PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite.. reviews?

Nomilynn
01-01-2005, 04:43 PM
I rented this movie for New Year's Eve and I LOVED it.. I ended up watching it twice last night :eek:

If you've seen it, what do you think? I thought it was hilarious, but I guess I like random humour. It really makes NO sense but it's SOOOOO funny.

I also watched Dodge Ball.. totally different type of humour but equally funny!

Any reviews?

flamepony12
01-01-2005, 04:48 PM
hehe, I loved it! :D I saw it in the theatres. ;) I agree with you, It has practically NO story, but it's really funny! :D

Kfamr
01-01-2005, 04:50 PM
LOL.. I also rented it for New Years.

I LOVE IT. I think it's just perfect.
I felt like such a nerd though, cause A LOT of the things Napoleon did, I used to do. :o (One that pops into my mind, my friends and I used to save tater tots and eat them during class. :o )

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Dodgeball was the one I wasn't fond of. It was sorta dumb. :p

I haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite.

Nomilynn
01-01-2005, 04:54 PM
ROFL!!! :p

What was up with the cows? Anyone figure that out? hahaha..

"The defect in this one is bleach."
"Correct."
"Yesssssssssssssssssssss."

"This one tastes like the cow got into an onion patch."
"He's right."

LOLL!!!

flamepony12
01-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
ROFL!!! :p

What was up with the cows? Anyone figure that out? hahaha..

"The defect in this one is bleach."
"Correct."

"This one tastes like the cow got into an onion patch."
"He's right."

LOLL!!!

hehe.. i liked that part too :D

which cows are you talking about? :p

-edit- ooops i know what you mean... he was taste-testing to earn money :D

Kfamr
01-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Lmao.. I have no clue. My favorite part was his 'skit' after Pedro's speech.

Everything was so weird and off in that movie, which is why it was so great lol.

Nomilynn
01-01-2005, 04:56 PM
He was, ironically, a good dancer! I was jealous :p

flamepony12
01-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Lmao.. I have no clue. My favorite part was his 'skit' after Pedro's speech.

that was so funny :D on some show, I forgot which, they did "The top ten ways to know youre the least popular kid in your school" :D they had the person who played Napoleon Dynamite (Dressed like ND, too) come in and name them. :p
there were things like, "People are jealous of your tetherball skills" and the #1 way was, "How would I know?? I'm like, the most popular kid in school!! gosh!!"
:p:p:p

wolf_Q
01-01-2005, 04:59 PM
I love that movie! It stayed in theaters for forever here...I think it's still in the dollar theaters actually. It wasn't easy (sold out everywhere!) but I finally got my hands on a dvd of it on Monday. It's completely stupid but I find it so hilarious. :D

cocker_luva
01-01-2005, 05:28 PM
it looks stupid and a waste of money, i wont see it.

Kfamr
01-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by cocker_luva
it looks stupid and a waste of money, i wont see it.

It's really not. It's a great movie, especially for those who KNOW what Napoleon went through. :p

CountryWolf07
01-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I find that movie, completely HILARIOUS.. I couldn't stop laughing... :D

"So what are you going to do today, Napoleon?"

"I'll do whatever I want to do, GOSH!"

:D

Amber
01-01-2005, 07:58 PM
That movie is great! :D :D

BitsyNaceyDog
01-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Justin saw it in the theater and LOVED it, so I bought it for him for Christmas. I watched it for the first time the other night. It was so great.

"don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day"

"You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."

Deb-"What are you drawing?"
Napoleon-"A liger."
Deb-"What's a liger?"
Napoleon- "It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic."

"I was out making some sweet moola with uncle Rico"

flamepony12
01-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix

"You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."

Napoleon-"A liger."
Deb-"What's a liger?"
Napoleon- "It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic."

"I was out making some sweet moola with uncle Rico"

Napoleon- "How long did it take you to grow that mustache?"
Pedro- "Couple 'o days."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Napoleon-"Of course they'll vote for you- you're like, the only guy at school with a mustache."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Napoleon- "How are you going to ask Summer to the dance?"
Pedro- "I dunno, build her a cake or sometin'."
Napoleon- "Can you come pick me up?"
Kip- "What's wrong Napoleon?"
Napoleon- "Can you just pick me up?"
Kip- "Napoleon, I'm really busy right now."
Napoleon- "Can you at least bring me my chapstick?"
Kip- "Just borrow the nurse's. I'm know she has like, a hundred sticks."
Napoleon- "Iww. I'm not borrowing the nurse's that's disguisting!"
Kip- "sorry Napoleon."
Napoleon- "Fine you freakin' idiot!"

Aspen and Misty
01-01-2005, 10:52 PM
I saw the movie and hated it.

We almost watched Dodge ball last night, but my friends choose a diffrent one, however I can't wait to see it!

Ashley

Tweety_Pie
01-01-2005, 11:01 PM
I saw and I LOVED it!

This movie is absoulutly hilarious! My brother got it for christmas. I've watched it about 20 times, and it gets funnier each time. I love it how its a change of movie for once.. instead of seeing it in a popular cheerleader or jocks view, its more a nerds view..

My favourite part is when napoleon has to feed Tina (the lama) and hes like

"TINA YOU FAT LARD COME GET SOME DINNER"

What makes it funny is how he says it.. his voice is hilarious!!

If you haven't seen it, i recommend it, it may look like a low budget waste of money movie, but it is soo funny!

Kfamr
01-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix

Napoleon-"A liger."
Deb-"What's a liger?"

I thought these two parts were hilarious.
I'm going to watch it again before I go to bed. I have to bring it back tomorrow. :(

Tweety_Pie
01-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm going to watch it again before I go to bed.

Thats a good idea Kay! :D

I never figured out the part about the cows.. the whole movie was so random lol!

HAHA what did you guys think about Kips girlfriend Lafawnduh?
They are such a funny couple! Its so funny how she buys him "bling bling" lmao!

green_chameleon_girl
01-01-2005, 11:53 PM
LMAO I LOVED THAT MOVIE IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!

tina..EAT THE FOOD! *throws food*:D

BCBlondie
01-02-2005, 03:41 AM
I saw the movie... and it was okay. I actually didn't really laugh during the movie at all. It was more depressing than funny... I laughed so much more during the Princess Diaries movies and Mean Girls than during Napoleon Dynamite LOL! :o

Things I actually liked about the movie:
- The speech skit thing where Napoleon did that dance.
- How Pedro's cousins were like bodyguards for the nerds
- How Kip was a computer nerd lol
- The movie clip after the credits

Cincy'sMom
01-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I have not seen either movie, but have heard mixed reviews. My brother absolutely loved Napoleon and Dodge Ball both and says I HAVE to see them!

Some of my friend's rented Napoleon and they said don't waste the hour and a half out of yourl ife, it is time you can never have back (they REALLY hated it!). I guess I'll wait til my borther brings the DVD's up, and I don't waste any money, or wait til they are on TV...

aly
01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
My sister rented both Dodgeball and Napoleon Dynamite while she was visiting for the holidays. I ended up not being able to see them. Now that I know they're funny, I think I'll go rent both!

wolfie
01-02-2005, 03:34 PM
I love that movie! My sister and I saw it twice in the theater (once with our mom - who loved it too!), and we got the DVD for Christmas. The whole movie is hilarious!!!

christa
01-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Napoleon Dynamite is a GREAT movie! We rented it and watched it 4 times last week!

My favorites quotes:

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

and of course . . .

Napoleon Dynamite: You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

GREAT Movie! I think it's so great because EVERYONE can relate someone in that movie to someone they went to highschool with!

Suki Wingy
02-19-2005, 11:18 PM
I watched that movie last night and I was soooooooooooo dissapointed. Reasons why:
1. Now the general public knows ligers and tigons really exist (I'm not special anymore!:( )
2. It was stupid
3. I was so bored that I came on PT instead
Reasons it was good:
1. Now I know what vote for Pedro means
2. Now I know why this annoying kid in a few of my classes talks like that
3. Now I can tell when someone is quoting the movie.
4. There was a llama.
My Favorite character; Tina the Llama.

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I watched it tonight only because after reading this thread it sounded as if it was going to be a great movie. I didn't really enjoy it...lol/ I honestly didn't see the point in it:p

luckies4me
02-20-2005, 01:08 AM
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE This movie!!! I cannot tell you how many times I saw it. 10 plus in the theatres, plus we stole it online before it came out so watched it a ton at home, then bought it and rented it with friends. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! :D I absolutely adore this movie!

cookieluver7
02-20-2005, 12:05 PM
My brother and I wanted to see the movie sooooo bad so we were gonna rent it last night and watch it. Well the video rental store had TONS of them and they were ALL out! :( :rolleyes::mad::p. I was dying to see it. I guess I'll have to see if it's there today.

dukedogsmom
02-20-2005, 12:11 PM
I've seen it and think I like it but really need to watch it again. I love it when Napoleon gets nailed in the head with a steak. His opening line starts the movie off good, though. That and the way he says it. He's so funny. Some parts really cracked me up. I HATED Dodge Ball.

Soapets
02-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I watched it with my 15-year-old son about a week ago. HIS reactions to it were what I enjoyed the most. He thought it was hilarious. I thought it was stupid, but funny, and enjoyed watching my son and talking with him about different aspects of it.

CamCamPup33
02-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I loved it! I thought it was soo funny.

I love the part where he's talking to Kip and he's like..

"Can you do me a favor then??"
"What Napoleon?"
"Can you bring me my chapstick?"
"No, Napoleon"
"But my lips hurt REAL BAD!!"

LOL!! :p

Kfamr
02-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm going to call my mom one of these days when I'm at school and ask her to bring my chapstick.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-20-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm going to call my mom one of these days when I'm at school and ask her to bring my chapstick.

LMAO!

I LOVE this movie. Seriously. It may have no point, but it's hilarious. Both of my parents enjoyed it, too. I'm going to ask them if we can buy it today. :p