o

Hobbs airport? bahahahaha... yeah we have one but it only houses vomit comets (the teeny-tiny planes that can't keep a steady crusin' altitude).

Actually, I attend Texas Tech (which is where the commencement would be held) located in Lubbock, TX (little less than 2 hours from my house). Lubbock has a MUCH BIGGER airport (and is quite a bit bigger in general) than Hobbs.

The other option would be to fly into Midland/Odessa, TX -- which is also a little less than 2 hrs away.

Hobbs is pretty hard to entertain in -- we have a super walmart and a casino, that's pretty much it. lol I don't know my way around Lubbock like I do Midland/Odessa but I'd be game for whatever!

If you guys were up for a little bit of travelin' we could go visit the Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands (http://www.nps.gov/cave/ and http://www.nps.gov/whsa/ respectively, sorry too lazy to "correctly" link lol) - both are within 3 hrs from Hobbs.

You guys could just come visit in October -- the Arabian horse show is in Albuquerque for the last time ever (or until they change the rules). *pout* And, as long as you don't get me too involved in conversation (*cough, ALY!, cough*), I don't miss any turns. ;) ('Course if I'd have actually made the turn, we wouldn't have been able to watch the homeless guy poop in the median-thingie on the interstate! :eek: :o )

gini
02-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Hey, Slick..............I might be able to do some TEX-US.............

It is the least we could do for our daughter/sis as she graduates.

Zip, do you know that Slick called me Turkey Lips?? Well, I guess it is better than Turkey Feet!

slick
02-07-2005, 06:53 PM
http://www.hobbspd.com/wanted.htm

Maybe I can find me a man in Hobbs.....;)

Uabassoon
02-07-2005, 06:59 PM
You should go for the guy with a tattoo of a naked woman on his back! He seems like a winner!

slick
02-07-2005, 07:35 PM
You should go for the guy with a tattoo of a naked woman on his back! He seems like a winner!
:D :D Too funny Laura. If he's not available, there's always the handsome Police Occifers.....

shais_mom
02-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I may make it to this one, but I'm not sure. :)

I may be there too!! ;)

shais_mom
02-09-2005, 12:07 AM

FOR SURE attending:
Slick
Kelly
Sara
Debbie
Karen
Aaron
Laurie

Maybe:
Amberlee
Terry (??)

MMMEEEEEEEEE (Staci) and possibly another person

gini
02-09-2005, 01:24 AM
I cannot believe that I am making plans for a BBQ months away!

How much fun I am having...............and thanks to all of you.

Please don't forget Richard or Tonya and of course, Tracey!!

There have been more that have expressed an interest, so I think we need to wait a bit and see how the list develops.

My car seats four besides me..............just tell me when..........where............and I can pick up at airports or drop off at airports/trains/buses etc.

I just hope everyone loves lemonade - because we perfected it last year.............even though it took four of us to do it.
:D :D

lbaker
02-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Was it four for lemonade Gini? Did you forget Mario? Don't know when I'll arrive but I will have a surprise when I get there ;) hehehehe

slick
02-09-2005, 07:30 AM
OMD Laurie....a surprise??? The least you can do is give us a hint....
BTW...paaaallllleeeezzzeeee say you will fly in on Friday!!!!;) ;)

lbaker
02-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Give you a hint Slick?? Is it not you and Debbie that have some diabotical "thing" happening that's going on? If you and I should show up at the airport about the same time who's going to cover our bail money :rolleyes:

slick
02-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Is it not you and Debbie that have some diabotical "thing" happening that's going on? Who moi???? Why, whatever are you talking about???? Besides, I initially told Gini I would show up on Thursday, but now I'm thinking Wednesday.....IF Gini will have me, that is. Hey, I've got a surprise too but my lips are sealed.

Hee Hee, can you imagine Gini showing up to pick up both of us at the same time?? OMD, I don't think the airport can handle it, even if it is LA!!! :D :D More in a PM.

lbaker
02-09-2005, 08:05 AM
the plot thickens

slick
02-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Staci.....I can hardly wait to meet you. So glad you'll be part of the crowd this year. :) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Give you a hint Slick?? Is it not you and Debbie that have some diabotical "thing" happening that's going on?

Wait a minute...wait just a minute! Me? Diabolical??? Where, when, please fill me in! ;)

Guess I'll be in charge of the bail money.....;)

Staci! Are you really going to be there too!? Yippee!!! This just keeps getting better and better! :D

Uabassoon
02-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I know we have a few fans of Starbucks here, I get a free lb of coffee a week so my cupboards are currently overflowing with the stuff. And that's because everyone I know got coffee for Xmas (yes, I know I'm cheap)! So if anyone would like a free pound of coffee let me know what your favorite blend or single origin is and if you want it whole bean or ground. I know Zippy likes Breakfast blend, so feel free to give me any requests.

shais_mom
02-09-2005, 10:53 PM
I was thinking of flying out on Thursday and coming back on Monday or Tues.
yupper!! Debbie!!
I will be a familiar face :)
Along with Sara of course! :)

wolf_Q
02-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Staci I really hope you can come!

I really hope I can come too...lol... I'm still bugging Cassie about driving over there with me. Hey does anyone know what age you have to be to rent a car? I hope it's 21 :o not older than that. I don't currently have a car that would make it so we'd have to rent one or something...

NoahsMommy
02-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Hey does anyone know what age you have to be to rent a car?
I think Enterprise Rent-a-Car is the only one that will rent to people under 25. :)

I'm crossing my fingers that you, Stac, Tonya and Naomi will be able to make it.

Hey, is it time for a KELLY KOUNTDOWN yet?? I think so... ;)

KELLY KOUNTDOWN: 156 days till the 3rd Annual CA BBQ!!!

zippy-kat
02-10-2005, 05:35 PM
My class will definitely be on Thursdays... have yet to decide if I'm dumb enough to take two during the summer when things are rushed as is. If I take another, it will be on Tues or Wed. So, travel days will have to be worked around that...

I'm so sick of school I could scream!
(And yet I'm kinda sad that it's so close to graduation. :rolleyes: lol )

Starbucker Laura's my new bestest friend! ;)

Can't wait to meet everyone!:D

slick
02-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Zip, even if you take two classes you can still be there from Friday to Monday; not long enough as far as I'm concerned, but you just have to be there. :) What about your cousin? Oh, wait a minute....two Zippy's at one parteee!!!??? I don't know if Gini can handle that. :D

Amy, I sure hope you can make it. :)

wolflady
02-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I know we have a few fans of Starbucks here, I get a free lb of coffee a week so my cupboards are currently overflowing with the stuff. And that's because everyone I know got coffee for Xmas (yes, I know I'm cheap)! So if anyone would like a free pound of coffee let me know what your favorite blend or single origin is and if you want it whole bean or ground. I know Zippy likes Breakfast blend, so feel free to give me any requests.

OMG!! Me! Me! Me!!!!!!! :D Wow, choices, eh?? I like the breakfast blend too.

You rock! ;)

Maybe I should go ahead and start getting some CA PT BBQ #3 coffee mugs made after all!

:cool:

zippy-kat
02-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Heeeeeyyyy, just read that Kelly wants a flirty black kitty tattoooo....

(stranger things have happened in the tiki room!)

Mom, you know about the hotels (should I add appliance shops in there too? ha! ), but what do you know about tattoo parlors? :p

Nomilynn
02-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Here's a pic of a tattoo I found online a while ago and saved to my comp.. hmmm....

Tonya - so does this mean it's confirmed??? ;)

slick
02-11-2005, 12:25 PM
should I add appliance shops in there too? :D :D ROFLMAO!!!! Oh Zippy.....I have not been appliance shopping for decades.....so looking forward to it! Gini, are you coming along too? ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
:D :D ROFLMAO!!!! Oh Zippy.....I have not been appliance shopping for decades.....so looking forward to it! Gini, are you coming along too? ;) :D

Wait a minute....what did I miss....appliances??? :confused:

gini
02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
I don't think they mean toasters..................

lbaker
02-11-2005, 01:07 PM
* slaps hands tightly over mouth * mphhhft mffuirhb :o :eek: :D

NoahsMommy
02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Heeeeeyyyy, just read that Kelly wants a flirty black kitty tattoooo....

(stranger things have happened in the tiki room!)
Ah, yes...the Tiki Room.... ;)

Don't tempt me. I'm already in my "defiant" mood and might still be there until the BBQ. I'm SOOOOO up for a black kitty tat!! :D

should I add appliance shops in there too? ha!
Um...do you mean "appliance" stores? Is this going to be a naughty BBQ? (:o Should I be posting this in the Dog House??) Do they have dragons there??? :eek:

I'm probably so off base from what you're actually talking about...but like I said...defiant. ;)

gini
02-11-2005, 01:57 PM
:eek: :eek: The BBQ hasn't even been held yet, and it is completely out of control!!:D :D

slick
02-11-2005, 02:02 PM
* slaps hands tightly over mouth * mphhhft mffuirhb
ditto......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Waaaahhhh.....<pout><pout>

Now Kelly has me really intrigued. Tattoos and "appliances?" Do I need to get a note from my mom that it's ok for me to attend this BBQ? :D

lbaker
02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
One thing you WOULD NOT want to do is explain to your mother why you might need a note. Get Mario to write one instead :p

slick
02-11-2005, 02:37 PM
OMD.....I need a note from my mother now???? :eek: :confused: Maybe I should just bring her along too...:D

NoahsMommy
02-11-2005, 03:32 PM
No moms allowed!! ;) (j/k) Well....except our Gini. :D

:) :) :)

wolflady
02-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Here's a pic of a tattoo I found online a while ago and saved to my comp.. hmmm....

Tonya - so does this mean it's confirmed??? ;)

Cute!! Maybe all of us gals should go get one of these. I've been thinking about getting a small tasteful tattoo that I can easily hide for quite some time now...only I'm chicken. I don't do pain well.
:rolleyes:

Any news on the mugs? :confused:
Kelly, maybe we should put a dragon on the mug as a design:p
LOL LOL LOL:p

Uabassoon
02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Kelly, maybe we should put a dragon on the mug as a design

No dragons! Ewwwww!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Dragons and tattoos and mothers and "appliances." I just can't keep up with you guys! That is an adorable kitty! I wonder if I can get my dumb rose/butterfly tattoo covered up with that kitty? Might be kind of big though....

NoahsMommy
02-11-2005, 03:45 PM
A GROUP tattoo trip??? Oh I am SO in!!! :D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm only in if Richard is in too! :D

NoahsMommy
02-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Kelly, maybe we should put a dragon on the mug as a design

No dragons! Ewwwww!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! ;)

slick
02-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Ewwww, no "real" tattoos for me...the though of a tiny needle sticking colour into my skin give me the heebie geebies. I'll settle for a temporary one that washes off after so many days. OK, call me chicken.....(no comments from you Gini....) ;)

As for dragons, I love them. I was born in the year of the Dragon and besides, I'm in love with Puff.

I really really like the idea of the mugs. How can we make it work and what can I do to help see this through?

wolflady
02-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Ewwww, no "real" tattoos for me...the though of a tiny needle sticking colour into my skin give me the heebie geebies. I'll settle for a temporary one that washes off after so many days. OK, call me chicken.....(no comments from you Gini....) ;)

As for dragons, I love them. I was born in the year of the Dragon and besides, I'm in love with Puff.

I really really like the idea of the mugs. How can we make it work and what can I do to help see this through?

I'm a dragon too, slick! ;) Born in the year of the dragon: 1976!

I would be happy to coordinate the mugs, I just need to get everyone's opinion on what to have put on them and also how many people want them. I'd be happy for some help though ;)
**hugs**

slick
02-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Karen, I'm going to email you tomorrow because I've got lots of questions. I might speak to our Marketing Dept and get some ideas. I'll keep you posted.

NoahsMommy
02-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Year of the Dragon Girls??? That is too funny!!!

I want a mug and am willing to help do whatever you'd like. :)

wolflady
02-11-2005, 04:05 PM
That would be great slick.

I have some ideas for the mugs...so you, Kelly and I can bounce ideas off each other ;)

http://www.bluemoondragoncreations.com/images/icons/chindragred100.gif

slick
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
can bounce ideas off each other
Ouch.....watch the head......:D ;)

zippy-kat
02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Karen, if you don't do pain - don't get one on your toe! :eek: (Yeah... they wait until AFTER the tat to tell me it's the most painful place to get one.) The lady who did mine, said that "fatty" areas are the least painful... of course this means the swank flirty cat of today might be a mountain lion by the time you're 80! (ewww...)

I'm up for a tat... just hafta think of where. I might draw my own again though. Hmm...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was born in the year of the monkey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for appliances...
Ladies, meet the dishwasher! (http://verygoodlookingguys.homestead.com/topics/opened/Josh680.jpg)
meOW! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanna mug, toooo!

slick
02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
OMD.....BE STILL MY HEART!!! Could that be Hot Toddy????;)

gini
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
As for appliances...
Ladies, meet the dishwasher! (http://verygoodlookingguys.homestead.com/topics/opened/Josh680.jpg)
meOW! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~
NO PAPER PLATES THIS YEAR!!!!

Uabassoon
02-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I was born on the year of the Cock, 1981.

slick
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
LMAO Laura!! Around here they call it a Rooster (must be politically correct, you know) ;)

Gini, just leave it to me. I'll show Mr. Dishwasher around the kitchen...it's not like I haven't snooped in your drawers before....:eek: :D

gini
02-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah, now that HE is going to be here - you are all up for the kitchen duty. Leave my drawers out of the discussion here too.:D :D :D

The year of the rooster - ya cleaned that one up in a hurry.

I was born in the year of the dragon.

Uabassoon
02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Around here they call it a Rooster (must be politically correct, you know)

I generally see it as Rooster, but sometimes Chinese restaraunts just don't know! I remember a kid I would always want to cry when I looked down at those place mats and saw that I was a Cock.

catland
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
I think I must have been born the year of the insane ferrett.

Gini - there's a lot of dirty dished stacking up over at Thursday's - how 'bout we give that dishwasher a test drive.:eek: ;)

gini
02-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by catland
I think I must have been born the year of the insane ferrett.

Gini - there's a lot of dirty dished stacking up over at Thursday's - how 'bout we give that dishwasher a test drive.:eek: ;)

Yeah, let's have him strut his stuff...........er..........I mean do the dishes.

"I generally see it as Rooster, but sometimes Chinese restaraunts just don't know! I remember a kid I would always want to cry when I looked down at those place mats and saw that I was a Cock."

Aww, I am sorry.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Gee, we used to fight over whose turn it was to dry the dishes because none of us wanted to do it! If I had this kind of dishwasher, I dont' think I would have protested as much when it came my turn to dry....I might have even offered to take by brother's turns as well. We would have had the cleanest dishes in the neighborhood! ;) :D

shais_mom
02-12-2005, 12:10 AM

LMAO!!
now that belongs in the DAWG HOUSE ;)

And Debbie Ya might not need a note from Mom but probably Terry! ;)

Oh and I would be in for the Tattoo outting also! :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry that I haven't been posting much on this thread but I have been keeping up and reading all of your posts. It sure sounds like this years BBQ is going to be the wildest one yet.;)

I think that I was born in the year of the Tiger- 1962.:) As far as the tatoo thing goes, I don't like pain either and since tatoos are permanent I'd only get a temporary one.:) I have had my navel pierced before and that was painful enough. It only lasted for a little over a year though because it was bothering me too much. That's the one good thing about piercings because at least you can remove them if you want to.:)

I can't wait to see the regulars again and meet all of the new PT BBQ people this year.:D

slick
02-12-2005, 11:58 AM
I was born in the year of the dragon.
:D No wonder we can both breathe fire!!!! :eek: :D

Re the mugs: I'm going to speak out our Marketing person next week because I know that our company has promotional mugs with our logo on it and they can give me some contact phone numbers to call. Let's make this happen.

If the rest of you really want to go for the tats and piercings, fill your boots. I'm not up to having more holes poked in my body. The hole in my head is big enough.....:D

Oh yes, and Gini, I spoke with my Mom this morning and she will write me a note that it's OK to attend. I'll bring it with me, unless you want it mailed for faxed ahead of time. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
02-12-2005, 01:16 PM
tasteful tattoo

Is this an oxymoron??????

krazyaboutkatz
02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Do you think that we could have pictures of our furkids put on the mugs too or would this be too expensive?

slick
02-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't know Tracey, let me look into it. I do think that it would be best to get them printed here because your dollar goes alot further. I checked into the inventory and our company white coffee mugs with just a logo on it costs about $3.00 CDN. Keep in mind that it's cheaper than we will pay because I work for a charitable organization.

I'll know alot more next week and will keep you posted.

wolflady
02-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow! $3CDN sounds pretty good. The prices I've seen can run anywhere from .45 cents -$11 per mug (steins are usually a little more). Here are a couple of examples:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&no=0
http://www.discountmugs.com/ceramics.htm

Actually, the discountmugs.com has some cute mug shapes to choose from. Perhaps we could all vote on a shape and type of mug.

Tracey, yes, you can put graphics on the mugs. All I have to provide are gifs or jpgs for the design of the mug.

I was thinking about having 3rd Annual Southern CA PT BBQ on the front of the mug perhaps with the POTD logo....if Karen approves.

Then we could have something on the back. Either a slogan for this year's theme or perhaps a picture or something. I could whip up a design in Photoshop if we want to get an idea of what the design would look like on the mug.

wolflady
02-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Wouldn't it be cute to have pawprints inside the mug?
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/icons/2paws.gif

Cincy'sMom
02-13-2005, 05:07 PM
If I remember right, I couldn't go last year, becuase it the gathering was scheduled for the same day our dance group was leaving for Florida...and if I remember right, the gathering this year is a week earlier...and so is our Florida trip :(

But...Ralph and I have not decided if we are going to Florida or not...so if not...maybe just, maybe...

luckies4me
02-13-2005, 05:29 PM
WOW! I really need to go back and read this thread. My boyfriend and I plan on coming down for sure! We love road trips! Actually, we might go to Canada this week! :D We'll probably rent a car, since my boyfriend is overly paranoid about animals in his car due to a bad situation with his old dog. I definitely still plan on being there. :D

slick
02-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Wow, Karen, you've really got it all together. Those paw prints are adorable. I vote YES!! As for the design, well, I'm very creatively challenged so I leave that up to you. I like the ideas of the PT logo and the 3rd Annual CA PT BBQ on it. If everyone is still interested in the siggies, maybe we could find a way to scan our own signatures and email them to you? I know that we have a scanner at work that I could use. Gini....get that manual out and hook up your scanner. If not, I'll fly down there next week and get it set up for you. ;)

Oh dear, my heart is twitterpating with excitement again....

CM: I sure hope you can make it.....:)

luckies4me
02-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Lynne, you can't get out of things that easily. You just watch out - there will be a big surprise for you in 2006! {God Willing)

L4Me - glad that you can come. Rascal, Annie and Emma are asking me WHO'S FRECKLES???? He doesn't chase cats does he?

Freckles is my dog. :D Holy cow...she's going to be a year soon! They grow too fast. And nope, she doesn't chase kitties either. :)

luckies4me
02-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Since I'm from Anaheim and still have family there I too will be staying there. Actually since Showstopper is in July too, I will most likely be able to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for free. If anyone would like to stay there let me know and I *might* be able to arrange for a discount. I got hookups. :p Also, I can get at least 7 people in for free to Disneyland/California Adventure.

Nomilynn
02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
I love this mug idea. If anyone needs help with that, let me know.

I haven't booked a flight yet, but that is because I need to know if someone can share a hotel with me.

Tonya, Staci, .. anyone need a roomie?? :) I am going to need to bunk with someone to cut down on costs :)

Let me know!

NoahsMommy
02-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Karen,

I LOVE all the great mug ideas!! The paw prints are way too cute! :)

Have you heard from Karen if she'd be OK with us having the PT logo yet?

What about "dragons, tattoos, dishwashers and SLUSHIES" as a theme? ;) ha ha!

In three days, it'll only be FIVE months away!!! :D Yippee!!!

robinh
02-14-2005, 08:38 AM
I am so sad that I will not be able to attend. This sounds like such fun. Have a good time all!

catland
02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Yippie - I'm definately going to be there - and I'm dragging my husband along. It so funny to say "honey, I'd like to fly down to Los Angeles to go to a BBQ with a bunch of people that I only know on the internet" and have him say "sounds like fun".

He did ask one thing "will we be spending endess hours watching slideshows of their pets?" :rolleyes: - and I told him no, that would interfere with the slushies.:D

Now we'll start mapping things out. I have a dear friend that lives in San Diego so we're hoping to be able to go down there and visit her too.

This will be so much fun.:D :D :D

NoahsMommy
02-14-2005, 11:44 AM
That's great, Catland!! :D It'll be so great to meet you and your hubby.

Don't worry, no slideshows...but people have been known to bring super cute photo albums. ;)

gini
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
How exciting Catland...........it will be so nice to meet you and your husband.

An order of slushies coming right up! (oopps, is this the Thursdays thread?:D )

slick
02-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Catland: I'm sooo happy to hear the good news. Be forwarned, if you participate once, you'll NEVER want to miss it again. ;) :D So looking forward to meeting you.

wolflady
02-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Karen,

I LOVE all the great mug ideas!! The paw prints are way too cute! :)

Have you heard from Karen if she'd be OK with us having the PT logo yet?

What about "dragons, tattoos, dishwashers and SLUSHIES" as a theme? ;) ha ha!

In three days, it'll only be FIVE months away!!! :D Yippee!!!

Actually, yes. I emailed our Mayor about using the PT logo and she agreed :D
Bless her heart. We'll have to mail her one or two;)

So, at least for the front design, should we have text at the top with the PT logo underneath?

For the text, should we have:
3rd Annual Pet Talk California BBQ
3rd Annual PT BBQ
3rd Annual Pet Talk BBQ
3rd Annual Pet Talk BBQ - Southern California
3rd Annual Southern California Pet Talk BBQ
3rd Annual Southern CA PT BBQ

???
:confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2005, 02:21 PM
3rd Annual Southern CA PT BBQ

How about

3rd A S CA PT BBQ?

;) :D :D

Sorry, couldn't resist, this just struck my funny bone. Maybe I'm going delirious or something....:rolleyes: ;) :D

slick
02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
How about

"I was easily amused in LA LA Land"

or

"3rd Annual LA PT BBQ where you can trade a smile for a slushy"

:D :D :o

wolflady
02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
How about

"I was easily amused in LA LA Land"

:D :D :o

LOL LOL LOL This is a good fit for me....perhaps this could be the slogan on the back?