PDA

View Full Version : face make up - Carole?

sirrahbed
01-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I think it was Carole who posted about MaxFactor Colour Adapt?? Well, I finally splurged and bought some in creamy ivory. I have been through numerous foundations and hated them all. THIS one I plan to stick with and thank you to Carole or whoever it was that posted about it. It feels like silky whipped cream going on, blends with no lines and does actually blend in with the natural skin color so except for a smooth complexion, nobody would ever guess it was a make-up! Thanks, I love it!!

RobiLee
01-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey, I have been wondering about this myself!!! I remembered that it was Carole but couldn't think of what the makeup was. Thanks for bringing this up, Debbie! I have been wanting to try something different also.

Robin :)

kimlovescats
01-01-2005, 07:52 PM
OK, one testimonial almost sold me ... now I know I HAVE to try this stuff!!!! :D

sirrahned
01-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Hi Kim,
I am reading Pettalk threads to Debbie because she has
a flu bug or something.
Anyways, Debbie said to tell you that Wal-Mart has this makeup. ...Better priced than anywhere else...around $10.00.

RobiLee
01-02-2005, 08:25 AM
I went and bought this last night, Debbie! You better not be lying to me ;) :p

I bought mine at Super Kmart, where I work, for $7.99!:p

shais_mom
01-02-2005, 01:13 PM
I have it also - and I really liked it too! :)

sirrahbed
01-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Robin or Kim - have you tried it?? I am still loving it! My DIL tried it over the holidays and she liked it too and I have to say that even with her gloriously young complexion - it looked beautiful on her!! She is lighlty freckled and it made her face look like porcelain. I believe her skin might be a tad lighter and could use the ivory. What I ca't get over is how it evens out the colors and I cannot even feel it on my face - THAT is what I have always hated about every foundation I have ever tried. Updates please!:D

jazzcat
01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I decided to try it after reading your post. I thought I bought Natural but when I tried it the color was too light and when I looked at the bottle it said Blushing Beige.:rolleyes: Someone put the wrong bottle in the slot I wanted and I didn't read the bottle, stupid me. So I have a color that is a little too light and too pink for my skin tone. Other than that I like how it feels but it's a little hard for me to say if the color truly "adapts" for me.

kimlovescats
01-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I did go and buy it, and I love the way it goes on ... just glides on and feels powdery instead of creamy or greasy! However, I still have it get shiny and greasy on me, as I have the oiliest skin on earth!:rolleyes: I guess if they ever come up with something to not turn me oily, then I will buy stock in it! hahaha!

Kim

shais_mom
01-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Clinique has a mattifier that works awesome - Kim!!

:cool:
Or Clean and Clear Blotting papers.....

Miss Meow
01-13-2005, 06:39 PM
I am so coming to America - I priced this today and it's $A35 at a discount shop :eek: . My Lancome refills aren't much more expensive than that :rolleyes: