PDA

View Full Version : Fister's New Year starts with a bang!

jonza
01-01-2005, 11:03 AM
http://www.studio16a.dk/odds/nytaar.jpg
These humans are MAD!

Since we live in the midst of the urban jungle, we can't protect Fister from the New Year celebrations here - and they're LOUD! He wasn't very happy about it at all, but put on a brave show, and only fled under the bed once. Poor old Pjevs in the yard had to handle it on his own, he had disappeared around midnight, presumably finding some little hole to hide himself in. This morning he was luckily back as usual in his little house. He's at least 12 years old, so I presume he's tried it all before!

Here's a short example of what they had to put up with:

Noise! (http://www.studio16a.dk/odds/New Year Noise.wav)

Downtown Baghdad is nothing compared with Copenhagen by night!

This went on with a few short breaks for about an hour and a half. The worst thing of course are the idiots who have to wander round the streets until the early hours of the morning getting rid of their left over bombs and rockets. So we didn't sleep much last night!

Happy New Year to all Pet Talkers!

slick
01-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh poor little Fister. Fireworks are so hard on animals. Gentle hugs to you sweetie...it's all over now.

Fortunately, I'm in a highrise apt and fireworks that are let off, are up the hill where the houses are. Didn't hear any last night...must have slept through it all.

Happy Mew Year to you all.

dukedogsmom
01-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Ha! He looks like he's telling everyone to stop! Those were some loud fireworks. We had some in our neighborhood but they quit a little after midnight.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Poor Fister!

Luckily, fireworks aren't allowed in our town on New Years. My cats would hate them too. They are sending paw pats and head bumpies to you for comfort!

Barbara
01-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Lord Fister you really should make sure there aren't things like this;)

F+T hid under the bed shortly but in a village like ours it didn't last that long.

Vio&Juni
01-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Although we are in the very centre of Chisinau, and the main square and the central park are only 50 meters away from our window, Juni and Pichu were so brave to just enjoy it. Even when I lit a bengal fire, Juni just watched it and immediatelly went back to her nap. What scared them was me and my sister singing Karaoke :D

Happy Mew Year, Fister! And Happy New Year to all Pet Talkers!

jazzzytina
01-01-2005, 02:58 PM
We shot off a lot of fireworks and the cats and dog were fascinated by them! Of course, they were inside on a back porch, but we shot off Roman Candles where they could see the colors (they don't make much noise). they all perched up and watched on the window sills! I was really surprised!

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Poor Fister.:( Luckily there were only a few fireworks here. I played the fireworks for my cats and it woke Cirrus and Sky up from their naps. They both looked scared too so I can imagine how Fister felt.

catnapper
01-01-2005, 07:25 PM
That is some noise! We had a few fireworks, but nothing compared to that.

delidog
01-02-2005, 03:48 AM
Awww Poor Fister & Pjevs!!!!
I also cannot stand the fireworks on New Years' or july 4th....There is ALWAYS an accident that takes a limb or a life because of them....

Hobo is terrified of them....it will be 2 weeks of me carrying him to go out now....after the new years' fireworks...

I hope that Pjevs' found an outside safe place...

Lots of scritches and Head Bumpies for you Dear Fister!!!!

Killearn Kitties
01-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Snuggles to both Fister and Pjevs! I hope they are starting to foget all about those nasty bangs!

I'm pleased to say that our village didn't have an official display this year and I only heard about two fireworks go off. We never got New Year's fireworks here until the millenium celebrations, so I'm hoping it is starting to die out. Killjoy that I am! :p

RobiLee
01-02-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry Fister had such a noisey start for the New Year...BUT...I'm so glad you shared the story and picture! Fister is so handsome. I love him! He makes me think of my childhood kitty, Jackie! I don't get around to the cat side often and I don't know if I have seen Fister before so I'm so glad that you posted his pic. Thanks for sharing him with me!
http://www.studio16a.dk/odds/nytaar.jpg
So, So Handsome!!! Happy New Year, Fister!

Hugs....Robin :)

lizbud
01-02-2005, 10:14 AM
I hope Fister is over his scare by now, poor fellow.:(
I really feel so bad for Pjevs and all the other outside cats &
dogs who try hard to escape the dreaded bangs.:( Animals
must think us humans very strange creatures.:D

I played the NOISE link and Smokey ran under my desk, but
Maggie & the kitties just stared at the computer screen.:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Poor Fister boy!! You didn't like all the "bangs"? My cats didn't care, they just went on napping: brave girls hey ;) :D

Kirsten
01-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Poor Fister and poor Pjevs!!! My girls can relate to your fear! It's been hard for them, too, especially for Luna! They will never understand the madness of the hoomans!

Kirsten

Randi
01-02-2005, 01:37 PM
We usually get a pill (5 mg Diazepam) for Fister to calm him down, but this year we forgot. :o I was hoping he'd dissapear into the bathroom, as that is THE place with no noise, but when he's hiding, he goes under the bed. We did have blinds up and closed the curtains, that helped a little. :) He was also fed shrimps in bed. ;)

I felt so bad for Pjevs, I gave him dinner early, so he could eat in peace, and I had planned to take him inside on the staircase during the worst, but he had fled long before. :( There's a huge churchyard behind the park, which is just across the road, but still, rockets etc, were flying all over the place. :( Well, he was in his house the next morning. :)

This is the view from our window - on a normal summer day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/View-to-park.jpg
Notice the round bush on the edge to the park, that's where Fister loves to hide!

delidog
01-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Randi,
So glad they are both alright!!!!

Shrimp in Bed?!?!?!?! ;)
Hmmmm,Do Ya' Think the Fister boy Milks this one a little bit???? ;),:) (Excuse the Pun!!)

Happy New Year!!!!